Jul M'dama

So…I heard he is in the Sanctum Warzone map and I have yet to play it (or update my game). So I was wondring:
-What kind of boss is he (regular/legendary/mythic)?
-Does he actually look like Jul M’dama?
-What weapon does he have?
-Is he more difficult to fight than your average elite boss?
-Does he have any unique lines or scripting?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some answers!

He’s just an legendary elite with the needler carbine at the top of the temple. Reasonably tanky, had the jul model. Didn’t have time to listen to him talk.

He is legendary boss and I have seen the picture and it’s Jul. He was holding Carbine. I haven’t fight him, but after his death, I went to top of Temple and there were Elite zealots around there, seems like Jul is hanging with elites with sword.

i didnt know he was in it! thats cool!!!

> 2533274824175624;2:
> He’s just an legendary elite with the needler carbine at the top of the temple. Reasonably tanky, had the jul model. Didn’t have time to listen to him talk.

I’m probably going to go all active camo and follow him around to hear him speak knowing me and my love of fighting iconic Halo chatacters (yes, I consider Jul iconic…). It’d also be great to find out what he’s like since you couldn’t actually fight him in campaign, so I applaude 343i for adding him.

> 2533274828953572;4:
> i didnt know he was in it! thats cool!!!

It would be sick if they made an upgraded mythic variant of him for Firefight!

but the insta splatter

> 2533274919223668;7:
> but the insta splatter

How…can you get a vehicle to the Temple’s top floor? I watched Greenskull’s stream, and he was stumped by that question, RIP Sword Hog…

> 2533274976607648;5:
> > 2533274824175624;2:
> > He’s just an legendary elite with the needler carbine at the top of the temple. Reasonably tanky, had the jul model. Didn’t have time to listen to him talk.
>
>
> I’m probably going to go all active camo and follow him around to hear him speak knowing me and my love of fighting iconic Halo chatacters (yes, I consider Jul iconic…). It’d also be great to find out what he’s like since you couldn’t actually fight him in campaign, so I applaude 343i for adding him.

I consider him iconic too. I know some people didn’t like Spartan Ops, but I certainly enjoyed it and couldn’t wait to fight him. I’m glad I now have the chance!

I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.

Doubtful, probably really easy to kill. Although he does have a Blissful Slumber and Blood of Suban.

Jul wasn’t really much of an actual fighter, he ran way like Regret did in Halo Wars.

Cool addition though. But I’ll answer your questions in Bold as well.

-What kind of boss is he (regular/legendary/mythic)? Legendary
-Does he actually look like Jul M’dama? Yes, Hand of the Didact is on his shoulder.
-What weapon does he have? Blissful Slumber and Blood of Suban
-Is he more difficult to fight than your average elite boss? Yes, only because he has Elite Zealots protecting him with swords and you can only go on the top floor on foot.
-Does he have any unique lines or scripting? Sadly, no. It would’ve been a bit more challenging for 343 to do that. It’s just easier to add his model than voice.

> 2533274847253593;10:
> I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.

Cant assassinate him!?!?!!? Dang, I thought they would add like some cool finishing move like Star Wars force Unleash did but you killed him like Locke did. Lame

> 2535409489305717;12:
> > 2533274847253593;10:
> > I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.
>
>
> Cant assassinate him!?!?!!? Dang, I thought they would add like some cool finishing move like Star Wars force Unleash did but you killed him like Locke did. Lame

We made a change across all elite bosses where you can’t assassinate them with their shields up. If you bring down his shields you can get that sweet sweet assassination animation on him.

> 2533274976607648;5:
> > 2533274824175624;2:
> > He’s just an legendary elite with the needler carbine at the top of the temple. Reasonably tanky, had the jul model. Didn’t have time to listen to him talk.
>
>
> I’m probably going to go all active camo and follow him around to hear him speak knowing me and my love of fighting iconic Halo chatacters (yes, I consider Jul iconic…). It’d also be great to find out what he’s like since you couldn’t actually fight him in campaign, so I applaude 343i for adding him.

Hell yeah Jul is iconic! He’s basically responsible for everything that happened in Halo 4. His death in the campaign was so disappointingly anticlimactic . I’m glad they finally made him a boss like he should have been.

> 2533274825821963;13:
> > 2535409489305717;12:
> > > 2533274847253593;10:
> > > I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.
> >
> >
> > Cant assassinate him!?!?!!? Dang, I thought they would add like some cool finishing move like Star Wars force Unleash did but you killed him like Locke did. Lame
>
>
> We made a change across all elite bosses where you can’t assassinate them with their shields up. If you bring down his shields you can get that sweet sweet assassination animation on him.

Ok then so you can get a assassination but is the assassination Locke style in terms like when you kill him. And I cant believe a 343 designer actually talked to me. Sweet!

> 2533274825821963;13:
> > 2535409489305717;12:
> > > 2533274847253593;10:
> > > I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.
> >
> >
> > Cant assassinate him!?!?!!? Dang, I thought they would add like some cool finishing move like Star Wars force Unleash did but you killed him like Locke did. Lame
>
>
> We made a change across all elite bosses where you can’t assassinate them with their shields up. If you bring down his shields you can get that sweet sweet assassination animation on him.

Is there anything unique about Jul’s assasination or is it just the cool regular assasination that you do against Elites? Having a special assasination for him would be sick!

Jul lasts longer in Firefight than Campaign I hope.
#ShaftReed

> 2533274810001991;17:
> Jul lasts longer in Firefight than Campaign I hope.
> #ShaftReed

I have only heard of him being in the base Warzone gamemode. If he is in Firefight, that would be cool.

Kill M’Dama, be like Locke, like a boss!

> 2533274976607648;16:
> > 2533274825821963;13:
> > > 2535409489305717;12:
> > > > 2533274847253593;10:
> > > > I fought him last night and was like “what the -Yoink- did Palmer just say?!?!” So I went up to fight him and it was the same model and was really cool to see. He can’t be assassinated and doesn’t have his actual voice, just a normal elite voice. Still kick -Yoink- that they added him as a boss.
> > >
> > >
> > > Cant assassinate him!?!?!!? Dang, I thought they would add like some cool finishing move like Star Wars force Unleash did but you killed him like Locke did. Lame
> >
> >
> > We made a change across all elite bosses where you can’t assassinate them with their shields up. If you bring down his shields you can get that sweet sweet assassination animation on him.
>
>
> Is there anything unique about Jul’s assasination or is it just the cool regular assasination that you do against Elites? Having a special assasination for him would be sick!

Unfortunately just a normal one, but I think the assassination on the Elite still looks very cool.