Just a Rant!..

First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.

Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.

the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.

Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.

me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.

there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.

another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.

what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.

i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.

i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.

Good post.

> Good post.

Thank you buddy!.

Didnt read it, I just wanted to say how the hell you got the stand off stance already?

People don’t want to give 343 anymore time. They had how many years to figure out what worked with Reach and what didn’t.

The people who hated Reach (myself included) can already tell that this game is broken and no one wants to waste anymore time with another horrible Halo game.

Too many of the core Halo elements have been changed. 343 has now catered to this new generation of gamers where their attention span is non-existent.

The game has so many problems no amount of updates will fix it (some problems are built into the game so they can’t be fixed). Sure every Halo game has had updates, but the core elements were still there; they just needed to be tweaked. This isn’t the case with Halo 4.

> First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.
>
> Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.
>
> the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink!-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.
>
> Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.
>
>
> me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.
>
>
> there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.
>
>
> another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.
>
>
> what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.
>
>
> i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.
>
>
> i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.

Excellent post, I entirely agree with you. As a matter of a fact I will go even further in saying that the game is pretty solid even as is.

Don’t even take population doomsaying seriously… reason being… Back in the days of H2 and H3, there was very little competition in the online shooter market. Now we have a wide variety of juggernaut series being published at an astonishing rate. It’s basic economics in that when affordable subsititutes are produced. Demand for other products diminishes.

Bascially what I am saying is the wide variety of population spread across all shooters is what has caused the dip, not a change in quantity in Halo games. If you check relative percentages from beyond the inclusion of various AAA titles besides Halo into the modern market the ratios are very much similar.

In short population doomsaying is statistically untrue. Halo 4 still holds the second highest population of any XBL game as per Major Nelson’s charts, the only reliable source on XBL population.

Comparing numbers to past halo games where there was less competition in the market is an incredibly unbased way to measure Halo’s relative popularity.

You can’t expect Halo to be more popular than COD, since COD4 this has never been true. #2 is extremely solid for a halo title. Halo 4 isn’t going anywhere and neither are future enstallments for that matter.

TL:DR/ Population doom saying is statistically untrue, read above for explanation.

I mainly skimmed through your post.

My deal with the game. I find it frustrating, and quite boring at times. I think I may be a bit tired of the shooter genre. But then, I go and play BF3 and have an absolute blast. So me being tired of the genre can’t be it.

H4 is definitely not a bad game. I just no longer find it fun. I have no will to play whatsoever, as I know once I join a game I will most likely be annihilated. And this isn’t due to my skill, as I’m a fairly decent player, it may be due to the facts that I play alone quite bit, seeing as I don’t have many friends that enjoy the game. I personally think it’s due more to some of the mechanics, but this is just my opinion.

I won’t go into detail as to what these mechanics would be, as I don’t feel up to it at the moment.

This game is good, it wants to be great, and it definitely can be. 343i just needs to put the effort into doing so.
Lets hope they get it done.

> > First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.
> >
> > Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.
> >
> > the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink!-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.
> >
> > Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.
> >
> >
> > me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.
> >
> >
> > there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.
> >
> >
> > another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.
> >
> >
> > what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.
> >
> >
> > i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.
> >
> >
> > i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.
>
> Excellent post, I entirely agree with you. As a matter of a fact I will go even further in saying that the game is pretty solid even as is.
>
> Don’t even take population doomsaying seriously… reason being… Back in the days of H2 and H3, there was very little competition in the online shooter market. Now we have a wide variety of juggernaut series being published at an astonishing rate. It’s basic economics in that when affordable subsititutes are produced. Demand for other products diminishes.
>
> Bascially what I am saying is the wide variety of population spread across all shooters is what has caused the dip, not a change in quantity in Halo games. If you check relative percentages from beyond the inclusion of various AAA titles besides Halo into the modern market the ratios are very much similar.
>
> In short population doomsaying is statistically untrue. Halo 4 still holds the second highest population of any XBL game as per Major Nelson’s charts, the only reliable source on XBL population.
>
> Comparing numbers to past halo games where there was less competition in the market is an incredibly unbased way to measure Halo’s relative popularity.
>
> You can’t expect Halo to be more popular than COD, since COD4 this has never been true. #2 is extremely solid for a halo title. Halo 4 isn’t going anywhere and neither are future enstallments for that matter.
>
> TL:DR/ Population doom saying is statistically untrue, read above for explanation.

took the words right out of my mouth buddy i 100% agree with you good post buddy glad someone else shares my views on this topic.

> I mainly skimmed through your post.
>
> My deal with the game. I find it frustrating, and quite boring at times. I think I may be a bit tired of the shooter genre. But then, I go and play BF3 and have an absolute blast. So me being tired of the genre can’t be it.
>
> H4 is definitely not a bad game. I just no longer find it fun. I have no will to play whatsoever, as I know once I join a game I will most likely be annihilated. And this isn’t due to my skill, as I’m a fairly decent player, it may be due to the facts that I play alone quite bit, seeing as I don’t have many friends that enjoy the game. I personally think it’s due more to some of the mechanics, but this is just my opinion.
>
> I won’t go into detail as to what these mechanics would be, as I don’t feel up to it at the moment.
>
> This game is good, it wants to be great, and it definitely can be. 343i just needs to put the effort into doing so.
> Lets hope they get it done.

thank you for your reply and i do understand what you were saying 100% buddy i do agree with you in points buddy & please dont be put off halo we need good honest players like you add me if you would like to be a part of a group of fun out going players id be more than happy to play with you bud.

