July 2011 REACH Population report posted on HBO.

Typically I have been posting a monthly population report on halo.bungie.org.

This resource may help Halo fans understand what is going on with the REACH population.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1091242

Yes we all know Reach fails and the population is diminishing … So what?

> Yes we all know Reach fails and the population is diminishing … So what?

lol, he was making the exact opposite point.

really? because it looks like to me that halo 3 was higher…by about 100000 people.

> Yes we all know Reach fails and the population is diminishing … So what?

Actually I was pointing out the opposite of your comment.

REACH has had many ups and downs but has continually remained in pretty good shape overall.

I expect that to continure for the near future. :slight_smile:

> really? because it looks like to me that halo 3 was higher…by about 100000 people.

That is true but the actual REACH population is doing fine, if somewhat less than what Halo 3 had, in the same time period after release.

yes, but the fact that the population diminishes from halo 3 and the fact that the number of small kids i have played with increases, means that people know what halo was and is supposed to be are stopping to play it.

At the end the bar is going down and it’s further down than the rest. Also I never believe those forged things. They are just made up so people think the game is good and buy it. Not to mention the fact that Halo 3 is always better. I’m just not in a FPS competitive mood. Hence the reason when I play an FPS I play Halo: Reach (haven’t put it in for about 2 days now). I’d go as far to say that I feel Bulletstorm is more competitive than Halo: Reach and Bulletstorm doesn’t even have a versus mode …

and the population will drop this quarter… people are sick of reach…and with gow 3, bf 3 and mw3… people are getting out like me…

> and the population will drop this quarter… people are sick of reach…and with gow 3, bf 3 and mw3… people are getting out like me…

American Dad quote time!
Stan’s voice over two way radio: “I’m pulling out of you son. I’m pulling out.”

> > and the population will drop this quarter… people are sick of reach…and with gow 3, bf 3 and mw3… people are getting out like me…
>
> American Dad quote time!
> Stan’s voice over two way radio: “I’m pulling out of you son. I’m pulling out.”

haha I saw that a couple days ago.

But you’re right. With Deus Ex, Gears, BF3, MW3, and Skyrim coming out the Reach population with definitely decrease. As for me, I forced myself to play a couple games today and it was just painful. Today was probably the last time I’ll actually play Reach, ever. I’ll be playing H3 until 4.

All I know if for a long time halo 3 claimed the top spot on Major Nelson’s Top 10 and was in first for a long time. Reach never was as good as Halo 3 to be in the top spot =)

> yes, but the fact that the population diminishes from halo 3 and the fact that the number of small kids i have played with increases, means that people know what halo was and is supposed to be are stopping to play it.

I’m still playing and have been doing so for 6 years. I think I know what Halo was and is. Many, not all, of the people I started playing Halo with 6 years ago are still playing.

I never noticed an increase in the very young playing. Just the opposite actually. That’s not a measurement though. It’s not really even a fact. It’s an unqualified observation.

First post I’ve made on a halo forum in a long time.

Just wanted to stop by and point out a common trend among each Halo release. I find it funny that people are calling Halo 3 the best, because I seem to remember the so called “hardcore” trashing H3 to no end back from 07-09. If I recall wasn’t Halo 3 the biggest noob shooter, piece of trash, casual garbage to ever grace gaming?

As much as the Nay-Sayers want to say it the truth of the matter is that Reach despite its flaws is still a better game then Halo 3. Make no mistake however, Halo 3 was and still is a fantastic game Reach however delivers so much more on so many fronts then Halo 3 did. More importantly it is the closest to Halo: CE’s multiplayer then all the other titles. And I am really excited to see what they are going to do with H:CEA.

As much as you want to disagree, it will honestly take another two years for most of you to realize the beauty Reach is as both a game and as a competitive multiplayer title. One way or another I can guarantee by the time Halo 4 comes out people will be respecting Reach a lot more.

I completely agree with you on that one.

> First post I’ve made on a halo forum in a long time.
>
> Just wanted to stop by and point out a common trend among each Halo release. I find it funny that people are calling Halo 3 the best, because I seem to remember the so called “hardcore” trashing H3 to no end back from 07-09. If I recall wasn’t Halo 3 the biggest noob shooter, piece of trash, casual garbage to ever grace gaming?
>
> As much as the Nay-Sayers want to say it the truth of the matter is that Reach despite its flaws is still a better game then Halo 3. Make no mistake however, Halo 3 was and still is a fantastic game Reach however delivers so much more on so many fronts then Halo 3 did. More importantly it is the closest to Halo: CE’s multiplayer then all the other titles. And I am really excited to see what they are going to do with H:CEA.
>
> As much as you want to disagree, it will honestly take another two years for most of you to realize the beauty Reach is as both a game and as a competitive multiplayer title. One way or another I can guarantee by the time Halo 4 comes out people will be respecting Reach a lot more.

Were those the same people? It could easily be the other half of the community that liked Halo 2 better that were angered at Halo 3 because it wasn’t Halo 2 with prettier graphics. Or it could be that the gameplay seems to go down the toilet more and more every game to the point where I’d actually be surprised if I found myself respecting Reach as a great halo game around Halo 4 unless Halo 4 flops. Reach just seemed to upgrade so much, and yet also downgrade just as much to the point it feels it could have been so much better so easily, and yet it wasn’t. Just my opinion? Sure, but I hold strongly to it.

Reach’s population may be steady, but that will TANK come the end of the year…Unless, of course, we see a Classic Update of some kind that is so extraordinarily good that it’s pretty much its own game that has little to nothing to do with Reach’s gameplay.

I like how Halo 3 beats Reach in 2008.

But the population isn’t that bad when you see the other reports.

> I like how Halo 3 beats Reach in 2008.
>
> But the population isn’t that bad when you see the other reports.

Something that is important, but I do not have official figures for, is the installed 360 base for when Halo 3 or REACH were released. The unofficial information I have suggests the figure is three times the number at the time of Halo 3. If true, and I do not doubt the source, the percentage of 360 owners playing Halo 3 was much higher than than for REACH. These particular figures are more important to the marketing departments. They will want those figures to improve for Halo 4.

Be that as it may, it’s the actual population totals that make a game viable and not the percentage of installed 360.

So if you are seeing posts that say REACH is dead or dying, feel free to point out that is not correct. It has it’s ups and downs but it is doing as well today as it was in March. I was reading posts back in January stating REACH was dead and nobody played it anymore. The only way to discuss issues with people like that is with official facts.