Just Curious, Flood.

I find it interresting that , every one thinks the flood is totally destroyed?
Some people seem to think that flood only acts on a gravemind, yes that is the main controll room, but think about the spores in the Halo ring lab? They did not have a grave mind, still tried to take over the universe.

Theory 1 : After halo 3, destroying the ark, there was nothing special about that little bang. It was not a forerunner bang to destroy all sentient live. Just a bang with fire and smoke. (correct me if i’m wrong, i based this on masterchief he should have been dead by the blast if it were a forerunner explosion)

So flood was able to survive covanant orbital glassing. I think the possibility is very present that the flood is still out there.

Theory 2 : Think about all the planets they devoured, somewhere there is a little spore inside a cave infecting little rats(or what ever other vermin lives on the planet it is on) growing bigger and larger every day.

They will be back, they will be…

Are you happy about this theory? my opinion, my theory

!!!DISCUSS!!!

sorry for spelling from holland(europe)

I really hope they come back, they were fun to fight.

idk about rats but if im correct they came from somewhere outside the milky way gallaxy so there could be more chillin at wherever they came from

It is more than obvious that the Flood still exists, they did indeed infect and consume many systems, and they’re supposedly from another Galaxy (apparently created by the Precursors as a fail safe should they of lost the war against the Forerunners, which they did) Installation 05 suffered a serious outbreak, to which by now, the entire Installation would be infested and all organisms consumed. It is notable that the Forerunners kept samples on Installations, it is likely that the Shield world Chief Is on, will have Flood specimens as well, perhaps we’ll see the Flood in Halo 5?

It’s truly hard to say what will happen KenWesRem!

Certainly the ending move clip of Halo 3 shows every Flood is dried up when each Halo bursts and is turned off. But does this mean they won’t be back to ruin the party? It seems like “no” but it also seemed like Chief wouldn’t be fighting more Halos, or shooting Elites with his Battle Rifle and DMRs long after those Elites have left the Covenant and Forged a heart-earned peace, or wearing new Warthogs and Hats from his UNSC partners at the cold end of the universe! So we can see that a lot of twisted turns are on the plate as 343mastermind endeavour to limit confusion and heap on the left-over ingredients that BungieForce kept in the fridge. I can’t wait to see it!

> It’s truly hard to say what will happen KenWesRem!
>
> Certainly the ending move clip of Halo 3 shows every Flood is dried up when each Halo bursts and is turned off. But does this mean they won’t be back to ruin the party? It seems like “no” but it also seemed like Chief wouldn’t be fighting more Halos, or shooting Elites with his Battle Rifle and DMRs long after those Elites have left the Covenant and Forged a heart-earned peace, or wearing new Warthogs and Hats from his UNSC partners at the cold end of the universe! So we can see that a lot of twisted turns are on the plate as 343mastermind endeavour to limit confusion and heap on the left-over ingredients that BungieForce kept in the fridge. I can’t wait to see it!

All of my wat.

Yes, the Flood is still alive in the Halo Universe, not only because of all the samples on the Halo array, and the forgotten infestation of Installation 05. Also, the firing of Installation 04B was a cleansing of the Flood in the nearby area. John survived because he escaped before the ring actually fired, or rather, outpaced the Wave of DeathTM.

So certainly, whilst Frankie has stated we will not be fighting Flood in Halo 4, there’s every chance we will still see the parasite, and fight it in Halos 5 and 6. Who knows? When the Precursors return, as they inevitably will, maybe they’ll bring with them a more powerful form of Flood than we’ve ever known.

Did anyone else see the title of this topic and think the OP was addressing bungie.net’s off-topic forum? >_>

you realise flood can live without a gravemind they just become more intelligent with one

I’m fine with Flood coming back. Just please, please have 343 make them more interesting/fun to fight.

“The Library” and “Cortarna” were terrible levels and they weren’t even that scary, just frustrating. Fighting through them was pretty much a waste of time for me - especially on Legendary. At least Halo 3 had Pure Forms to break up the monotony. Halo CE’s Flood levels were some of the most boring I’ve ever seen.

If Flood can’t come back without being made more interesting or fun to fight, I’d rather 343 make up some random canon explanation to wave them out of existence forever.

> I’m fine with Flood coming back. Just please, please have 343 make them more interesting/fun to fight.
>
> “The Library” and “Cortarna” were terrible levels and they weren’t even that scary, just frustrating. Fighting through them was pretty much a waste of time for me - especially on Legendary. At least Halo 3 had Pure Forms to break up the monotony. Halo CE’s Flood levels were some of the most boring I’ve ever seen.
>
> If Flood can’t come back without being made more interesting or fun to fight, I’d rather 343 make up some random canon explanation to wave them out of existence forever.

Halo CE had the scariest flood levels. At least when your a 12 year old and your 8 year old little brother with no fear has to do them for you.

The Flood infection at the Ark was destroyed. Between the firing of the replacement Halo and the burning/destruction of the Ark, most if not all the Flood there would have been destroyed. In addition, the Flood on Installation 05 was completely destroyed through glassing.

Still, even with this, each Halo ring has samples of the Flood in storage, and there is always the possibility of the Flood being active in other galaxies.

This a Halo 4 forum. Also they were the worst to fight and really annoying. This is 343i’s game not BUNGIE’s anymore.

> > I’m fine with Flood coming back. Just please, please have 343 make them more interesting/fun to fight.
> >
> > “The Library” and “Cortarna” were terrible levels and they weren’t even that scary, just frustrating. Fighting through them was pretty much a waste of time for me - especially on Legendary. At least Halo 3 had Pure Forms to break up the monotony. Halo CE’s Flood levels were some of the most boring I’ve ever seen.
> >
> > If Flood can’t come back without being made more interesting or fun to fight, I’d rather 343 make up some random canon explanation to wave them out of existence forever.
>
> Halo CE had the scariest flood levels. At least when your a 12 year old and your 8 year old little brother with no fear has to do them for you.

I’m 12 too that is pretty funny and sad. I didn’t really think the flood levels were scary cause of the graphics they did creep me out a bit I will admit.

According to a few posts I have read here that are according to a few books the Flood are the Precursors. The Precursors go around trolling the universe with the Flood seeing who can survive it. I think they can just pop their heads out of some worm hole in another galaxy and drop a few graveminds in ours and say problem?

The Flood will be back, you can bet on that because they brought the Covies back. It only makes sense at this point to continue rehashing old enemies going 10+ years strong

> According to a few posts I have read here that are according to a few books the Flood are the Precursors. The Precursors go around trolling the universe with the Flood seeing who can survive it. I think they can just pop their heads out of some worm hole in another galaxy and drop a few graveminds in ours and say problem?
>
> The Flood will be back, you can bet on that because they brought the Covies back. It only makes sense at this point to continue rehashing old enemies going 10+ years strong

MAYBE… But remember this is a 343i game. It will not happen in Halo 4 that is for sure it could be in Halo 5 or Halo 6 maybe at the end of Halo 4 they’ll have a little thing at the end of the credits and it could show the flood.

> I really hope they come back, they were fun to fight.

I’d say they will in either Halo 5 or 6.

> > > I’m fine with Flood coming back. Just please, please have 343 make them more interesting/fun to fight.
> > >
> > > “The Library” and “Cortarna” were terrible levels and they weren’t even that scary, just frustrating. Fighting through them was pretty much a waste of time for me - especially on Legendary. At least Halo 3 had Pure Forms to break up the monotony. Halo CE’s Flood levels were some of the most boring I’ve ever seen.
> > >
> > > If Flood can’t come back without being made more interesting or fun to fight, I’d rather 343 make up some random canon explanation to wave them out of existence forever.
> >
> > Halo CE had the scariest flood levels. At least when your a 12 year old and your 8 year old little brother with no fear has to do them for you.
>
> I’m 12 too that is pretty funny and sad. I didn’t really think the flood levels were scary cause of the graphics they did creep me out a bit I will admit.

Haha, generation difference i’m 20 now. When i was 12 we were crapping our pants watching chuckie.

The Flood Originally came from outside of the Milky-Way Galaxy (our galaxy), which is out- side of the blast radius of the Halo array. But I don’t think they will bring the flood back; mostly because of people who don’t know much about the lore think that the flood was completely wiped out by the firing of Installation-04B.

> > I’m fine with Flood coming back. Just please, please have 343 make them more interesting/fun to fight.
> >
> > “The Library” and “Cortarna” were terrible levels and they weren’t even that scary, just frustrating. Fighting through them was pretty much a waste of time for me - especially on Legendary. At least Halo 3 had Pure Forms to break up the monotony. Halo CE’s Flood levels were some of the most boring I’ve ever seen.
> >
> > If Flood can’t come back without being made more interesting or fun to fight, I’d rather 343 make up some random canon explanation to wave them out of existence forever.
>
> Halo CE had the scariest flood levels. At least when your a 12 year old and your 8 year old little brother with no fear has to do them for you.

Hahah! My older brother always made me play Half-life for him! And Ocarina of Time when there were zombies.

i think most people that think the flood are gone is due to them not reading books or lore about the halo universe. Those of us that have know the flood is still out there. just not a current threat in halo 4. who knows about 5-6. id rather not see them return. not because i hated flood levels. but mainly because its a new trilogy and i want a new enemy(ies). if they do bring them back i hope that there are more forms and they are much much more of a threat.

the only thing that scares me more then a squad of black elites are flood wielding shotties and rockets.

> I really hope they come back, they were fun to fight.

This but I won’t be bummed out if they don’t return either.