Just a suggestion for filled matches

What if you made it an option to be a fill in matches or not so people can choose? People who want games fast will keep it on I imagine, and people like me who only get into losing matches or matches with killfarmers on the other team will likely keep it off. You could even include an achievement for winning a match as a fill, and another for completing a couple dozen filled matches, maybe even make an armor coating for the latter in addition to that to encourage it. All the while the fact that you can turn it off means that you can choose to wait to play a match from beginning to end for more quality time.

I’m not sure about this idea. I imagine lot of people would immediately turn a JIP toggle off, which wouldn’t be fair to players stuck in matches where half their team has quit. There’s a difference between respectful player choice and just being selfish, imo.

I’m not bothered by JIP. I don’t play every match to win, I just play. If some people are really all about winning, I can see this feature making them very happy.

Any sort of Big Team or large scale mode needs a join in progress option especially since the game is free to play. It’s not fun wasting time in 1v8 game modes. And MCC was actually the worst about this because if it’s a 1v8, you can’t leave without getting penalized even though the game isn’t fun at that point. At that point that one person is just griefing 8 people. That should never be allowed to happen. You should be able to quit without getting penalized with absurdly lopsided teams no matter what side you’re on.

Thankfully Halo Infinite has Bots to fill in for quitters

> 2535411993815954;2:
> I’m not sure about this idea. I imagine lot of people would immediately turn a JIP toggle off, which wouldn’t be fair to players stuck in matches where half their team has quit. There’s a difference between respectful player choice and just being selfish, imo.

I can see that, eventually some would turn it on for faster matchmaking I think. Some play to play, some play for the whole experience.

> 2533274882898126;5:
> Thankfully Halo Infinite has Bots to fill in for quitters

I would hope if join in progress was possible that it could replace the bots too. no matter how good the bot, it will ALWAYS eventually become predictable

> 2533274957051696;7:
> > 2533274882898126;5:
> > Thankfully Halo Infinite has Bots to fill in for quitters
>
> I would hope if join in progress was possible that it could replace the bots too

Just replace bots with sniper jackals lmaooo
But, if JIP was possible there would be no need for bots. So I think you’re outta luck :frowning:

> 2533274957051696;1:
> What if you made it an option to be a fill in matches or not so people can choose? People who want games fast will keep it on I imagine, and people like me who only get into losing matches or matches with killfarmers on the other team will likely keep it off. You could even include an achievement for winning a match as a fill, and another for completing a couple dozen filled matches, maybe even make an armor coating for the latter in addition to that to encourage it. All the while the fact that you can turn it off means that you can choose to wait to play a match from beginning to end for more quality time.

I feel like my director had a really good reason for this to be not a thing but for the life of me I can’t think what that might of been. Seems like a great call.
I’m hoping they actually give me decent xp for offline play because I often cannot get decent matches and would probably happily grind matches offline legendary if that was a choice. Less about me and more Bout not letting down my teammates due to my lag and general lack of skill haha.

> 2535411993815954;2:
> I’m not sure about this idea. I imagine lot of people would immediately turn a JIP toggle off, which wouldn’t be fair to players stuck in matches where half their team has quit. There’s a difference between respectful player choice and just being selfish, imo.

Is it not selfish to expect players to join a landslide losing match halfway through while the other team potentially has map and power weapon control and expect them to somehow create coherent teamwork and game changing plays with limited kills left? Games are so quick usually as well, might as well let the game end naturally and just start searching again. Especially objective gametypes the team with more numbers can win in no time at all.

Personally for Halo, I think the most impactful moments are the opening rush. I would even argue the opening rush is my favourite part of the game as it’s the most important and sets the pace for the rest of the game. You can definitely win the game in the opening rush too.

> 2533274801036271;10:
> > 2535411993815954;2:
> > I’m not sure about this idea. I imagine lot of people would immediately turn a JIP toggle off, which wouldn’t be fair to players stuck in matches where half their team has quit. There’s a difference between respectful player choice and just being selfish, imo.
>
> Is it not selfish to expect players to join a landslide losing match halfway through while the other team potentially has map and power weapon control and expect them to somehow create coherent teamwork and game changing plays with limited kills left? Games are so quick usually as well, might as well let the game end naturally and just start searching again. Especially objective gametypes the team with more numbers can win in no time at all.
>
> Personally for Halo, I think the most impactful moments are the opening rush. I would even argue the opening rush is my favourite part of the game as it’s the most important and sets the pace for the rest of the game. You can definitely win the game in the opening rush too.

THIS ^ I could not have worded this better. Early game choices have impacted the entire rest of the game ever since Halo 2

> 2533274801036271;10:
> Is it not selfish to expect players to join a landslide losing match halfway through while the other team potentially has map and power weapon control and expect them to somehow create coherent teamwork and game changing plays with limited kills left? Games are so quick usually as well, might as well let the game end naturally and just start searching again. Especially objective gametypes the team with more numbers can win in no time at all.

Halo 5’s JIP system isn’t the best, which I think has put this idea in people’s heads that the mechanic is inherently a bad thing. No one should be expected to join a match where the enemy is at 93 kills and has the other team spawntrapped. That’s not even remotely what I was suggesting. It is selfish, however, to join a match that’s either just started or is around the 25-33% completion point and just quit because it isn’t a perfect start for you.

> 2535411993815954;12:
> > 2533274801036271;10:
> > Is it not selfish to expect players to join a landslide losing match halfway through while the other team potentially has map and power weapon control and expect them to somehow create coherent teamwork and game changing plays with limited kills left? Games are so quick usually as well, might as well let the game end naturally and just start searching again. Especially objective gametypes the team with more numbers can win in no time at all.
>
> Halo 5’s JIP system isn’t the best, which I think has put this idea in people’s heads that the mechanic is inherently a bad thing. No one should be expected to join a match where the enemy is at 93 kills and has the other team spawntrapped. That’s not even remotely what I was suggesting. It is selfish, however, to join a match that’s either just started or is around the 25-33% completion point and just quit because it isn’t a perfect start for you.

not gonna lie, a long time ago I did that once or twice. It would put me in a match either against a hacker squad or a killfarming squad who already triple capped and isnt going to end the game by coring. I would just leave because I know for a fact it would be a massive waste of time, and that evidence isn’t considered evidence by anyone with any authority, so I know they wont be banned or go away. I would just quit it and stop playing for the day.