Just a few Thoughts

So first off I just want to say that the core gameplay of this game is great. I’m not typically the one to give feedback on a game, but I’ve been a big Halo fan since I was a kid and I want to see this game thrive. Anyways, let’s get on to it:

• On PC, this game has “minimum” and “maximum” FPS options but why do we need a minimum? Maybe I’ve been out of the PC gaming scene for awhile, but I don’t understand the minimum option. I have a 144hz monitor and had minimum set to around 40ish fps (forgot exact number) and maximum to 144hz and my frames were really inconsistent during gameplay. Changing both minimum and maximum to 144hz really smoothed out the game for me. Maybe we can also add a framerate limit in menus (unless that’s already there but I don’t remember seeing it) - Sometimes when finishing a match my game hard crashes and I get sent back to my desktop. I understand this is probably a well reported issue, but I just wanted to bring this up. - The drop shield takes a decently long time to activate once deployed and is pretty weak. I’ve used it quite a few times but never really had a big benefit to picking it up. - In the final release build, I would like to see matchmaking autostart right after a match, much like MCC. Just helps finding matches that much easier. - I had a difficult time figuring out if the grapplehook would connect with what I was aiming at. Maybe I missed this, but if there’s some sort of small reticle that can let you know that you are too far away from the wall/floor that would make using the grappling hook a little easier to learn. - Noticed some “rubberbanding” when playing a few times. I have a hardwired ethernet connection and haven’t experienced this with other FPS games, so could be a netcode problem.Aaaaand that’s all I got for now. Everything else about the game has been a blast and I can’t wait for the final release! Good job 343!! :slight_smile:

Yeah alot of people saying the drop shield is a problem it definately needs to deploy faster especially considering you can shoot it out pretty easily. There is a reticle for the grapple hook its in the center of your crosshair its yellow but it could be bigger IMO. Yeah ive experienced rubber banding a few times as well and climbing up walls resets you back to where you started causing me to fall of the map on live fire a few times…

> 2535469209672986;2:
> Yeah alot of people saying the drop shield is a problem it definately needs to deploy faster especially considering you can shoot it out pretty easily. There is a reticle for the grapple hook its in the center of your crosshair its yellow but it could be bigger IMO. Yeah ive experienced rubber banding a few times as well and climbing up walls resets you back to where you started causing me to fall of the map on live fire a few times…

I think the drop wall deploys at a fair speed. I think it’s designed to be a defensive tactical not offensive. Locking down and controlling areas. Just because a section breaks on the wall doesn’t make it useless in fact you have a fairly large area of cover that you can move around to avoid incoming fire. All while you’re firing back with really no worries of counter fire.