Just Completed Halo 5 On Legendary Solo

I first played through the campaign on normal on release day and never came back to it since this week playing through on legendary is tedious and repetitive but really satisfying even if the story was not great in some peoples eyes the new style of game mechanics introduced in Halo 5 really made the campaign more unique which after completed it for a third time i am happy to say it was a great experience on solo but its most likely even better with 3 other people :slight_smile:

BRING ON HALO 6

> 2533274923376251;1:
> I first played through the campaign on normal on release day and never came back to it since this week playing through on legendary is tedious and repetitive but really satisfying even if the story was not great in some peoples eyes the new style of game mechanics introduced in Halo 5 really made the campaign more unique which after completed it for a third time i am happy to say it was a great experience on solo but its most likely even better with 3 other people :slight_smile:
>
> BRING ON HALO 6

Well done mate! I did my first play through on Heroic (that triple Warden fight was a shock) but still haven’t finished it solo legendary and I must have played the whole game through at least 6 times haha. I have 4 left to do, already done the last two missions on solo legendary though as my mate helped me do the first 13 missions co-op legendary but I’ve not seen him for ages and was impatient to get the non solo legendary achievement. Again, good job man

> 2533274838073795;2:
> > 2533274923376251;1:
> > I first played through the campaign on normal on release day and never came back to it since this week playing through on legendary is tedious and repetitive but really satisfying even if the story was not great in some peoples eyes the new style of game mechanics introduced in Halo 5 really made the campaign more unique which after completed it for a third time i am happy to say it was a great experience on solo but its most likely even better with 3 other people :slight_smile:
> >
> > BRING ON HALO 6
>
>
> Well done mate! I did my first play through on Heroic (that triple Warden fight was a shock) but still haven’t finished it solo legendary and I must have played the whole game through at least 6 times haha. I have 4 left to do, already done the last two missions on solo legendary though as my mate helped me do the first 13 missions co-op legendary but I’ve not seen him for ages and was impatient to get the non solo legendary achievement. Again, good job man

Hey mate if you want a hand completing it on co op legendary give me a shout i would love to do it again :slight_smile:

I finished Legendary solo recently as well. It’s funny, there actually is a learning curve to it. In the first few missions I was struggling beginning to end, but by the end you already know how to approach any given situation. I completely shocked myself by beating the triple Warden fight on my second try (that’s a sequence that took me around 10 attempts on my first, Normal run and it was a cakewalk here).

It certainly is satisfying. And the level design is just a treat. Just missing a good story and some more unique vehicle moments to shake things up (like Halo 4’s Mamoth/Broadsword/Pelican missions or Reach’s Long Night of Solace/New Alexandria).

I also found that Pronetheans are much, much tougher than Covenant. Probably because of soldiers, which are a real -Yoink-. And the squad AI still suck. Really really bad. By the end I was just using them for the revives, so I kept them hidden in the back and only called them in when I dropped. They even managed to fail that more than half of the time.

> 2533274846978810;4:
> I finished Legendary solo recently as well. It’s funny, there actually is a learning curve to it. In the first few missions I was struggling beginning to end, but by the end you already know how to approach any given situation. I completely shocked myself by beating the triple Warden fight on my second try (that’s a sequence that took me around 10 attempts on my first, Normal run and it was a cakewalk here).
>
> It certainly is satisfying. And the level design is just a treat. Just missing a good story and some more unique vehicle moments to shake things up (like Halo 4’s Mamoth/Broadsword/Pelican missions or Reach’s Long Night of Solace/New Alexandria).
>
> I also found that Pronetheans are much, much tougher than Covenant. Probably because of soldiers, which are a real -Yoink-. And the squad AI still suck. Really really bad. By the end I was just using them for the revives, so I kept them hidden in the back and only called them in when I dropped. They even managed to fail that more than half of the time.

Yes i can most definitly relate to this once you get the feel of the levels and the enemy’s it makes it a load easier but you are right the Prometheans are much more of a challenge towards the end of the game i found most covenant weapons were quite ineffective against them which added to the challenge.

> 2533274846978810;4:
> I finished Legendary solo recently as well. It’s funny, there actually is a learning curve to it. In the first few missions I was struggling beginning to end, but by the end you already know how to approach any given situation. I completely shocked myself by beating the triple Warden fight on my second try (that’s a sequence that took me around 10 attempts on my first, Normal run and it was a cakewalk here).
>
> It certainly is satisfying. And the level design is just a treat. Just missing a good story and some more unique vehicle moments to shake things up (like Halo 4’s Mamoth/Broadsword/Pelican missions or Reach’s Long Night of Solace/New Alexandria).
>
> I also found that Pronetheans are much, much tougher than Covenant. Probably because of soldiers, which are a real -Yoink-. And the squad AI still suck. Really really bad. By the end I was just using them for the revives, so I kept them hidden in the back and only called them in when I dropped. They even managed to fail that more than half of the time.

I finished it almost 9 months ago I think,but it was so damn frustrating especially the ally a.I and the kraken,and the triple wardens

> 2533274923376251;3:
> > 2533274838073795;2:
> > > 2533274923376251;1:
> > > I first played through the campaign on normal on release day and never came back to it since this week playing through on legendary is tedious and repetitive but really satisfying even if the story was not great in some peoples eyes the new style of game mechanics introduced in Halo 5 really made the campaign more unique which after completed it for a third time i am happy to say it was a great experience on solo but its most likely even better with 3 other people :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > BRING ON HALO 6
> >
> >
> > Well done mate! I did my first play through on Heroic (that triple Warden fight was a shock) but still haven’t finished it solo legendary and I must have played the whole game through at least 6 times haha. I have 4 left to do, already done the last two missions on solo legendary though as my mate helped me do the first 13 missions co-op legendary but I’ve not seen him for ages and was impatient to get the non solo legendary achievement. Again, good job man
>
>
> Hey mate if you want a hand completing it on co op legendary give me a shout i would love to do it again :slight_smile:

I will thanks! You inspired me to finally try and finish Swords of Sanghelios and I just finally did it!!! Only Enemy Lines, Battle of Sunaion and Geneis left :slight_smile: also agree with the bloke above! You definitely do find a groove with this, this is the first Halo I’ve even come close to finishing legendary solo, even Halo 4 I could only do the first half of the game. But yeah I actually find the Warden fights quite easy on legendary now, I was told a very good technique. I think in all the areas you fight the Warden there is an Incineration Cannon and Scattershots, and there are definitely always those leading up to those fights at the very least. All you have to do is isolate each Warden, blast him in the face with an overcharge Cannon, then get behind him whilst he’s stunned and just keep shooting his weak spot with the Scattershot. Even when you use all five loaded rounds just keep one shotting him as he loads a cartridge fast enough, and you can take the Warden down in like 10 seconds and he can’t even fight back!! Brilliant, was so happy when I found out there was a really easy way to beat him, when I first thought about what fighting three Wardens would be like solo legendary I think a bit of me died inside, but that didn’t last :slight_smile: