Just a random idea for a gametype

I sorta came up with this idea when i was daydreaming. It starts out with I dunno 10 people? and about 3 or 4 of them are the chasers (could be whatever race), and the rest would just be pretty much running away and hiding. This would take place in a pretty dense jungle map or something. The chasers wouldn’t spawn until like 20 or 30 secs and they would be deployed from a dropship or in a ODST-style way. Chasers are pretty much invincible expect if they fall into deep water or off a cliff. Players have to survive for about 2 mins. Players get I dunno: equipment like the gear in Halo 3: tripmines, deploy. cover to block ways, and flares for traps. This could be called Manhunt or something.

Just wanted to see your opinions and I’ve just been dying to say this idea.

I’d play it (and probably enjoy it a hell of a lot). Be prepared for other responses, though; people can be very defensive of their Halo game types.

I like it. It sounds fun.
(__/)
(=’.’=)
(")_(")

Lol thx.

I’m lovin it like Mcdonalds.

I particularly like the idea of attempting to fend off enemy pursuers with equipment alone, and no weapons. It would require a level of inventiveness and cleverness above and beyond what is typically required in a straightforward Slayer game. My only concern is that, like many of the objective-based game types, the playlist wouldn’t be very populated; people will invariably continue to choose mindless slaughter over more strategic engagements (despite strategic engagements also affording one the opportunity to engage in mindless slaughter).

No chases, one man starts as the man hunt guy…

This would be a zombie’s gametype, except it is hide and seek, so the zombies are invincible.

Halo 2 Style:

Fast, invincible Zombies with energy swords. No radar
Invisible humans. Any weapon, it doesn’t matter.

Humans must be found in 5 minutes.

1 zombie at the start, and basically regular infection rules.

Hmm I can see what you are saying. Maybe it could be put in team slayer playlist and pop-up randomly since you know technically 1 side is killing the other lol. Or (this is so prob. going to repeat prob.) Free-for-all? LOL.

And just to refine idea: If you are the part of the group running away from pursuers, it could be you try to help each other survive to encourage team-work or… for those who like to go solo, hamper attempts of others from getting away from pursuers.

Oh and thx for the comment. Like seeing other people’s thoughts.

1 more thing how bout add your own stuff to refine this?

THX!!

PS: comment aimed at Syll. incase people think this comment was random lol.

If this is just a random idea you need to work for 343 cause this sounds fun!

This can be done in Halo Style. I like it.

Hmmm… rubs chin

343 could make something of this.

I’d play it.

Yes.

Thx all.

Just to let you know, Something like that already exists. In fact I was the one who made it. If you want to get the gametype go to my halo reach fileshare. There you should find at least the gametype and it is meant to be played on forge world.

MANHUNT FOR DA WIN!

:slight_smile:

Just to let you know, Something like that already exists. In fact I was the one who made it. If you want to get the gametype go to my halo reach fileshare. There you should find at least the gametype and it is meant to be played on forge world.

MANHUNT FOR DA WIN!

:slight_smile:

Now,produce it with Reach’s forge and custom options,and see if this became popular.

Me and my friends play hide and seek sometimes on maps like Boneyard or Breakpoint. But this would be awesome.

Like a Hide and seek type game… I LIKE IT

> I like it. It sounds fun.
> (__/)
> (=’.’=)
> (")_(")

wow just wow

OT sounds neat to me