Jul Mdama

So I’ve been thinking, does anyone want to see Jul play a larger role in the future games? I know he was central in Spartan Ops, but it’s not enough imo. I also realize that the covenant aren’t the main baddies anymore, but the point stands. I’d like him to have more of the impact that Truth had. Someone who you truly hated and loved at the same time. Someone who would constantly remind you why you were fighting the fight. Someone you desired to rid from the world. I’ve read the Kilo 5 trilogy, and I like Juls character, but I’d love to see him play a more prominent villian role in H5 and beyond. The leader of the covenant should be dropping lines like THIS Halo 3 Cutscenes - 04 - "Crow's Nest: Opening" - YouTube

Guarantied he’ll be either caught or killed by Locke in the first mission.

> 2533274826317859;2:
> Guarantied he’ll be either caught or killed by Locke in the first mission.

See i was thinking that, but since it shows in the trailer that Locke is about to stab him with a knife I don’t think thatll be the last of him. If he dies in that mission then I don’t think they wouldve showed him getting rekt by Locke in a random trailer 4 months out. Just seems like bad marketing to give it away before the game even launches

I like as character too, but sadly I think the same of my mate, and Jul will die in first mission

> 2535468947915585;3:
> > 2533274826317859;2:
> > Guarantied he’ll be either caught or killed by Locke in the first mission.
>
>
> See i was thinking that, but since it shows in the trailer that Locke is about to stab him with a knife I don’t think thatll be the last of him. If he dies in that mission then I don’t think they wouldve showed him getting rekt by Locke in a random trailer 4 months out. Just seems like bad marketing to give it away before the game even launches

True but remember this is the studio that told us the ending to Halo 4 in a vidoc.

I would really like if he had the similar role of Sesa 'Refumee in Halo 2, a minor antagonist but he still manages to become a real threat to the Arbiter.

I still do not like the idea of Jul just being killed in the Locke’s first mission.
They really made a really interesting character out of him, he had a big role in The Kilo 5 trilogy, Escalation and Spartan Ops.

Killing him in the first mission just doesn’t sound right.

It’ll be a real crime if he never exposes ONI’s role behind his rise to power and avenge his wife’s death at the hands of Osman’s personal band of psychopaths.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> It’ll be a real crime if he never exposes ONI’s role behind his rise to power and avenge his wife’s death at the hands of Osman’s personal band of psychopaths.

"But he was already gonna do that! He already was vengeful! It’s not like he was gonna fight humans because he feared for his people’s safety! It’s not like he said he wasn’t that good of a leader! It’s not like he didn’t know it was ONI that captured him, and only ONIs plan to eradicate the Sangheili because they wore UNSC uniforms."I agree.

Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.

> 2533274802353938;10:
> Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where it looks as if Jul is about to finished off.

The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.

> 2533274936311077;11:
> > 2533274802353938;10:
> > Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.
>
>
> The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.

Okay yeah I just found an excerpt from the video. Hmm. It’s possible but for all we know the scene was just cut that way to build suspense. It wouldn’t be the first time a trailer did this. The fight could easily go on after that point with Jul getting wounded or even blocking the knife at the last possible second and getting away of his own volition or by means of some sort of distraction. I’m not saying he will or won’t get gutted here, but until I see a body I won’t be convinced that this is where he dies. Trailers are meant to build suspense and I doubt they would show us the death of somewhat of an important character in one.

> I DR HALSEY I:
> It’ll be a real crime if he never exposes ONI’s role behind his rise to power and avenge his wife’s death at the hands of Osman’s personal band of psychopaths.

As much as I like Jul, I was rooting for Raia to get killed. I felt for Jul deeply when he found out about it but she just frustrated me to no end. I’m typically not the guy who is begging for a character to get killed off simply because they annoy me but by the Goddess she made me sick.

> 2533274802353938;12:
> > 2533274936311077;11:
> > > 2533274802353938;10:
> > > Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.
> >
> >
> > The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.
>
>
> Okay yeah I just found an excerpt from the video. Hmm. It’s possible but for all we know the scene was just cut that way to build suspense. It wouldn’t be the first time a trailer did this. The fight could easily go on after that point with Jul getting wounded or even blocking the knife at the last possible second and getting away of his own volition or by means of some sort of distraction. I’m not saying he will or won’t get gutted here, but until I see a body I won’t be convinced that this is where he dies. Trailers are meant to build suspense and I doubt they would show us the death of somewhat of an important character in one.

I’m hoping we’re right. It looks like Jul is going to kick Locke. He could get away after this.
And what about Raia irked you?

> 2533274936311077;13:
> > 2533274802353938;12:
> > > 2533274936311077;11:
> > > > 2533274802353938;10:
> > > > Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.
> > >
> > >
> > > The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.
> >
> >
> > Okay yeah I just found an excerpt from the video. Hmm. It’s possible but for all we know the scene was just cut that way to build suspense. It wouldn’t be the first time a trailer did this. The fight could easily go on after that point with Jul getting wounded or even blocking the knife at the last possible second and getting away of his own volition or by means of some sort of distraction. I’m not saying he will or won’t get gutted here, but until I see a body I won’t be convinced that this is where he dies. Trailers are meant to build suspense and I doubt they would show us the death of somewhat of an important character in one.
>
>
> I’m hoping we’re right. It looks like Jul is going to kick Locke. He could get away after this.
> And what about Raia irked you?

