just beat h5 campagin, opinion no story spoilers

So i finished h5, i wont go into detail about the story. I just thought some would like to know basic stuff if there wondering about picking the game up or not
So the game took me about 10 hours to beat on heroic.
I died a fair amount of times but the difficutly is very up and down in places
There are tones of things to find , i probably found about 20% of things and i only found 1 skull in my platthough and i looked around quite about, so you can add on quite afew hours there.

Is the game good? yes its fantastic lol. if you enjoyed halo 2 campagin then your going to enjoy this as that what it feels closest too.
preformance, yes its great didnt notice any slow downs, grahpics are really clear and vibrant, no brown and greys in this halo.
Gameplay is top teir, it has moments i feel supass previous halos,
music is fantastic,
cutt scenes are amazing

Yes its wayyy way better than halo 4.
If you enjoyed h2 campagin go buy it.

What would you rate it out of (out of 10) :smiley:

Very excited…h2 campaign had a lot of story to it. A few more days!!!

> 2555390681439134;1:
> So i finished h5, i wont go into detail about the story. I just thought some would like to know basic stuff if there wondering about picking the game up or not
> So the game took me about 10 hours to beat on heroic.
> I died a fair amount of times but the difficutly is very up and down in places
> There are tones of things to find , i probably found about 20% of things and i only found 1 skull in my platthough and i looked around quite about, so you can add on quite afew hours there.
>
> Is the game good? yes its fantastic lol. if you enjoyed halo 2 campagin then your going to enjoy this as that what it feels closest too.
> preformance, yes its great didnt notice any slow downs, grahpics are really clear and vibrant, no brown and greys in this halo.
> Gameplay is top teir, it has moments i feel supass previous halos,
> music is fantastic,
> cutt scenes are amazing
>
> Yes its wayyy way better than halo 4.
> If you enjoyed h2 campagin go buy it.

I’ve been feeling for weeks that Halo 5 was going to be 343’s equivalent to Bungie’s Halo 2. Damn happy to have that feeling confirmed. :slight_smile:

Dying a fair amount of times doesn’t confirm Difficulty that much, so I must ask.

Did you find any sort of challenge in parts of the campaign?
Also, how well is the enemy AI, did they do anything unpredictable (besides hunters being awesome)?

Well this just boosted my faith in Halo’s campaign again. Even with all the hype, I had a few worries that the campaign would be terrible.

Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is a dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.

> 2533274839169051;7:
> Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is an dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.

Well, I completely disagree about Halo 2 having the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign, but yeah, I’ve always been expecting Halo 5 to have a similar, cliffhanger style ending.

> 2533274839169051;7:
> Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is a dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.

Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing. Having watched the ending already: if Halo 2’s ending was unsatisfying, Halo 5’s is going to cause riots.

> 2533274839169051;7:
> Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is an dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.

Uhhh we’ve known that Halo 4 was the beginning of the Reclaimer Saga so I don’t think any of us are expecting complete closure with Halo 5. Yes Halo 2 pissed us all off with those last words: “Sir, finishing this fight…” but that was because we didn’t expect there to be a third game before Halo 2 was released. At the same time though we knew that we’d be getting a new Halo game in the future. Other than the cliffhanger I thought the campaign was awesome. Great story and the surprise of being able to play as Arbiter.

edit: Saga, not necessarily Trilogy

AHHH SOOO STOKED

> 2657257815866751;10:
> > 2533274839169051;7:
> > Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is an dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.
>
>
> Uhhh we’ve known that Halo 4 was the beginning of the Reclaimer trilogy so I don’t think any of us are expecting complete closure with Halo 5. Yes Halo 2 pissed us all off with those last words: “Sir, finishing this fight…” but that was because we didn’t expect there to be a third game before Halo 2 was released. At the same time though we knew that we’d be getting a new Halo game in the future. Other than the cliffhanger I thought the campaign was awesome. Great story and the surprise of being able to play as Arbiter.

Absolutely. If I had known going in that we were going to get a Halo 3 a few years later, I wouldn’t have been half as pissed off by that ending as I was.

Man, sounds really good

> 2533274985547444;8:
> > 2533274839169051;7:
> > Using the Halo 2 campaign as a comparison is an dead give away that H5G may have the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign. Also FINISH THE FIGHT lack of closure guaranteed.
>
>
> Well, I completely disagree about Halo 2 having the weakest story and plot ever seen in a Halo campaign, but yeah, I’ve always been expecting Halo 5 to have a similar, cliffhanger style ending.

Halo 2’s story and plot are better than most games, it’s just putting Master Chief as a side story doesn’t sit well with me in numbered Halo entries. If they want a side story just go do a full ODST / Reach with it and I’ll gleefully enjoy it, but again limiting the MC in a numbered Halo is just disappointing since they seem to have a ticking clock with the countdown to retirement over his head.

Just played through the entire game last night, thanks to amazon.
I definitely feel like OP’s opinion pinned it head on for me. Wasn’t expecting anything jaw dropping going in and I came out loving my time spent! I have a couple personal minimal yeahs and nays I want to share, though I feel anything is riding the line of spoilers. : X

I finished it today too and loved it! I really liked the campaign in H4 (maybe a minority) but this follows it so well. The A.I of your teammates can cause a few ‘WTF’ moments sometimes and there were a couple of difficulty spikes, especially one point which can wait until release. But other than that I can’t really fault it. I can’t remember the last time I finished a game in one sitting so it must be pretty good lol. Every time I finished a mission I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. I really hope that everyone enjoys it, you can tell a lot of work went into this. OH and I thought the ending was fantastic, but that’s just my opinion.

Well this really does feel like a fresh troilogy type game when it comes to how its structured story wise, dont exspect everything to be wrapped up nicely, its kinda why i compare it to halo 2, in same ways and there lots of other ways to, ofc one everyone knows in that you play as 2 differnt people in campaign.

Someone asked about difficutly, id say it starts off very easy but then has afew spikes where your like woh am i on legendary suddenly wtf lol. Are there challengin parts ? oh yes there quite afew parts , one in perticular that will frustrate people know end if there playing solo lol, its really a pain lol. id imagine in coop it wouldnt be as bad, and actually would be alot more fun, for reasons i wont go into.

Oh about the level size, its way larger than previous halos, somtimes you go into a space to fight, at first look its not much larger than anything you have seen before, but once you get stuck in you find so many differnt paths, serect routes to objectives to make things easyer ect, and there is so much verticality that its actually quite daunting. And to match that there are wayyy way more enermies in an area than any previous halo for sure, Id imagine if your looking to kill every single thing before moving on it will defo take you abit longer to complete than it took me.

OP can you give a confirmation on the Blue Team has only3 missions debacle?

You win topic of the day. Im so stoked now (as if I wasnt already) Thanks for the insight!!!

> 2533274846273905;16:
> I finished it today too and loved it! I really liked the campaign in H4 (maybe a minority) but this follows it so well. The A.I of your teammates can cause a few ‘WTF’ moments sometimes and there were a couple of difficulty spikes, especially one point which can wait until release. But other than that I can’t really fault it. I can’t remember the last time I finished a game in one sitting so it must be pretty good lol. Every time I finished a mission I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. I really hope that everyone enjoys it, you can tell a lot of work went into this. OH and I thought the ending was fantastic, but that’s just my opinion.

Awesome! It seems like lot’s of people are saying that it had a terrible plot, but people said the same thing about Halo 4. Halo 4 remains my favorite story in the franchise, and Halo 5 looks as if it will surpass it in every way. Also, how did you like Locke and Osiris?