Jun!? Insurrectionists attack Infinity?

I’m at a loss of words. Didn’t expect that.

Link: Spartan Palmer Avatar

So… Jun is alive, and he helped pick candidates for the Spartan-IV Program.

And apparently Insurrectionists nearly, or at least tried to, hijack Infinity.

“Once an ODST, Sarah Palmer was <mark>hand-picked by former Spartan-III Jun A-266</mark> to be one of the first candidates in the new Spartan IV program. Quickly proving herself during the <mark>defense of the UNSC Infinity from a hostile takeover by Insurrectionists</mark>, Palmer was soon called upon to lead a Spartan strike team during the historic Battle of Draetheus-V. Now the senior Spartan aboard Infinity, Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem.”

Thoughts? I guess my many long posts about how nearly impossible it was for Jun to survive were wrong.
I’d love for 343i to explain this, covering both of those events.

When Sarah Palmer is involved… It’s not surprising to be blasted with Ret-Cons.

And I do recall that the re-release of Halo: The Fall of Reach indirectly confirmed the death of Jun-A266.

So either way, this is absurd in every form.

Not just the Jun ret-con, but Insurrectionist’s attacking Infinity? What!?!?!?

This is ridiculous!

> Now the senior Spartan aboard Infinity, Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem."

Now they are exaggerating her service record. 343i need to learn about the consequences of being too pushy with a character. The community has made up its mind; some hate, some like, some don’t care. They need to accept that she wasn’t as big a hit as Johnson was, and move on. I’m tired of the incessant Palmer -Yoink!- already.

Re-release of Fall of Reach was talking about the Spartan who was guarding Halsey before she was captured for the Package legends short.

However, didn’t bungie and/or 343 say they had no interest in continuing Jun’s story or ending it?

Finally! It’s about time we find out whether or not Jun is still alive. I suppose this means we will see him in Halo: Initiation but I wonder if we will see him in a future game?

Edit: The reprint of The Fall of Reach does not mention Jun. The Spartan guarding Halsey was Sheila-065 and it was during the Battle of Miridem.

Well it’s good to finally have confirmation on this issue after so long. Still, doesn’t it seem like they are exaggerating her record a bit? Was she really “instrumental” in recovering Chief and did she really help “defeat” Jul 'Mdama?

> Well it’s good to finally have confirmation on this issue after so long. Still, doesn’t it seem like they are exaggerating her record a bit? Was she really “instrumental” in recovering Chief and did she really help “defeat” Jul 'Mdama?

The only thing Palmer did was assist Majestic with disabling the Forerunner device so that the Infinity could be spared from Requiem’s sun. However, it’s more accurate to say his plans were foiled, than he was defeated.

He’s still on the loose, and he has some new assets with him now.

Definitely a welcome return. With a few of the new characters being underdeveloped, I think bringing Jun back in was a really smart decision.

I know it’s just marketing, but I seem to remember Jul having the UNSC on a leash for the majority of the Requiem campaign, getting away with a piece of the Janus key, a pissed off Halsey, and very nearly destroying the Infinity.

I’m not sure how that constitutes defeat.

Now I want to know how Jun escaped Reach.

Knowing a member of Noble Team is alive and well brings warm feelings to my heart. <3

I can’t wait to see where they go with this, and I would like to see this Innie attack on the Infinity in some form of media.

Jun’s page on the essential visual guide didn’t state he was dead. He wasn’t classified dead.

Infinity takeover by insurrectionists? Now that is troubling…

> Jun’s page on the essential visual guide didn’t state he was dead. He wasn’t classified dead.
>
> Infinity takeover by insurrectionists? Now that is troubling…

Spartans never die, they’re just MIA.

Is the insurrectionist thing really news though? That is the storyline for Halo: Initiation #2 and #3.

> > Well it’s good to finally have confirmation on this issue after so long. Still, doesn’t it seem like they are exaggerating her record a bit? Was she really “instrumental” in recovering Chief and did she really help “defeat” Jul 'Mdama?
>
> The only thing Palmer did was assist Majestic with disabling the Forerunner device so that the Infinity could be spared from Requiem’s sun. However, it’s more accurate to say his plans were foiled, than he was defeated.
>
> He’s still on the loose, and he has some new assets with him now.

His plans of dragging the infinity in the sun was foiled yes, but other then that He literally got away with what he wanted and having a very large chunk of his forces intact. As well as any artifacts they recovered from requiem in the six months that the UNSC let him have free reign on Requiem for.

> Is the insurrectionist thing really news though? That is the storyline for Halo: Initiation #2 and #3.

We’ve known the Insurrectionists tried to hijack Infinity?

Guess I missed that.

> “Once an ODST, Sarah Palmer was <mark>hand-picked by former Spartan-III Jun A-266</mark> to be one of the first candidates in the new Spartan IV program. Quickly proving herself during the <mark>defense of the UNSC Infinity from a hostile takeover by Insurrectionists</mark>, Palmer was soon called upon to lead a Spartan strike team during the historic Battle of Draetheus-V. Now the senior Spartan aboard Infinity, Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem.”

What the hell, 343?!

How’d Jun get off Reach? What the hell is the point of the Noble Team statue (which exists in the canon) if Jun is still alive? Are we going to get an explanation in regards to this?

How the hell did Insurrectionists take over the most powerful ship in the UNSC? I’m guess this will happen in Mortal Dictata, but still, come on.

And then Palmer being instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief? How? By ignoring her Captain’s orders to arrest him? By doing virtually nothing other than commenting on the Chief’s height? And the instrumental the Jul’s defeat at Requiem? When was Jul defeated? Last I checked, he got away with half the Janus Key and Dr. Halsey. If anything, Palmer has only made things worse for the UNSC by giving Halsey reason to betray the UNSC. She had a chance to defeat Jul, but she shot Halsey instead.

Serious, what the -Yoink- 343?

> > “Once an ODST, Sarah Palmer was <mark>hand-picked by former Spartan-III Jun A-266</mark> to be one of the first candidates in the new Spartan IV program. Quickly proving herself during the <mark>defense of the UNSC Infinity from a hostile takeover by Insurrectionists</mark>, Palmer was soon called upon to lead a Spartan strike team during the historic Battle of Draetheus-V. Now the senior Spartan aboard Infinity, Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem.”
>
> What the hell, 343?!
>
> How’d Jun get off Reach? What the hell is the point of the Noble Team statue (which exists in the canon) if Jun is still alive? Are we going to get an explanation in regards to this?
>
> How the hell did Insurrectionists take over the most powerful ship in the UNSC? I’m guess this will happen in Mortal Dictata, but still, come on.
>
> And then Palmer being instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief? How? By ignoring her Captain’s orders to arrest him? By doing virtually nothing other than commenting on the Chief’s height? And the instrumental the Jul’s defeat at Requiem? When was Jul defeated? Last I checked, he got away with half the Janus Key and Dr. Halsey. If anything, Palmer has only made things worse for the UNSC by giving Halsey reason to betray the UNSC. She had a chance to defeat Jul, but she shot Halsey instead.
>
> Serious, what the -Yoink!- 343?

My thoughts exactly…

> Infinity takeover by insurrectionists? Now that is troubling…

Is it because the Infinity was boarded by a bunch of humans instead of Covenant and Promethean forces? I mean, knowing this ship’s track record for being boarded, it shouldn’t be a surprise nor troubling.

> And then Palmer being instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief? How? By ignoring her Captain’s orders to arrest him?

You know, every time I see the cutscene, it looks like she’s gearing up for a fight to arrest him. I think the situation just happens so fast that nothing can really be done.

> > Infinity takeover by insurrectionists? Now that is troubling…
>
> Is it because the Infinity was boarded by a bunch of humans instead of Covenant and Promethean forces? I mean, knowing this ship’s track record for being boarded, it shouldn’t be a surprise nor troubling.

It was hijacked once with the help of a Forerunner slipspace tether. How are a bunch of Humans supposed to get aboard? Unless there’s a traitor on Infinity.

> > And then Palmer being instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief? How? By ignoring her Captain’s orders to arrest him?
>
> You know, every time I see the cutscene, it looks like she’s gearing up for a fight to arrest him. I think the situation just happens so fast that nothing can really be done.

Point still stands, she was, in no way, instrumental to the recovery of the Master Chief, especially since he ended up leaving to fight the Didact. If anyone was instrumental, it was Lasky.