Though I acknowledge that Raia was intelligent to an extent her personality just bugged me. It seemed that she agreed with Jul’s lack of support for Thel but belittled any actual effort that he and Telcam put into planning for a coup. She seemed to always just look at it as boys playing with toys. There was an air of hypocrisy about her that I just didn’t get.

Then there was the whole fiasco with accusing Telcam of doing something to Jul without any evidence whatsoever to lead her to that level of suspicion. I understand that she was simply upset and wanted her husband back but the way she went about it was just silly. She sticks a gun in Telcam’s face while he is in the middle of an incipient civil war, trying to rally his troops and forces her way onto his ship. I don’t really know what she expected to happen. It wasn’t as if Telcam was going to stop his coup to go look for one person. I did find it funny that Telcam pretty much saw her as more of a nuisance than a valid threat. She forced her way into the middle of a battlefield with no good reason and got herself and poor old Forze killed.

> 2533274802353938;14:
> > 2533274936311077;13:
> > > 2533274802353938;12:
> > > > 2533274936311077;11:
> > > > > 2533274802353938;10:
> > > > > Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.
> > >
> > >
> > > Okay yeah I just found an excerpt from the video. Hmm. It’s possible but for all we know the scene was just cut that way to build suspense. It wouldn’t be the first time a trailer did this. The fight could easily go on after that point with Jul getting wounded or even blocking the knife at the last possible second and getting away of his own volition or by means of some sort of distraction. I’m not saying he will or won’t get gutted here, but until I see a body I won’t be convinced that this is where he dies. Trailers are meant to build suspense and I doubt they would show us the death of somewhat of an important character in one.
> >
> >
> > I’m hoping we’re right. It looks like Jul is going to kick Locke. He could get away after this.
> > And what about Raia irked you?
>
>
>
>
>
> Though I acknowledge that Raia was intelligent to an extent her personality just bugged me. It seemed that she agreed with Jul’s lack of support for Thel but belittled any actual effort that he and Telcam put into planning for a coup. She seemed to always just look at it as boys playing with toys. There was an air of hypocrisy about her that I just didn’t get.
>
> Then there was the whole fiasco with accusing Telcam of doing something to Jul without any evidence whatsoever to lead her that level of suspicion. I understand that she was simply upset and wanted her husband back but the way she went about it was just silly. She sticks a gun in Telcam’s face while he is in the middle of a burgeoning civil war, trying to rally his troops and forces her way onto his ship. I don’t really know what she expected to happen. It wasn’t as if Telcam was going to stop his coup to go look for one person. I did find it funny that Telcam pretty much saw her as more of a nuisance than a valid threat. She forced her way into the middle of a battlefield with no good reason and got herself and poor old Forze killed.
>

Love does make you do stupid things :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274936311077;15:
> > 2533274802353938;14:
> > > 2533274936311077;13:
> > > > 2533274802353938;12:
> > > > > 2533274936311077;11:
> > > > > > 2533274802353938;10:
> > > > > > Which trailer are we talking about exactly? I noticed Locke engaging Jul from close range in the campaign trailer. I don’t remember a shot where i looks as if Jul is about to finished off.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The Vidoc, A Hero Reborn. 8:12. After Locke slices Juls right kneecap, he runs up to him, grabs his sword wielding arm, and gets ready to stab Jul in either the Stomach or the Neck.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Okay yeah I just found an excerpt from the video. Hmm. It’s possible but for all we know the scene was just cut that way to build suspense. It wouldn’t be the first time a trailer did this. The fight could easily go on after that point with Jul getting wounded or even blocking the knife at the last possible second and getting away of his own volition or by means of some sort of distraction. I’m not saying he will or won’t get gutted here, but until I see a body I won’t be convinced that this is where he dies. Trailers are meant to build suspense and I doubt they would show us the death of somewhat of an important character in one.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m hoping we’re right. It looks like Jul is going to kick Locke. He could get away after this.
> > > And what about Raia irked you?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Though I acknowledge that Raia was intelligent to an extent her personality just bugged me. It seemed that she agreed with Jul’s lack of support for Thel but belittled any actual effort that he and Telcam put into planning for a coup. She seemed to always just look at it as boys playing with toys. There was an air of hypocrisy about her that I just didn’t get.
> >
> > Then there was the whole fiasco with accusing Telcam of doing something to Jul without any evidence whatsoever to lead her that level of suspicion. I understand that she was simply upset and wanted her husband back but the way she went about it was just silly. She sticks a gun in Telcam’s face while he is in the middle of a burgeoning civil war, trying to rally his troops and forces her way onto his ship. I don’t really know what she expected to happen. It wasn’t as if Telcam was going to stop his coup to go look for one person. I did find it funny that Telcam pretty much saw her as more of a nuisance than a valid threat. She forced her way into the middle of a battlefield with no good reason and got herself and poor old Forze killed.
> >

>
>
> Love does make you do stupid things :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol she was lucky that Telcam’s subordinates didn’t just blow her away on sight.