June balance update is unacceptable

  • Johnson is hot trash - Vortex is obviously OP - ChopperWars 2 - …and much more.Given the state of the game, a balance update in late June is not acceptable.

> 2533274812029040;1:
> - Johnson is hot trash - Vortex is obviously OP - ChopperWars 2 - …and much more.Given the state of the game, a balance update in June is not acceptable.

Umm okay why are you telling us we don’t work for 343?

> 2533274969455749;2:
> > 2533274812029040;1:
> > - Johnson is hot trash - Vortex is obviously OP - ChopperWars 2 - …and much more.Given the state of the game, a balance update in June is not acceptable.
>
> Umm okay why are you telling us we don’t work for 343?

Scroll down to bottom of this page. See the 343 logo…

> 2533274812029040;3:
> > 2533274969455749;2:
> > > 2533274812029040;1:
> > > - Johnson is hot trash - Vortex is obviously OP - ChopperWars 2 - …and much more.Given the state of the game, a balance update in June is not acceptable.
> >
> > Umm okay why are you telling us we don’t work for 343?
>
> Scroll down to bottom of this page. See the 343 logo…

Yeah I see it. What am I supposed to do with it?

Though there are some large issues (double shield generator, UNSC in general) I don’t think the state of the game is THAT bad.

Do I wish the balance patch came sooner than later? Yes, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if it doesn’t.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Though there are some large issues (double shield generator, UNSC in general) I don’t think the state of the game is THAT bad.
>
> Do I wish the balance patch came sooner than later? Yes, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if it doesn’t.

Its horrible at high level play, especially UNSC.

> 2533274812029040;1:
> - Johnson is hot trash - Vortex is obviously OP - ChopperWars 2 - …and much more.Given the state of the game, a balance update in June is not acceptable.

why wouldn’t you want a balance update this month?

> 2533274812029040;6:
> > 2533274927740213;5:
> > Though there are some large issues (double shield generator, UNSC in general) I don’t think the state of the game is THAT bad.
> >
> > Do I wish the balance patch came sooner than later? Yes, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if it doesn’t.
>
> Its horrible at high level play, especially UNSC.

Trust me, I know. Can’t remember the last time I lost to an UNSC player that wasn’t Cutter…

That said, the development team and testing team probably have loads on their hands right now. So although I personally would wish that the patch would come sooner, I understand why it isn’t.

double shield generator for covenant? your talking about building double shield generators in place of turrets? that’s not really a unfair/advantage kind of thing takeing as that’s a little strategic ina way… it helped in VERY certain situations in halo wars 1… yeah its annoying but honestly slows someone down unless theirs a specific reason as to why its being used.

> 2533274803847427;9:
> double shield generator for covenant? your talking about building double shield generators in place of turrets? that’s not really a unfair/advantage kind of thing takeing as that’s a little strategic ina way… it helped in VERY certain situations in halo wars 1… yeah its annoying but honestly slows someone down unless theirs a specific reason as to why its being used.

you do that, and it also shields your units, making them almost unkillable. it gives them literally two overshields.

in HW1 it only shielded the base.

> 2535436907889827;10:
> > 2533274803847427;9:
> > double shield generator for covenant? your talking about building double shield generators in place of turrets? that’s not really a unfair/advantage kind of thing takeing as that’s a little strategic ina way… it helped in VERY certain situations in halo wars 1… yeah its annoying but honestly slows someone down unless theirs a specific reason as to why its being used.
>
> you do that, and it also shields your units, making them almost unkillable. it gives them literally two overshields.
>
> in HW1 it only shielded the base.

This, and also it’s cheaper for players using Atriox to the point you can have a 4 gen base in under 2 minutes without sacrificing too much income.

The massive wait between updates is not helping the game at all.

