June 3rd Weapons Tuning Help

Could someone break down for me what is gonna happen on the weapons tuning? I’m not that great at understanding what all the percentage buffs exactly mean.

E.g.
(I’m making an example so the stats may not be accurate)
Before Tuning
DMR’s reticle is red on targets further away, stronger power…
etc.
After Tuning
AR will be stronger will more range…
etc.

Please, detailed but simple to digest!

Well here are the changes.

Precision Rifle’s
Battle Rifle after change: will take 4 bursts to kill rather than 5 bursts to kill.

Covenant Carbine after change: will take 7 shots to kill rather than 8 shots to kill.

Light Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range will be increased to match the DMR. Fire rate increased when in scope.

Designated Marksman Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range decreased. Matches the LR’s increased range.

Automatic Rifle’s
ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.

> Well here are the changes.
>
> Precision Rifle’s
> Battle Rifle after change: will take 4 bursts to kill rather than 5 bursts to kill.
>
> Covenant Carbine after change: will take 7 shots to kill rather than 8 shots to kill.
>
> Light Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range will be increased to match the DMR. Fire rate increased when in scope.
>
> Designated Marksman Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range decreased. Matches the LR’s increased range.
>
> Automatic Rifle’s
> ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
> The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.

Good day for a BR user! Thanks!

>
> Precision Rifle’s
> Battle Rifle after change: will take 4 bursts to kill rather than 5 bursts to kill.
>
> Covenant Carbine after change: will take 7 shots to kill rather than 8 shots to kill.
>
> Light Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range will be increased to match the DMR. Fire rate increased when in scope.
>
> Designated Marksman Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range decreased. Matches the LR’s increased range.
>
> Automatic Rifle’s
> ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
> <mark>The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.</mark>

I’m fine with the Auto-Aim decrease (I still wish a game with absolutely zero auto-aim), but my question, what does increased spread mean? For which weapon?

> > Automatic Rifle’s
> > ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
> > <mark>The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.</mark>
>
> I’m fine with the Auto-Aim decrease (I still wish a game with absolutely zero auto-aim), but my question, what does increased spread mean? For which weapon?

Increased spread basically means less accuracy. Bullets can go further from the center of the reticle.

I don’t know whether andy2608 (or 343i) are referring to a spread increase when the AR is fully-bloomed, or a constant spread increase. The former would allow you to fire in bursts and retain some accuracy for mid-range fights, while making the AR much less accurate when fired full-auto. The latter would make the AR inaccurate at just about every range but in-your-face-close.

You forgot the following:

Mantis and Warthog chain gun damage increased by 35%.

Beam Rifle bullet magnetism reduced.

Glad I’ve been using the Light Rifle and BR this whole time! Can’t wait to try out the Carbine and actually be effective with it.

Don’t forget the BR rate of fire is being slowed a bit so it’s not overpowered.

I’m looking forward to all of this, bigtime.

>
> Precision Rifle’s
>
>
>
>
> Automatic Rifle’s
> <mark>ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.</mark>
> <mark>The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.</mark>

I sincerely hope the automatics get a 50% auto aim decrease, and the spread…the AR and SR should have a spread increase. Suppressor on the other hand, should have a spread decrease to match with the AR and SR. I barely see anyone use it b/c the shots are way to wide. It like someone is in front and when you try to shoot him/her, the shots go all over the place, barely even hittin’ them.
With Precision, as a DMR lover, my only thing that should change is the ROF, and the LR equal to the DMR as you mentioned b4.

Automatics shouldn’t receive bloom increase. The AR especially really good now, it’s finally can stand as a weapon.

I’m saying this with a BR in my right hand, a Magnum in my left, and (magically) an AR in my back. :slight_smile:

> > Well here are the changes.
> >
> > Precision Rifle’s
> > Battle Rifle after change: will take 4 bursts to kill rather than 5 bursts to kill.
> >
> > Covenant Carbine after change: will take 7 shots to kill rather than 8 shots to kill.
> >
> > Light Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range will be increased to match the DMR. Fire rate increased when in scope.
> >
> > Designated Marksman Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range decreased. Matches the LR’s increased range.
> >
> > Automatic Rifle’s
> > ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
> > The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.
>
> Good day for a BR user! Thanks!

Indeed!
Although as some members below pointed out i missed one or two things, sorry!

