Joseph Staten for Halo 6

I’m just writing this topic to express my opinion that Joseph staten should be brought on as the lead writer for halo 6. The halo 5 story was decent but fell flat compared to other entries under his expertise. I don’t know if Microsoft or 343i will see this but if you do, please take this into account because the ONLY complaint I had about halo 5 was the story that seemingly retconned halo 4 and though it brought a good story arc, wasn’t as enjoyable or deep as past halo entries that were steeped in the overarching themes and mythology that the early halo titles did so well. I think halo has suffered a great deal trying to re-invent itself and is finally doing a good job and that a halo 6 fronted by Joseph Staten will be the final thing that makes Halo itself again.

Halo 5’s story was barely serviceable.

> 2533274890558879;2:
> Halo 5’s story was barely serviceable.

I liked the missions on Sanghelios seeing Arby and his war was cool, the last 2 missions were good too, those were the only times a felt a story otherwise, meh.

I think the story arc was good, but the presentation was weak at best. Two teams of characters that we barely know or care about, john’s relationship with his team is a massive part of how he got to where he is but if you haven’t read the book you wouldn’t know or care at all about them. I like the pull John is feeling about cortana, that gave some emotion to the story, but the epic scale they marketed was missed. I’d like to see a change for halo 6 for sure.

Whomever did the advertisement could write a better story than whomever was h5s lead writer.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Whomever did the advertisement could write a better story than whomever was h5s lead writer.

The person who wrote the story was brain reed. God he sucked!

Campaign was bad. I want to do something that matters, something that feels big and amazing and feel awesome doing it.

Man, Halo 5 story was not even close to decent, it was just awful. We were lied by the ads, and we deserve something better

I liked this games story but it was missing bits of info I think they could add an expansion or something…Team Osiris was cool…I like agent Locke but you know…They could have shown or developed his character more like shown how he tried to assassinate arbiter…I have no problem with Locke being the majority of the lead role…But a lot of the game lacks relativeness…They toned down the gore a tad bit too which is aigggght but okay…Like a lot of places in the campaign are not in the multiplayer arena and warzone…It needs more maps MORE maps…If this game had more maps than it’s predecessors than it would be a lot more popular in my opinion…Needs a tad bit more content and the UI is bad…But they did a really great job at balancing things etc…Just needs more content…The medals and accessibility…etc…They are trying to control the population they need to advertise and add more content and entice people and give incentives to make people want to play halo all I see is people getting pissed about req packs basically and I keep buying them -Yoink-…Just out of love for halo.

> 2652566566247386;4:
> I think the story arc was good, but the presentation was weak at best. Two teams of characters that we barely know or care about, john’s relationship with his team is a massive part of how he got to where he is but if you haven’t read the book you wouldn’t know or care at all about them. I like the pull John is feeling about cortana, that gave some emotion to the story, but the epic scale they marketed was missed. I’d like to see a change for halo 6 for sure.

This is pretty much how I feel

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Whomever did the advertisement could write a better story than whomever was h5s lead writer.

Microsoft did the advertisement for Halo 5

I think any fix for halo 5 is out of the question at this point, I mean, look at mcc. To drive a change we have to focus on halo 6 and making that redeem halo 5. They can re-use assets, they can do whatever as long as I get my damn story because I was never one for multiplayer other than couch co-op and they ditched that too. I think they need to take a good long look at halo’s 1-3, not even reach although it was good, they need to go back to basics and try again. It looks pretty, it sounds pretty, it plays pretty, but it is not in any shape or form a halo game at this point. It’s a lot like what Bethesda did to fallout 4, it’s an absolute gem if you like call of duty but other than gun-play it is absolutely devoid of the meticulous care that was put into its predecessors.

I personally thought theyre writing an interesting story. I had a problem with them not letting us know about the fireteams. I never read the books but ive read there wiki so i know theyre important characters but the average joe wouldnt know who they are. They should bring back joe as the older halos have an epicness i feel halo 4 and 5 both lacked

I’m afraid Joseph Staten is currently writing for one of Microsofts new franchises ‘ReCore’ at the moment, so I don’t see him writing Halo 6 but perhaps in the future after that game. Personally, I think it should be interesting to see what he can do with a brand new franchise

A potato could write a campaign to top 5’s.