JUMPING THE GUN???????

I was just wondering, this game comes out in the holidays correct??? That’s how many months away???

You’ve only heard a little bit of information and even then, Frankie has been showing a lot has been taken out of context.

I cant believe that a lot of people have already jumped ship from one article. You say you like halo, but because one article might mention another FPS,you immediately think that Halo is turning into it.
I for one cant wait to see just how all these changes will play like and am waiting in suspense for some solid MP video.

If you guys did a bit on research on the net you would see there has been a lot of clarifying.

Come on halo 4 :smiley:

This is exactly what baffles me, people who say “I’m a true Halo fan but this is becoming CoD”. Surely a “true Halo fan” wouldn’t convey such sweeping negative suppositions as pure fact based on little information?

If people want a franchise that just copy and pastes every year, the go play COD. maybe in 20 years time they will set a game in halo’s time, then people will say its halo. They are 2 completely different games, This will still be halo and will be just as good as the last.

haters gonna hate, but at least wait till you hate.

That touches on a valid point.

CoD doesn’t take any risks gameplay-wise year on year, it’s very similar and that’s why it gets a lot of stick.

Halo 4 takes a big risk and changes up the gameplay significantly, and it’s supposedly becoming CoD.

I mean, wut?

right now “Its cod, omg this is -Yoink- blah blah blah”
End of year “OMG this is so good, i love it, so fresh and a true halo game”

I see it now

This is what happens when you leave the rabid Halo fanbase with a trickle of information that seems to suggest nothing but copying other games and ignoring core Halo qualities.

I’m still going to buy the game. The campaign and spartan ops sound very intriguing, but it doesn’t mean I can’t have serious questions with the direction of the multiplayer.

> This is what happens when you leave the rabid Halo fanbase with a trickle of information that seems to suggest nothing but copying other games and ignoring core Halo qualities.

I partly agree. I do think people have put 2 and 2 together and got 5 in some respects but what we need is clarification. And we’re getting it, really. We know now you can’t see players through walls with Forerunner Vision, Random Weapon Spawns is predictable and still encourages weapon/map control, and Insta-Spawning isn’t in objective games. We could get more in the next Bulletin.

I dont really think its 343 to blame. I mean, the magazine has to cater for everyone. There might be many people that have not played halo before, dont know why but there might be a few, so they have to try and make it so people understand without going lol wut. Eg classes: not going to be every weapon, so you cant spawn with a rocket or sniper (unless your playing a sniper match :P) and random weapon drops, they arent truly random but just the go to set points at different times so each team can get it. I really like this coz it means that if wanna have a fun game i just go in and get wat every one i can, but if i want competitive with my mates, we try to learn a system and adapt it to what ever situation we get.

This could be one of the best halo’s made

I find it stupid that 1 gameplay element that’s been in countless games is being critizied just because its in another game.

If everyone is going to say that Halo is copying Cod just because of sprint, then they might aswell start saying its copying Skyrim because of sprint.

> This is exactly what baffles me, people who say “I’m a true Halo fan but this is becoming CoD”. Surely a “true Halo fan” wouldn’t convey such sweeping negative suppositions as pure fact based on little information?

I think a “true Halo fan” would know the ins and outs of Halo’s gameplay and be able to deduce (from the information they’ve read and the video they’ve seen) how it is departing from it’s core, as it has been for quite some time. There is nothing wrong with trying to lobby for the return of gimmick-free Halo.

> > This is exactly what baffles me, people who say “I’m a true Halo fan but this is becoming CoD”. Surely a “true Halo fan” wouldn’t convey such sweeping negative suppositions as pure fact based on little information?
>
> I think a “true Halo fan” would know the ins and outs of Halo’s gameplay and be able to deduce (from the information they’ve read and the video they’ve seen) how it is departing from it’s core, as it has been for quite some time. There is nothing wrong with trying to lobby for the return of gimmick-free Halo.

And that is why I want a properly-supported Classic side of Infinity. It gives the option of playing the “Core Halo” but in the modern game.

For any and all interested in my input on this, please refer to my posts in the second and third page of the topic; call of halo: SW 4 (or whatever pathetic title the poster gave it)

I believe I convey a very good point and would like to see what others think and possibly wish to debate about.

With Regards,
Shadow Wolf.

> > > This is exactly what baffles me, people who say “I’m a true Halo fan but this is becoming CoD”. Surely a “true Halo fan” wouldn’t convey such sweeping negative suppositions as pure fact based on little information?
> >
> > I think a “true Halo fan” would know the ins and outs of Halo’s gameplay and be able to deduce (from the information they’ve read and the video they’ve seen) how it is departing from it’s core, as it has been for quite some time. There is nothing wrong with trying to lobby for the return of gimmick-free Halo.
>
> And that is why I want a properly-supported Classic side of Infinity. It gives the option of playing the “Core Halo” but in the modern game.

That would be fantastic if it were to happen.

  1. I’m English so I have no idea what “this Holiday” actually means in America.

  2. I completely agree with you! I find almost hilarious how some people are managing to judge a game that hasn’t come out yet, that they say they won’t buy (even though they obviously will), and are saying it is copying CoD because it was mentioned once in an article to say Halo won’t be like CoD. The community confuses me…

Halo is trying to advance and 343i want to make it very clear Halo 4 is their game, not Bunige’s. They don’t owe us any game that is like Halo, so lets be thankful they are trying to make a game that keeps the core elements of Halo alive while making it their own game.

Im sure that they will have like a classic play list, i think that they will have a multitude of option, maybe not staight away, i think ive read on the gaf that there will be something for everyone at the start, but im sure that they will listen and adapt, i mean in reach, the gave us zero bloom.

> 1. I’m English so I have no idea what “this Holiday” actually means in America.

I’m English too, I believe “The Holidays” in this context would mean anywhere between September and December.