Juneteenth - there's a mis-step here. (It's not celebrating Juneteenth, that's good!)

okay so on one hand cool but on the other hand uh

c-can we talk about the color option for it?

Specifically the NAME?

“Bonobo”

You guys really didn’t think that one through did you? I’m willing to believe this wasn’t intentionally harmful but… yeesh, almost any name would have been better, 343i.

18 Likes

Yeah, making a nameplate to commemorate the end of slavery in the US and then naming it after a monkey…
Do they realy not realise how that can be seen as racist? OMG!

18 Likes

I have a feeling a disgruntled employee slipped it in.

7 Likes

Blissful ignorance.

Come on @343. Really?

Edit: They already fixed it. Somebody is def getting fired.

6 Likes

I can only hope that they were unaware that “bonobo” was a type of primate, otherwise… yikes :grimacing:

5 Likes

For those of you who don’t know, Bonobo is the name of a species of Chimpanzee.

3 Likes

Ultra-mega-jumbo OOF!

“Freedom” is a FAR better name.

Glad they fixed it.

7 Likes

I dont think theres a fix for celebrating Black people with the name of a monkey

4 Likes

Good.
The only downside is that now they are even further understaffed.
But still the good is good.

3 Likes

Moochers of Reach
Bonobo

Somebody at 343 is having a laugh at other’s expenses. It’s shocking the lack of quality control before releasing updates. They really just have nobody in the whole company checking updates for any possible issues huh. What’s next?

10 Likes

You don’t need staff like that.

3 Likes

Exactly why I called it a good decision.
And said that the ONLY downside to such an action was that the understaffed company is now slightly more understaffed.

1 Like

I’m saying that I don’t consider it being any more understaffed because that person seems to have been just taking up a desk.

1 Like

True.
But a desk taken up is still someone doing some effort somewhere.
It doesn’t change the fact that 179-1=178

2 Likes

Would really like to hear a statement from a community manager about that. But i guess they will be silent about that one.

7 Likes

Without a shadow of a doubt someone put this in on purpose.

You cannot change my mind on this. The one nameplate specifically for Juneteenth, a holiday celebrating the end to slavery and they just happen to name the colour palette after a type of monkey is way to on the nose for it to be an accident.

I hope whoever chose the name Bonobo gets fired because that is plain racist.

14 Likes

This isn’t something they can ignore as if it never existed.

The studio head needs to own it, apologize, explain how it happened and what she is doing keep it from occurring again in the future.

4 Likes

If it is the same person, they are most definitely going to be on the search for a new job. Especially since they keep making 343 look worse.

Well Unyshek said it was an accident guys! Everything is ok! No big deal right? This wasn’t intended and they HONESTLY DIDN’T KNOW!!! :facepunch:

What. An. Embarrassment.

I think its time for them to swallow their pride and tell us what is actually going on at 343 because I imagine it’s far worse than anyone even fathoms.

5 Likes