Joseph Staten underused in the Halo Universe?

I am just wondering if other people feel Joseph Staten should have more involvement again in the Halo Universe ( I am aware he’s working for Microsoft) .All of his great involvement with Halo 2 aside, Contact Harvest has always seemed incredibly undervalued. Reading Shadow of Intent for the first time it has become abundantly clear where Staten excels in the Halo Universe where so many other writers have been pedestrian.

1. He crafts interesting characters. Generally by giving them actual depth and relate able emotions. Sergeant Johnson, The Prophets and Tartarus characters became so much more after Contact Harvest. Beyond that he created really simple , but interesting new characters such as Macabus and the AI’s Sif and Mack.

2. He is very good at world building. Contact Harvest is a slightly longer book than the typical Halo book. Many people at the time seemed to criticize it for being slow by I believe its Staten’s details that truly bring life to the universe. He takes his time.

All in all I believe he should be recruited to have greater involvement in the Halo Universe because simply put he had a huge hand in initially shaping it. At the very least Staten should be asked to do a full length novel.

> 2535465364486894;1:
> I am just wondering if other people feel Joseph Staten should have more involvement again in the Halo Universe ( I am aware he’s working for Microsoft) .All of his great involvement with Halo 2 aside, Contact Harvest has always seemed incredibly undervalued. Reading Shadow of Intent for the first time it has become abundantly clear where Staten excels in the Halo Universe where so many other writers have been pedestrian.
>
> 1. He crafts interesting characters. Generally by giving them actual depth and relate able emotions. Sergeant Johnson, The Prophets and Tartarus characters became so much more after Contact Harvest. Beyond that he created really simple , but interesting new characters such as Macabus and the AI’s Sif and Mack.
>
> 2. He is very good at world building. Contact Harvest is a slightly longer book than the typical Halo book. Many people at the time seemed to criticize it for being slow by I believe its Staten’s details that truly bring life to the universe. He takes his time.
>
> All in all I believe he should be recruited to have greater involvement in the Halo Universe because simply put he had a huge hand in initially shaping it. At the very least Staten should be asked to do a full length novel.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

Contact harvest is the only book that isn’t boring, besides the original 3 books. The flood being my favorite for personal reasons.

Wasn’t Joe Staten the main writer for Halo 1-3?

I hope people remember Joseph Staten might not want to continue working on Halo, but maybe he wants to move on.

> 2533274801679486;4:
> Wasn’t Joe Staten the main writer for Halo 1-3?

Apologies because I was not clear. I am aware he was the creative lead on Halo 1-3 , I meant his contribution to the expanded universe outside the games. He has the
perfect tone and feel for the universe because he and Nylund probably had the largest hands in creating it.

> 2533274829152751;5:
> I hope people remember Joseph Staten might not want to continue working on Halo, but maybe he wants to move on.

That is entirely possible, however it should be noted that he just recently contributed to the universe writing the Shadow of Intent , so I believe some level of interest is there and if there is interest in working on a future novel(s) , 343 should be actively perusing it.

While I have been intrigued over the last 6 years of 343’s work in terms of the novels they’ve produced, other than Greg Bear’s Forerunner Trilogy and Last Light by Troy Denning the writing has been filled with promising and interesting concepts , but ultimately shoddy execution. Hunters in the Dark being one of the clear cut examples for me.