Josh Holmes Appreciation.

I just wanted to say I really appreciated Josh Holmes’ segment/letter to the competitive community that was in this weeks bulletin. In retrospect I understand what he was trying to get across to the audience.

We’re good dude.

While I appreciate him making that statement, we’ll be good when we get a Halo game. Halo 5 is their last chance.

> I just wanted to say I really appreciated Josh Holmes’ segment/letter to the competitive community that was in this weeks bulletin. In retrospect I understand what he was trying to get across to the audience.
>
> We’re good dude.

Takes a big man to post what you posted :slight_smile:

Kudos to you.

> While I appreciate him making that statement, we’ll be good when we get a Halo game. Halo 5 is their last chance.

Halo 6 is their second from last chance.

All honesty I am not good. Good job sucking up/fixing a mistake.

My issue is that his letter in a not was this. “Everything I said at the GDC I didn’t mean. Sorry I had the wrong script”.

My issue is that he was contradictory to. I want halo to be accessible but I am listening to the community when most are saying is doesn’t need to be accessible. Part of halo is learning. Its not about the instant gratification, its about getting better and earning the victory at the end of the game.

The whole reason I love halo is because when I first picked it up it was my first fps and all my enjoyment came from earning the kill and getting better. Going from getting 1 kill to 15 deaths to 15 kills and 1 death. That’s the whole point.

The issue is that 343 don’t seam to get it. They seam to try only their new stuff and procrastinate on the old stuff the community is asking for.

I hate whats happening to halo and I hope they fix it, even though they won’t. Most of the fan base has left, about 85%. And I think when destiny comes out, I know where all the halo fans will be.

> All honesty I am not good. Good job sucking up/fixing a mistake.
>
> My issue is that his letter in a not was this. “Everything I said at the GDC I didn’t mean. Sorry I had the wrong script”.
>
> My issue is that he was contradictory to. I want halo to be accessible but I am listening to the community when most are saying is doesn’t need to be accessible. Part of halo is learning. Its not about the instant gratification, its about getting better and earning the victory at the end of the game.
>
> The whole reason I love halo is because when I first picked it up it was my first fps and all my enjoyment came from earning the kill and getting better. Going from getting 1 kill to 15 deaths to 15 kills and 1 death. That’s the whole point.
>
> The issue is that 343 don’t seam to get it. They seam to try only their new stuff and procrastinate on the old stuff the community is asking for.
>
> I hate whats happening to halo and I hope they fix it, even though they won’t. Most of the fan base has left, about 85%. And I think when destiny comes out, I know where all the halo fans will be.

Once you understand that 343i, not us, own the IP, then it all becomes liberating.

If you and others do not like Halo, then you will move to something that you do like and Halo will die.

BTW: Enjoy Destiny :slight_smile: