Just a thought

So this is a social thread it doesnt really pertain to the game or anything but to us as a community. And i realised while reading some responses people got from Sk3tch. Is that this game only came out in February.
We already have so much done and a lot more to work on but it’s only been 4 months almost. If anyone plays RTS games on PC anything that comes out with this tag is basically a red flag to wait. All of the greatest games are terrible at start.
Star craft 2 had huge issues if anyone remembers that far back and still does get issues hence the patch updates to this day. Hearts of Iron and Company of Heroes same exact thing.
The point is, that we have too much demamd for such a short time period its a backlash from our care of the game but I’ve seen a lot more people just outright rant about how they dont like the game due to some exploit or glitch or bug instead of actually posting helpful info to the 343, CA, thr Xbox teams and, us the fellow players
So just be a little more patient and understanding with your demands and rants and lets just enjoy what we have as it develops. And thank you to you the players and the development team keep gaming.

Cheers, this is a 10/10 thread.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> Cheers, this is a 10/10 thread.

Thanks mate. Glad someone shares the thought

Really nice thread. It is true everything you said.

Honestly, I just want my campaign data back, which they said they will likely get back and to have the new leaders on board plus new campaign mission. That is all I want in my life right now. Thanks for the hype. I hope to see something on E3, at least a trailer of the new mission campaign.

> 2553380145882876;4:
> Really nice thread. It is true everything you said.
>
> Honestly, I just want my campaign data back, which they said they will likely get back and to have the new leaders on board plus new campaign mission. That is all I want in my life right now. Thanks for the hype. I hope to see something on E3, at least a trailer of the new mission campaign.

Honestly hope you get that back mate i would be Po’ed as well if i lost it all especially if you get through the defense missions. Or the co-op data
See you at E3

Very nice post to read op.

I have been playing RTS games since the first starcraft and rise of nations. I remember the op strategies weren’t officially patched until their respective expansions released. For me, I can easily understand the frustrations of unbalance, but to expect an instant patch is just dumb.

I keep saying this, but the first halo wars didn’t get it right until 4 months after release. This game will have 13 leaders! We have to expect there to be crazy op tactics with a couple of these leaders.

> 2533274813444880;6:
> Very nice post to read op.
>
> I have been playing RTS games since the first starcraft and rise of nations. I remember the op strategies weren’t officially patched until their respective expansions released. For me, I can easily understand the frustrations of unbalance, but to expect an instant patch is just dumb.
>
> I keep saying this, but the first halo wars didn’t get it right until 4 months after release. This game will have 13 leaders! We have to expect there to be crazy op tactics with a couple of these leaders.

Honestly yeah. That’s the same any game with characters having different traits. Look at LoL, Overwatch, Starcraft, Civilization and the Ghandi terror.
Its just good to see that people are realizing these things though after what appeared to beva very bad spell of negativity

i dont hate this game, i love it

i just hate how all its problems and low population is becauae of rushers euining each match and server disconnects that are on 343s side.

i will continue to play but please please 343 release a hot fix nerfing choppers its put of control and currently gainong map control as unsc is near impossible

please look at top 3v3s its the same rush tactic each game

i would rather have the basic ibfantry beat scout units, that way you dont get rushed each match

OP, I almost completely agree with your sentiments. An RTS can’t be balanced overnight, and as more leaders and unique units are added balance will become even harder to attain and maintain.

That being said, some issues have arisen and it would seem that they have arrived due to lack of testing or simple oversight (like stacking shields and match-dodging due to ranks being displayed in pre-game lobby). Shortfalls like these cause additional grief because they should’ve been foreseeable and negated.

Otherwise, I totally agree. Balance takes time to achieve and is an ongoing chore.

This game is on a dynamic state due to the leaders addition once in a while. It’s 10x harder to balance such a game than a FPS. Eventually this will happen 2-3 updates after the last leader drop.
Have patience and faith and keep supporting the game. For those crying and whinning that get “frustrated” try to play gears of war 4 (which is a nice game) and then tell me what real frustration is.

> 2533274963572173;1:
> So this is a social thread it doesnt really pertain to the game or anything but to us as a community. And i realised while reading some responses people got from Sk3tch. Is that this game only came out in February.
> We already have so much done and a lot more to work on but it’s only been 4 months almost. If anyone plays RTS games on PC anything that comes out with this tag is basically a red flag to wait. All of the greatest games are terrible at start.
> Star craft 2 had huge issues if anyone remembers that far back and still does get issues hence the patch updates to this day. Hearts of Iron and Company of Heroes same exact thing.
> The point is, that we have too much demamd for such a short time period its a backlash from our care of the game but I’ve seen a lot more people just outright rant about how they dont like the game due to some exploit or glitch or bug instead of actually posting helpful info to the 343, CA, thr Xbox teams and, us the fellow players
> So just be a little more patient and understanding with your demands and rants and lets just enjoy what we have as it develops. And thank you to you the players and the development team keep gaming.