Games like this need constant tweaks.

um just make isabel tanks. dont play ranked anymore its turned onto a if you dont play these 3 leaders you wont win

play team war, play for longer matches, if you get rushed just quit and retry until you get paired vs non meta tryhards abusing choppers

What June update? I see no patch notes anywhere

> 2661949065475413;14:
> What June update? I see no patch notes anywhere

He’s talking about the update coming in June and how he wishes it would come faster

The cold truth is that we’ll all have to wait until late June for the patch. I hate the vortex power too, but it has taught me to spread my infantry out. I also have started making at least two turrets on my main now whenever I have a spare 300 for both banished and unsc.

Ha, I may have used some of these op tactics and I can say it is horrible fun and feels underserved. Enjoy it or hate it while it lasts.

I completely understand how frustrating this is but don’t play anything you are willing to get upset about if you lose since there are metas. Everything can be beaten early game if you play it out right remember that! Stop crying cause it will get fixed but as of now enjoy it or learn to beat it!!! That’s all you can do.

> 2533274904506600;13:
> um just make isabel tanks. dont play ranked anymore its turned onto a if you dont play these 3 leaders you wont win
>
> play team war, play for longer matches, if you get rushed just quit and retry until you get paired vs non meta tryhards abusing choppers

This doesn’t sound fun at all.

> 2533274927740213;8:
> > 2533274812029040;6:
> > > 2533274927740213;5:
> > > Though there are some large issues (double shield generator, UNSC in general) I don’t think the state of the game is THAT bad.
> > >
> > > Do I wish the balance patch came sooner than later? Yes, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if it doesn’t.
> >
> > Its horrible at high level play, especially UNSC.
>
> Trust me, I know. Can’t remember the last time I lost to an UNSC player that wasn’t Cutter…
>
> That said, the development team and testing team probably have loads on their hands right now. So although I personally would wish that the patch would come sooner, I understand why it isn’t.

Ah, I remember my first time defending a gaming studio thinking they were just busy and were working tirelessly to fix the game I loved to play. But, I soon realized that like everything else, this is about money and the writing is on the wall that they didn’t do as well as they thought with this game and they are jumping ship and putting their resources into their next game that will hopefully do better and help them make more money.

I wish I was wrong, but I’ve seen it happen over and over. First thing that always happens is the communication from the studio starts to become less frequent, then the balance updates stop coming as frequent as they were, and the become much smaller. My guess is 343 will be completely done with this game in July. I doubt they even put out a balance patch in late June, they haven’t been on schedule with anything yet, don’t expect them to be on their way out. We’ll see the 2 leaders released this month, then they’ll put out a balance patch probably 2nd week of July, then they’ll release one last leader, and we’ll never hear from them again about Halo Wars 2.

> 2533274976330669;19:
> > 2533274927740213;8:
> > > 2533274812029040;6:
> > > > 2533274927740213;5:
> > > > Though there are some large issues (double shield generator, UNSC in general) I don’t think the state of the game is THAT bad.
> > > >
> > > > Do I wish the balance patch came sooner than later? Yes, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if it doesn’t.
>
> Ah, I remember my first time defending a gaming studio thinking they were just busy and were working tirelessly to fix the game I loved to play. But, I soon realized that like everything else, this is about money and the writing is on the wall that they didn’t do as well as they thought with this game and they are jumping ship and putting their resources into their next game that will hopefully do better and help them make more money.
>
> I wish I was wrong, but I’ve seen it happen over and over. First thing that always happens is the communication from the studio starts to become less frequent, then the balance updates stop coming as frequent as they were, and the become much smaller. My guess is 343 will be completely done with this game in July. I doubt they even put out a balance patch in late June, they haven’t been on schedule with anything yet, don’t expect them to be on their way out. We’ll see the 2 leaders released this month, then they’ll put out a balance patch probably 2nd week of July, then they’ll release one last leader, and we’ll never hear from them again about Halo Wars 2.

Interestingly enough my experience has been the exact opposite. In my experience it’s more often the publisher pushing things out to early or making the financially​ motivated decisions.

Because of that, I’ll give 343 the benefit of the doubt until they prove me otherwise.