just deleted a ton of stuff of Xbox for 8GB

I only have a 20 GB HDD but that has been no probloem for my bro only plays COD and I play halo, but the odd single player game once a year (assasins, Batman, splinter cell). I had to delete almost all my Halo 3/reach pictures and videos :frowning: and I have 9 GB of room. So after this Halo 4 download I have around 1 GB of room. Then after my brother and COD and my maps/videos/and pics for H4 I will have barley any room for new maps/updates/ etc. What should I do
-Buy another used 20 HDD for 20$ (then my deleting of Halo 3 stuff would be a waste)
-buy another 256 MB memory stick that can hold extra games like assasins creed and stuff

need advice…thanks

I commend you sir

But you should really get more memory :frowning: Dont forget you will probably wantto save films and pics in H4

get a 16gb or 8gb flash drive (not xbox brand) from sandisk, or a corsair voyager one. those will work great! and i got a 16gb corsair voyager flashdrive for $15 from dell online. its super fast

buy a bigger drive such as the 120GB then you will have 100GB free space once you transfer all of your data over.

not enough $ for 120 and the transfer cable. Just need enough for halo 4 and the odd game here and there

at my wal-mart we sell 16gb flash drives for $10. check your local walmart. I got a 160gb HDD for $50 from a guy on Craigslist! Totally worth the money! You should try that too

Get a 16GB Xbox 360 flashdrive.

> I only have a 20 GB HDD but that has been no probloem for my bro only plays COD and I play halo, but the odd single player game once a year (assasins, Batman, splinter cell). I had to delete almost all my Halo 3/reach pictures and videos :frowning: and I have 9 GB of room. So after this Halo 4 download I have around 1 GB of room. Then after my brother and COD and my maps/videos/and pics for H4 <mark>I will have barley any room for new maps/updates/ etc</mark>. What should I do
> -Buy another used 20 HDD for 20$ (then my deleting of Halo 3 stuff would be a waste)
> -buy another 256 MB memory stick that can hold extra games like assasins creed and stuff
>
> need advice…thanks

Crap, didn’t think of that. I’m probably gonna have to delete even more stuff to save space :confused:

Newegg is also a great place for tech bargains…

apperantly the 16GB stick doesn’t work for the download (according to guy at EB Games)

I don’t know what the heck MS were thinking releasing a 20GB version (with only 12GB of space for users). They should have at least made it possible to swap out HDDs like the PS3 does. Oh well, that’s another argument I guess.

Like many others have suggested. Getting a USB should be your best bet.

> I don’t know what the heck MS were thinking releasing a 20GB version (with only 12GB of space for users).

They were thinking it was 2005. Before DLC or installing games was a thing. You could put a lot of saved games and ~200MB Arcade games on a drive that size.

> > I don’t know what the heck MS were thinking releasing a 20GB version (with only 12GB of space for users).
>
> They were thinking it was 2005. Before DLC or installing games was a thing. You could put a lot of saved games and ~200MB Arcade games on a drive that size.

Well it’s not the fact that they released a SKU that low, it’s just they didn’t make it to where you can swap HDDs without having to buy their proprietary ones. But time has passed and you could go online and buy a 320GB Xbox HDD for $70. Prices have dropped.

Will Halo 4 be beneficial if it’s installed to the HDD? Not sure if I can wait around for about 30 min waiting for it to be installed

Is there even any discussion value in this?

> Will Halo 4 be beneficial if it’s installed to the HDD? Not sure if I can wait around for about 30 min waiting for it to be installed

Mostly all games nowadays are optimized for HDD installation. Halo: Reach benefited quite nicely when installed. It doesn’t take 30min. It’s really about 10min.

My brother is facing a similar issue, he has about 1GB left on his Xbox, so now he might buy the Halo 4 Limited Edition just to solve his memory problem with his Xbox, and I might get his FOTUS armor if he doesn’t want it, he’s not really into armors and stuff.

> apperantly the 16GB stick doesn’t work for the download (according to guy at EB Games)

Doesn’t work for the download? That doesn’t make sense to me, normally when I do download any on the xbox, I’m prompted to choose which storage device I want to save to, which I can choose the stick.

As far as loading from the stick goes, I’ve never had an issue with my games. The game that is probably the most processing intense would be civ rev and even that worked fine. But yea, madden, halo 3, perfect dark, assassins creed 2 and others worked just fine as well including dlc I had for assassins creed 2.