We’ll said. The problem is alot of gamers expect instant results were as gamers such as myself who remember using windows 98 and a dial up modem know how good we have it.

I always thought the underlying problem was that people couldn’t take losing so they would point fingers at a well devised tactic or “rush” and scream nerf. Whether it was balanced or not, people can’t take having their egos bruised.

> 2533274795008809;12:
> I always thought the underlying problem was that people couldn’t take losing so they would point fingers at a well devised tactic or “rush” and scream nerf. Whether it was balanced or not, people can’t take having their egos bruised.

Yes and no.

I do generally agree that rushing is too strong in this game. Not just because it wins easily, but because its actually is too effective in the game.

I probably rush every other game with Cutter or Forge which right now are probably the two strongest rushers in the game for UNSC. I took it upon myself to find out why that single forge player is always like top 20 on the 200 list. Turns out forge has some game after all. Raid and Rolling economy can’t be beat on the side of the UNSC for rushing. There is almost nothing you can do to stop these characters when they walk up to your base at the 5-8m mark in the game. If I’m not there before with like 10 marines and 2 snipers. For Cutter that’s 16 marines, 4 snipers, and 3 ODST.

Then you can take whatever crap they told you about “just build a couple of turrets” and completely just throw that right out of the window. He’s going to walk right through you. He’ll have RPG, Infant 1, and whatever units you decide to trickle out will be passively murdered by snipers. The whole time you think your thinning the horde there’s five more marines marching across the field.

The only time rushing struggles is in 2’s and 3’s where sometimes your teammates won’t rush with you.

> 2533274795008809;12:
> I always thought the underlying problem was that people couldn’t take losing so they would point fingers at a well devised tactic or “rush” and scream nerf. Whether it was balanced or not, people can’t take having their egos bruised.

I agree and dont because it is a problem but its not as well. I’ve played with rushers people who turtle and sometimes they just take and other times they just quit if they even see a chopper or hellbringer

> 2533274969455749;11:
> > 2533274963572173;1:
> > So this is a social thread it doesnt really pertain to the game or anything but to us as a community. And i realised while reading some responses people got from Sk3tch. Is that this game only came out in February.
> > We already have so much done and a lot more to work on but it’s only been 4 months almost. If anyone plays RTS games on PC anything that comes out with this tag is basically a red flag to wait. All of the greatest games are terrible at start.
> > Star craft 2 had huge issues if anyone remembers that far back and still does get issues hence the patch updates to this day. Hearts of Iron and Company of Heroes same exact thing.
> > The point is, that we have too much demamd for such a short time period its a backlash from our care of the game but I’ve seen a lot more people just outright rant about how they dont like the game due to some exploit or glitch or bug instead of actually posting helpful info to the 343, CA, thr Xbox teams and, us the fellow players
> > So just be a little more patient and understanding with your demands and rants and lets just enjoy what we have as it develops. And thank you to you the players and the development team keep gaming.
>
> We’ll said. The problem is alot of gamers expect instant results were as gamers such as myself who remember using windows 98 and a dial up modem know how good we have it.

Honestly or when it was connected to windows livem that was just terrible hahaha

Awesome thread, just played 2 games after a few days being offline, yo… This game :heart_eyes:

> 2533274963572173;1:
> So this is a social thread it doesnt really pertain to the game or anything but to us as a community. And i realised while reading some responses people got from Sk3tch. Is that this game only came out in February.
> We already have so much done and a lot more to work on but it’s only been 4 months almost. If anyone plays RTS games on PC anything that comes out with this tag is basically a red flag to wait. All of the greatest games are terrible at start.
> Star craft 2 had huge issues if anyone remembers that far back and still does get issues hence the patch updates to this day. Hearts of Iron and Company of Heroes same exact thing.
> The point is, that we have too much demamd for such a short time period its a backlash from our care of the game but I’ve seen a lot more people just outright rant about how they dont like the game due to some exploit or glitch or bug instead of actually posting helpful info to the 343, CA, thr Xbox teams and, us the fellow players
> So just be a little more patient and understanding with your demands and rants and lets just enjoy what we have as it develops. And thank you to you the players and the development team keep gaming.

Amen.

Well said. I feel like there have been many improvements and additions already, I just hope the support continues and they add new stuff to keep us playing for a long time. It’s a great game!