> > > Automatic Rifle’s
> > > ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.
> > > <mark>The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.</mark>
> >
> > I’m fine with the Auto-Aim decrease (I still wish a game with absolutely zero auto-aim), but my question, what does increased spread mean? For which weapon?
>
> Increased spread basically means less accuracy. Bullets can go further from the center of the reticle.
>
> I don’t know whether andy2608 (or 343i) are referring to a spread increase when the AR is fully-bloomed, or a constant spread increase. The former would allow you to fire in bursts and retain some accuracy for mid-range fights, while making the AR much less accurate when fired full-auto. The latter would make the AR inaccurate at just about every range but in-your-face-close.

I am not sure if the spread increase is for fully bloomed or constant. I’d guess at constant.

> You forgot the following:
>
> Mantis and Warthog chain gun damage increased by 35%.
>
> Beam Rifle bullet magnetism reduced.

I noticed, thanks for pointing out!
Although i never heard of the Beam Rifle one.
I think it’s good they are taking it’s magnetism down!

> Glad I’ve been using the Light Rifle and BR this whole time! Can’t wait to try out the Carbine and actually be effective with it.

Yeah, it’s not the easiest at the moment. I definitely will give it a shot too.

> Don’t forget the BR rate of fire is being slowed a bit so it’s not overpowered.
>
> I’m looking forward to all of this, bigtime.

Yeah i forgot this too, thanks for pointing it out!

> > Well here are the changes.
> >
> > Precision Rifle’s
> > Battle Rifle after change: will take 4 bursts to kill rather than 5 bursts to kill.
> >
> > Covenant Carbine after change: will take 7 shots to kill rather than 8 shots to kill.
> >
> > Light Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range will be increased to match the DMR. Fire rate increased when in scope.
> >
> > Designated Marksman Rifle after change: Red Reticle Range decreased. Matches the LR’s increased range.
> >
> > Automatic Rifle’s
> > <mark>ALL AR’s (Supressor, Assualt Rifle, Storm Rifle) will get an damage buff. Meaning it will take around 12-13 shots to kill from, I think 15.</mark>
> > <mark>The auto aim is getting a 50% decrease or increased spread.</mark>
>
> I sincerely hope the automatics get a 50% auto aim decrease, and the spread…the AR and SR should have a spread increase. Suppressor on the other hand, should have a spread decrease to match with the AR and SR. I barely see anyone use it b/c the shots are way to wide. It like someone is in front and when you try to shoot him/her, the shots go all over the place, barely even hittin’ them.
> With Precision, as a DMR lover, my only thing that should change is the ROF, and the LR equal to the DMR as you mentioned b4.

I agree about the automatics. The Suppressor needs a helping hand. I rarely see it as really, it’s quite ineffectvie. With that said i have not really tried it…
For the DMR, i feel it’s ROF is fine but it’s range needed to be nerfed IMO.

> Automatics shouldn’t receive bloom increase. The AR especially really good now, it’s finally can stand as a weapon.
>
> I’m saying this with a BR in my right hand, a Magnum in my left, and (magically) an AR in my back. :slight_smile:

Not all will agree that the AR’s should be buffed. Myself i think that it’s fine at the moment.

One more thing - the Magnum is having a slight damage buff. Not enough to decrease it’s TSK, however. Basically it’s extra damage will only ever come into play when combat modifiers are added into a scenario (grenade damage, other weapon damage etc).

I’ve not used it in a loadout since I unlocked the Boltshot anyway.

> One more thing - the Magnum is having a slight damage buff. Not enough to decrease it’s TSK, however. Basically it’s extra damage will only ever come into play when combat modifiers are added into a scenario (grenade damage, other weapon damage etc).
>
> I’ve not used it in a loadout since I unlocked the Boltshot anyway.

Haha, hopefully this is the last thing i forgot! Thanks!
I only use the Magnum :slight_smile:

1. BR changed to a 4sk with a slightly lower rate of fire.
  2. Carbine changed to a 7sk with less projectile spread.
  3. DMR RRR reduced.
  4. LR scope ROF increase and LR RRR now matches the DMR’s new distance.
  5. Magnum damage increase, still a 6sk.
  6. All autos receiving a damage buff and 50% reduction in auto-aim.
  7. Chain guns on Warthogs and Mantis receiving a 35% increase in damage.
  8. Beam Rifle magnetism nerf.

I wish they would nerf the magnetism on the Railgun as well, that thing is ridiculous sometimes.