July 7, 2589

July 7, 2589: This is the date given at the end of Reach. It’s 37 years after the fall of Reach (2552) … is this date the end of the Halo story? Master Chief would be in his late 70s but we don’t know how Spartans age. That’s speculation anyway … I guess why I’m posting this is how much of the Halo story do you think is already written? Are they still writing it as the games develop or does this date mean they know exactly what’s coming? They recently changed their calling Halos 4, 5, & 6 the “Reclaimer Trilogy” to calling it the Reclaimer Saga leaving it wide open.
There are 32 years between Halo 4 and the 2589 date at the end of Reach … what do you think happens then and/or in between? I think a lot of aliens will get shot.

Halo has always had guidlines for the future. Not very detailed ones, but they have planes for where they want the story to go. There is also the Halo bible, containing information on everything halot his far, including stuff that has not been made public yet.

That colony ship in the background looked a little Forerunner in nature. Perhaps this implies that humanity has taken their rightful place as “reclaimers” by then.

What that means for the other species, I don’t know.

Also, July 7th is Bungie Day.

What really bugs me about the whole 2589 thing is if it has taken place before or after the Flood invasion.

If the Flood invasion takes place afterwards, we won’t be seeing the Master Chief, and even Gabriel Thorne would be too old.

However, if this was after the Flood invasion… That would be a rather short and lack-luster war, wouldn’t it? That’s only 30 years of fun, the Forerunners got 300 years of fun! Those lucky -Yoinks!-!

Kind of a spoiler knowing we’re going to win the flood war, if it is indeed before 2589, we obviously won.

god i hope the flood dont come back in game…

> god i hope the flood dont come back in game…

Why?

> Kind of a spoiler knowing we’re going to win the flood war, if it is indeed before 2589, we obviously won.

Its not really a spoiler, because who is to say that the war isn’t taking place at the time that scene was shown. Just because Reach didn’t show any signs of flood infestations, doesn’t mean that the war isn’t taking place in other parts of the galaxy. For all we know, that ship we saw, could have been holding the last remnants of humanity, while the flood is slowly closing in on Reach; inching closer and closer to complete galactic consumption.

The upcoming War against the Precursor/Flood won’t exactly be the same as before. This time we have all of the Forerunner’s previous accounts of the War, including what worked and what didn’t. The Forerunner didn’t really have that because the Humans denied the Forerunner such knowledge out of spite. A big difference this time is also the number of possible combatants.

Originally, after Humanity fell, it was pretty much just the Forerunner versus the Flood. The Forerunner had prevented everyone else from advancing and caused a Galaxy wide stagnation. After 100,000 years free of Forerunner intervention, there is no telling how many other Tier 3 and Tier 2 civilizations exist in unexplored space. If the Flood desires to consume them, it won’t be as easy if they can all defend themselves.

> What really bugs me about the whole 2589 thing is if it has taken place before or after the Flood invasion.
>
> <mark>If the Flood invasion takes place afterwards, we won’t be seeing the Master Chief, and even Gabriel Thorne would be too old.</mark>
>
> However, if this was after the Flood invasion… That would be a rather short and lack-luster war, wouldn’t it? That’s only 30 years of fun, the Forerunners got 300 years of fun! Those lucky -Yoinks!-!

Isn’t Thorne 24? So he wouldn’t be too old to not go into service, I mean Johnson was rather old

> > god i hope the flood dont come back in game…
>
> Why?

i just always hated flood levels. found em to be boring enemies especially after you kill one and it comes back up. thats all really.

having flashbacks to quarantine zone now…

> > > god i hope the flood dont come back in game…
> >
> > Why?
>
> i just always hated flood levels. found em to be boring enemies especially after you kill one and it comes back up. thats all really.

Well then, sir, you may want to brace yourself for what’s to come…

It’s going to get pretty damn Floody outside soon!

i just hope they made em more fun to fight this time round. fingers crossed!

> > What really bugs me about the whole 2589 thing is if it has taken place before or after the Flood invasion.
> >
> > <mark>If the Flood invasion takes place afterwards, we won’t be seeing the Master Chief, and even Gabriel Thorne would be too old.</mark>
> >
> > However, if this was after the Flood invasion… That would be a rather short and lack-luster war, wouldn’t it? That’s only 30 years of fun, the Forerunners got 300 years of fun! Those lucky -Yoinks!-!
>
> Isn’t Thorne 24? So he wouldn’t be too old to not go into service, I mean Johnson was rather old

Thorne was born in 2534. Currently (in 2558) he is 24; however, if the Flood invasion were to take place after 2589, he’d be at least 55. And the Master Chief would be over 78.

That’s pretty old to be doing something like that, even if you’re a genetically augmented super-soldier.

> Thorne was born in 2534. Currently (in 2558) he is 24; however, if the Flood invasion were to take place after 2589, he’d be at least 55. And the Master Chief would be over 78.
>
> That’s pretty old to be doing something like that, even if you’re a genetically augmented super-soldier.

I don’t see how that’s a problem, Johnson was in his 80s and still doing just fine.

> > > What really bugs me about the whole 2589 thing is if it has taken place before or after the Flood invasion.
> > >
> > > <mark>If the Flood invasion takes place afterwards, we won’t be seeing the Master Chief, and even Gabriel Thorne would be too old.</mark>
> > >
> > > However, if this was after the Flood invasion… That would be a rather short and lack-luster war, wouldn’t it? That’s only 30 years of fun, the Forerunners got 300 years of fun! Those lucky -Yoinks!-!
> >
> > Isn’t Thorne 24? So he wouldn’t be too old to not go into service, I mean Johnson was rather old
>
> Thorne was born in 2534. Currently (in 2558) he is 24; however, if the Flood invasion were to take place after 2589, he’d be at least 55. And the Master Chief would be over 78.
>
> That’s pretty old to be doing something like that, even if you’re a genetically augmented super-soldier.

Johnson was in his 70s during Halo 3 and he seemed pretty spry. His augmentations weren’t even as good as the Spartan-IIs. I think the Master Chief would still be pretty awesome in the future, although at some point I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired his armor and became an Officer or something.

> However, if this was after the Flood invasion… That would be a rather short and lack-luster war, wouldn’t it? That’s only 30 years of fun, the Forerunners got 300 years of fun! Those lucky -Yoinks!-!

The galaxy in it’s current state would not survive any sort of protracted conflict with the Precursors. Even a year might be too long.

> Well then, sir, you may want to brace yourself for what’s to come…
>
> It’s going to get pretty damn Floody outside soon!

I’ve actually had dreams of the new Flood… all sorts of crazy combat forms. Tentacles everywhere…

I seriously doubt the Flood comes back before this… It just doesn’t make good logical sense that there would be a full blown flood invasion and that Humanity beats it and recovers in such a short amount of time.

> > Well then, sir, you may want to brace yourself for what’s to come…
> >
> > It’s going to get pretty damn Floody outside soon!
>
> I’ve actually had dreams of the new Flood… all sorts of crazy combat forms. Tentacles everywhere…

Someone has been watching to much hen… I mean anime :wink: OT. I look forward to seeing new flood forms and hopefully, some day, fight the gravemind.