Just a few CSR Questions

1. If CSR Isn’t visible in game,then how are players matched up?
  2. When CSR is Implemented, will it fallow specific playlists, or will it be like BPR? (And I mean Will it be like a CSR for snipers, slayer, and CTF?)

If anyone can tell me this, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. The same way they are now.
  2. Hopefully.

We don’t know yet how it will work.

Theoretically, if the rank is invisible, the system still gives you a rank and will match you on that rank. This will make it so you play people at your level. You just won’t ever know what rank you are. That is if it were completely invisible.

> 1. If CSR Isn’t visible in game,then how are players matched up?
> 2. When CSR is Implemented, will it fallow specific playlists, or will it be like BPR? (And I mean Will it be like a CSR for snipers, slayer, and CTF?)
>
> If anyone can tell me this, I would greatly appreciate it.

From what 343 has said in their bulletin, there is little we know.

Here is what we do know (subject to change):

1. It will be a semi-invisible. It wont be visible in-game but will be available in Waypoint (maybe both)
  2. 343 was silent about if you would get a rank for each playlist.

I wont speculate, but that is what we know so far.

Cheers,
Tripod

1. Visuals don’t pair players up. Halo 4 uses Trueskill just like every other game on Xbox.
  2. I think you’re going to get a ranking for each playlist and not one over all rank.
  1. TrueSkill has been operating since launch day using the same player data that will go into CSR, albeit invisible at the moment.

2. The announcement states that CSR will function much like the H3 1-50 system and will assign you a rank for each individual ranked playlist. It also states that they will determine which playlists will track CSR and which will not, hinting that we may be getting something akin to the ranked and social playlists a la past games.

Read the announcement on here yourself for more information.

> 1. If CSR Isn’t visible in game,then how are players matched up?
> 2. When CSR is Implemented, will it fallow specific playlists, or will it be like BPR? (And I mean Will it be like a CSR for snipers, slayer, and CTF?)
>
> If anyone can tell me this, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. The CSR is a ranking system that uses compiled statistics from your past games to determine your skill rank, and uses that skill rank to match you with other players in game. Its similar to the current true-skill ranking system.

2. It will be like the BPR from reach. It will take your overall stats and give you a number, on a scale of 50 (“subject to change”), which may be separated by playlist.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx