Jul 'Mdama after SO

What do you think Jul’s fate will be at the end of Spartan Ops? Will we kill him at the end of Season 1? Will he survive. to make it into Karen Traviss’ third book?

i hope we have like a big epic showdown with him a lot of covies and Promethean and the whole big army he has everything jsut pitted against us

Far be it they present him like his barely fleshed out associates, giving him a fuel rod gun and calling it a day.

343, I know you guys are capable of improving the AI, given the Prometheans, and that Elite Ranger on Composer who switches between his Storm Rifle and sword, cloaking in and out.

Jul needs to have something unique, not just a sword and fast running feet. This could be the opportunity to throw in things like dual wielding swords, the Sangheili point defense gauntlet, the curveblade, etc. Not to mention distinct AI behavior.

Sword Elites are nothing to be feared nowadays. You can jump over them and assassinate. You can maintain the high ground and just fire needlers into them. And no, giving them player capabilities like sword lunge is not the answer. That just makes them unpleasant. I wouldn’t want to fight an enemy like that again.

Remember what CE Zealots were like. Ferocious, persistent, compromising your position, not so fast that he could catch up to you in an instant but fast enough that he could close the distance. He was also dodgy in his initial pursuit. That’s what we need Jul to be, not the sword Elites we have now.

As for the canon, I hope he stays around longer. It’d suck to kill him off so early. He has the potential to be good. He’s enlightened, a little misguided, but that doesn’t mean he should be killed off.

> Far be it they present him like his associates, giving him a fuel rod gun and calling it a day.
>
> 343, I know you guys are capable of improving the AI, given the Prometheans, and that Elite Ranger on Composer who switches between his Storm Rifle and sword, cloaking in and out.
>
> Jul needs to have something unique, not just a sword and fast running feet. This could be the opportunity to throw in things like dual wielding swords and the Sangheili point defense gauntlet. Not to mention distinct AI behavior. Sword Elites are nothing to be feared nowadays. You can jump over them and assassinate. You can maintain the high ground and just fire needlers into them. And no, giving them player capabilities like sword lunge is not the answer. That just makes them unpleasant.
>
> Remember what CE Zealots were like. Ferocious, persistent, compromising your position, not so fast that he could catch up to you in an instant but fast enough that he could close the distance. That’s what we need Jul to be.
>
> As for the canon, I hope he stays around longer. It’d suck to kill him off so early. He has the potential to be good. He’s enlightened, a little misguided, but that doesn’t mean he should be killed off.

couldn’t have said it any better

Why are you guys talking like they’re still working on it? As if they can go back and make changes. It’s done. Static. Can’t be edited. Locked. Whatever happens is what we’re getting.

Like everyone, I’m assuming, I hope it’s an epic showdown. I don’t wanna get too excited about it.

> Why are you guys talking like they’re still working on it? As if they can go back and make changes. It’s done. Static. Can’t be edited. Locked. Whatever happens is what we’re getting.
>
> Like everyone, I’m assuming, I hope it’s an epic showdown. I don’t wanna get too excited about it.

I think he’ll get killed in a cutscene.

> Why are you guys talking like they’re still working on it? As if they can go back and make changes. It’s done. Static. Can’t be edited. Locked. Whatever happens is what we’re getting.
>
> Like everyone, I’m assuming, I hope it’s an epic showdown. I don’t wanna get too excited about it.

Like they’ve really finished all of the seasons. Afaik, only season 1 is done.

> Far be it they present him like his barely fleshed out associates, giving him a fuel rod gun and calling it a day.
>
> 343, I know you guys are capable of improving the AI, given the Prometheans, and that Elite Ranger on Composer who switches between his Storm Rifle and sword, cloaking in and out.
>
> Jul needs to have something unique, not just a sword and fast running feet. This could be the opportunity to throw in things like dual wielding swords, the Sangheili point defense gauntlet, the curveblade, etc. Not to mention distinct AI behavior.
>
> Sword Elites are nothing to be feared nowadays. You can jump over them and assassinate. You can maintain the high ground and just fire needlers into them. And no, giving them player capabilities like sword lunge is not the answer. That just makes them unpleasant. I wouldn’t want to fight an enemy like that again.
>
> Remember what CE Zealots were like. Ferocious, persistent, compromising your position, not so fast that he could catch up to you in an instant but fast enough that he could close the distance. He was also dodgy in his initial pursuit. That’s what we need Jul to be, not the sword Elites we have now.
>
> As for the canon, I hope he stays around longer. It’d suck to kill him off so early. He has the potential to be good. He’s enlightened, a little misguided, but that doesn’t mean he should be killed off.

This

Showdown at the end, and you must assassinate him.

I hope they don’t kill him, he has so much potential as an antagonist.

It’d be far more interesting to have an interesting story for who he is.

Random cool speculation:
The arbiter returns in Halo 5 in some form, and we begin our pursuit of Jul, who escaped Requiem in the end of spartan ops.

The infinity lets the Arbiter on board to brief him on this Covenant splinter group… plot twist!

“That is my brother.” Says the Arbiter in his -Yoink!- voice.

As the Halo 5 campaign progresses, we pursue Jul to a Halo, where the 2nd half of the campaign takes place as Jul tries to fire the Halo in a last ditch effort for salvation, bringing us back to the forerunner object that started this franchise.

Then when the 2 finally meet, we have a super dramatic cut scene which leads to Jul’s death at the end of Halo 5, and then we hear the Didacts voice, but Chief gets a dedicated message from Cortana because she is still on his armor.

BOOM Cliffhanger.

This ending would be ‘we did it! Happy cliffhanger I’m so excited to continue!’, where as Halo 4 was ‘We did it… but it was sad. I want to continue to seek closure.’

Of course I’m just making this all up, but the above scenario is WAY more interesting and gratifying than the feelings we would get from killing Jul in a SpOps mission.

>

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still working on it as we speak, aren’t their like 5 more episodes for this season? And there is no achievements for it so we have no indication that they are just hanging out releasing an episode every monday.

> I hope they don’t kill him, he has so much potential as an antagonist.
>
> It’d be far more interesting to have an interesting story for who he is.
>
> Random cool speculation:
> The arbiter returns in Halo 5 in some form, and we begin our pursuit of Jul, who escaped Requiem in the end of spartan ops.
>
> The infinity lets the Arbiter on board to brief him on this Covenant splinter group… plot twist!
>
> “That is my brother.” Says the Arbiter in his -Yoink!- voice.
>
> EDIT: during the Halo 5 campaign, we pursue Jul TO A HALO, bringing us back to the forerunner object that started this franchise.
>
> Then when the 2 finally meet, we have a super dramatic cut scene which leads to Jul’s death at the end of Halo 5, and then we hear the Didacts voice, but Chief gets a dedicated message from Cortana because she is still on his armor.
>
> BOOM Cliffhanger.
>
>
> Of course I’m just making this all up, but the above scenario is WAY more interesting and gratifying than the feelings we would get from killing Jul in a SpOps mission.
>
>
>
> > Why are you guys talking like they’re still working on it? As if they can go back and make changes. It’s done. Static. Can’t be edited. Locked. Whatever happens is what we’re getting.
> >
> > Like everyone, I’m assuming, I hope it’s an epic showdown. I don’t wanna get too excited about it.
>
> I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still working on it as we speak, aren’t their like 5 more episodes for this season? And there is no achievements for it so we have no indication that they are just hanging out releasing an episode every monday.

My god please be a writer. That sounds like an AMAZING plot.

Forget about Jul… what about Thel 'Vadam?(The Arbiter from Halo 2/3?)

> > …
>
> …

Why thank you :smiley: haha. I went back and read it and got all giddy thinking about it, even though it’s my own random dump bucket of ideas.

Also I had a few edits too! Incase you missed them :stuck_out_tongue:

Arbiter needs to make a grand entrance and they duke it out with epic music! Then End of Halo 5 lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have him be a main antagonist in the Requiem trilogy, and not a stupid Elite General with a Fuel Rod Cannon in Spartan Ops. Jul 'Mdama has what it takes to be a good antagonist opposing against the Master Chief. I say his character shouldn’t be wasted in Spartan Ops.

> I’d rather have him be a main antagonist in the Requiem trilogy, and not a stupid Elite General with a Fuel Rod Cannon in Spartan Ops. Jul 'Mdama has what it takes to be a good antagonist opposing against the Master Chief. I say his character shouldn’t be wasted in Spartan Ops.

They would have a very good opportunity to built him up as a true threat by having him kill members of Majestic or something.

If you read my above post, I agree he’d be wasted if used in Spartan Ops.

Halo 5’s story is COMPLETELY unknown to us, and we need a bad guy. If Halo 5 brought the didact back as an enemy immediately, it would kind of void Halo 4’s conclusion. Jul would provide a good enemy to move onto focusing on in order to build up the return of the Didact towards the end of the Halo 5 campaign.

He’d be a sort of “transition” enemy before we have another threat to the galaxy scenario (which I think would be the return of the Didact).
Kind of like the beginning half of Halo 4, we have no direct enemy other than general Covenant and Promethean Knights.
Or the beginning of Halo 2, we have no direct overall enemy until we’re more formally introduced to the prophets.
Even Halo CE, we had no direct enemy until Cortana lets us know the enemy is the ring itself.

> I’d rather have him be a main antagonist in the Requiem trilogy, and not a stupid Elite General with a Fuel Rod Cannon in Spartan Ops. Jul 'Mdama has what it takes to be a good antagonist opposing against the Master Chief. I say his character shouldn’t be wasted in Spartan Ops.

Jul, surpass the Didact? I can live with that. The Didact is overhyped and overpowered.

Jul is a way better character right now.

Maybe they should re-introduce the dual-storyline aspect like in Halo 2 and have you play as Jul 'Mdame to figure out his story, position, and motives. Maybe they’ll also tell us what became of Thel 'Vadam.

EDIT: Made a terrible typo :frowning: