Just a Small, Otherwise Unimportant Request

For the love of all that is holy… Remove the First Strike medal from the Top Medals listing…

All it is, is top medals spam. There is no way that someone’s first kill is more impressive than my perfection, inconceivable, overkill, or whatever.

I know it’s not very important in the grand scheme of things, but it’s just a peeve of mine and from what I’ve seen a great deal of the Halo community.

As for the implement of MVP, optional. I could care less, though if it is brought back it should be based solely on your rating and overall performance opposed to most kills.

This is all. Discuss if you wish, I have pc clean up duty.

EDIT: Second option was cut short due to poll size restrictions for answers, I’m pretty sure you know it should be ‘don’t add mvp.’

EDIT: Please post your reasoning behind your selected option.

Got to say I agree with you on this one, granted it isn’t of the greatest concerns right now, it would be nice to have Medals with more flair and finesse being showcased rather than an inevitable event being shown off as if something spectacular was achieved…(slight exaggeration here)…

And it would also be nice to see the MVP thing return, was always a great Bragging Right to be on the Top Medal Board and be the MVP…

As I said, I’m neutral on the idea of MVP. In a sense it could promote try-hards, but also giving joyful bragging rights for use who just play the game to play the game.

I’ve always hated First Strike. Whoopity Damn Doo, you received the first kill in a game dedicated to killing one another!

It’s just clutter, all of my friends and I have felt the disappointment of our epic medals being replaced by something that really isn’t all that impressive or important.

I just hope 343 can see this post and consider the idea that First Strike is a bad idea.

And on the subject of post game lobbies…

Why in the hell can’t I look at my team and enemy’s file shares in matchmaking lobbies? Doesn’t that kinda kill the point? Also, I’d like individual recommendations so that I can send my friends certain things via message like with Halo 3.

I may make a post about this later.

Is it sad that I picture myself sounding like Mordin Solus when I make these posts?

Oh man, now you’v said that about Fileshares, it reminds me of the Halo 3 days, where the Pre-game lobby would usually consist of browsing through peoples screenshots…

…that kind of thing, needs to return, it’s just another cool little addition the game can only benefit from…then again, it does rely on the Players actually using the damn thing…(!)

The First Strike Medal was kind of endearing for Reach, like a big badge of how little thought went into the rest of the game. It’s campy.

MVP for Slayer needs to be based on some combination of ka/d and ka-d for it not be a meaningless metric.

> The First Strike Medal was kind of endearing for Reach, like a big badge of how little thought went into the rest of the game. It’s campy.
>
> MVP for Slayer needs to be based on some ka/d and ka-d.

I would suggest simply using the Arena rating formula for who is MVP, maybe tweak it a bit. Overall if MVP Were to return it should based upon your performance overall and not just your Kill as it did with H 3.

> Oh man, now you’v said that about Fileshares, it reminds me of the Halo 3 days, where the Pre-game lobby would usually consist of browsing through peoples screenshots…
>
> …that kind of thing, needs to return, it’s just another cool little addition the game can only benefit from…then again, it does rely on the Players actually using the damn thing…(!)

In Halo 3 that’s how my friends and I found epic maps for customs, along with various gametypes and other things. The recommendation system is a good idea in theory, but it was far easier to spread something around using the Halo 3 system. IT allowed people to actually use their fileshares. -__-

What’s the point of sharing my files if no one can view them?