> First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.
>
> Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.
>
> the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink!-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.
>
> Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.
>
>
> me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.
>
>
> there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.
>
>
> another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.
>
>
> what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.
>
>
> i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.
>
>
> i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.

Nice!!!

So you support 343i’s nonsense , broken, Halo wannabe?

Who in their right mind would embrace this game? Brink - medal of Honor - COD - This game has been out for ages, why did people like you wait for this?

Don’t give me 'it’s beacause I love halo" if you did you wouldn’t be posting such nonsense.

An unbelievable post about a completely broken mess.

> > First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.
> >
> > Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.
> >
> > the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink!-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.
> >
> > Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.
> >
> >
> > me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.
> >
> >
> > there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.
> >
> >
> > another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.
> >
> >
> > what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.
> >
> >
> > i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.
> >
> >
> > i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.
>
> Nice!!!
>
> So you support 343i’s nonsense , broken, Halo wannabe?
>
> Who in their right mind would embrace this game? Brink - medal of Honor - COD - This game has been out for ages, why did people like you wait for this?
>
> Don’t give me 'it’s beacause I love halo" if you did you wouldn’t be posting such nonsense.
>
> An unbelievable post about a completely broken mess.

Broken & halo wanabe… both faulse statements its not broken just mayb not to the best it can be at the moment. i have call of duty but im a halo player i have been since halo 1 , and yes its because ’ i love halo ‘’ and your open to your view on this im glad you posted to get some feedback thats not good. because its players like you that want changes and what i was saying is give it time it will get better buddy.

> > > First of all i just want to start by saying yes as much as this may be a rant i need to get this of my chest. these are things ive either seen on these fourms , herd in game , or word of mouth.
> > >
> > > Okay ive seen topics upon topics posted on lots of diffrent problems people are having with halo 4 yes granted some are small things a simple update or be fitted into one big up date could fix easy.
> > >
> > > the amount of people playing halo 4 has shocked me it is a lower number than i expected but with the fan base falling abit due to the game not being what they wanted it to be other games such as cod are getting a bigger player count!. can i just say halo 4 is not long out problems can be fixed and sorted. to some people it may seem that 343i is doing nothing sitting on there -Yoink!-. but do you fully understand what it takes to keep a game running smooth and good i dout it. and that ties back into people leaving halo and falling into other games.
> > >
> > > Every halo has had its own Small or be it large problems but time sort issues and people get happyer with the game. give 343i a chance to show us what they can do and how they can improve on whats a good game already!.
> > >
> > >
> > > me myself i am a die hard halo fan and i have been since halo 1 right up to halo 4 i own every LE copy of the games and i just think halo made xbox live what it is today and gave other games a base to start from and help other games improve im not against Call of duty or Fifa ETC! i own both call of dutys and fifa’s and play them the odd time. but halo has stood out to me always as one of the best online multiplayer games out.
> > >
> > >
> > > there is issues like the ranking system and its been talked about alot and im not going to get into that because i dont want this thread to be flamed any more than its going to be. all i will say is i miss it and would of liked it.
> > >
> > >
> > > another thing which i highly agree with and back people up on this is gametypes for online i really want more and id like team Snipers back and Team slayer pro even tho team slayer pro had a low player count it was a good gametype for people eho mayb wanted to take the game a little bit more serious.
> > >
> > >
> > > what im trying to say is give 343 time give them a chance dont go all gun s shotting and getting mad give them time to sort there bugs out and what ever else you guys want they may or may not get what u want but the game will get better over time.
> > >
> > >
> > > i think you made a great game 343 and yes there may be let downs as every game will have i love it 10 out of 10 from me and i will have lots of fun times playing with my friends thank you!!.
> > >
> > >
> > > i really dont want this thread to be a place for flaming but if u need to flame by all means do but its just something i wanted to say quickly!.
> >
> > Nice!!!
> >
> > So you support 343i’s nonsense , broken, Halo wannabe?
> >
> > Who in their right mind would embrace this game? Brink - medal of Honor - COD - This game has been out for ages, why did people like you wait for this?
> >
> > Don’t give me 'it’s beacause I love halo" if you did you wouldn’t be posting such nonsense.
> >
> > An unbelievable post about a completely broken mess.
>
> Broken & halo wanabe… both faulse statements its not broken just mayb not to the best it can be at the moment. i have call of duty but im a halo player i have been since halo 1 , and yes its because ’ i love halo ‘’ and your open to your view on this im glad you posted to get some feedback thats not good. because its players like you that want changes and what i was saying is give it time it will get better buddy.

i apologize to you sir - i went in too hard - it’s not your fault I’m so let down by halo 4 - sorry

i despise the DMR , same with the AR and boltshot because they give cheap kills. promethean vision and active camo have no place in this game.

When i first got the game i loaded out exclusively with the DMR, I didn’t know how unbalanced that gun was until i tried others… I was embarrased that I choose the DMR first, it’s a game breaker and gives a completley unfair advantage

that coupled with the poor map design and unbearable lag and JIP - this feels like a cod , moh type game to me.

I really hope come January things look good for Halo 4, if they do i will be happy again… BUT i really don’t think 343 have what it takes.

Looking forward to seeing what DESTINY has to offer.

> Didnt read it, I just wanted to say how the hell you got the stand off stance already?

Lol best post ever.

thank you guys for the feedback :smiley:

I found this post very encouraging. Thank you Zeroh EHL.

=d

> I found this post very encouraging. Thank you Zeroh EHL.
>
> =d

thanks for reading buddy :slight_smile: