Just a thought for the sniper.

If other people want the sniper to be more challenging to use, then would it be ok if the sniper DID NOT have a reticle (the circle in center of screen for those that don’t know). Everyone would only know where to shoot accurately if scoped in. Scoped out, however, would have nothing. I don’t know if it would be a bad thing to do, but I do know it would indeed make it more challenging. I have mixed feelings about it, so don’t rage on me saying no f-ing way.

despite what 343 said
from what I’ve seen the Sniper and Sticky Detonator are harder to use than reach’s sniper and GL

Well, it would be one thing if there was no reticle, and noscopes could go anywhere, but I doubt that’s what you’re saying. If the reticle was invisible when scoped out, good snipers would still be able to line up their shots. I sort of agree with you there, but other sniper rifle fans won’t. My favorite Reach playlist is Team Snipers, and I hate getting noscope melee’d by terrible players. If a slight accuracy “learning curve” was added, it would probably be for the best. However, sometimes it’s very rewarding getting that noscope on a kid sprinting at you with an AR. I feel like the reticle is needed for that, but only if he’s far enough away. I’d like to be able to test out the sniper without a reticle. It would just make noscoping from medium range more difficult, but not incredibly so. It needs a reticle when scoped in, though. The scope is fine how it is.

I would just want that bloom to stay off the sniper. It’s too distracting for me and there’s no point to have it on the sniper if the amount of time to fire again is exactly the amount of time bloom is lowered down.

Uhhh… I think I just want it to stay as it is. I wouldn’t mind it as challenging as Halo 3’s sniper though.

Everyone says reach sniper was easy, but I always thought halo 3 sniper was easier. I guess 343 calibrating the sniper to be more challenging isn’t as easy as it seems because different players might see it easier and other people would see it harder. To actually make it more challenging would be to actually change something on the sniper, like I was saying about removing the reticle scoped out.

> If other people want the sniper to be more challenging to use, then would it be ok if the sniper DID NOT have a reticle (the circle in center of screen for those that don’t know). Everyone would only know where to shoot accurately if scoped in. Scoped out, however, would have nothing. I don’t know if it would be a bad thing to do, but I do know it would indeed make it more challenging. I have mixed feelings about it, so don’t rage on me saying no f-ing way.

I actually like this idea. In counter strike 1.6 it was the same idea. I used the scout sniper rifle a lot and learned how to no scope extremely well which took skill. Though I’ve been accused of putting a piece of tape on my screen, so apparently people do that often enough that maybe this idea wouldn’t help much.