Joins in Progress > Habitual Quitting?

Since the “official” ban thread is so completely useless at stating anything beyond “our automated system is flawless, so if you’re not wrong, you’re still wrong”, I’m making a new thread for this.

I am a habitual quitter. Why? Because:

1. There is NOTHING in game stating that it’s against the rules.

2. I get easily frustrated playing this game, most of the time I don’t just die in game and say “Hey, you know what? Props to that guy. He killed me fair and square.” I don’t know if it’s just the core mechanics of the game, or me being a -Yoink-. Doubt I’m the only one though.

3. I figured the join-in-progress system would nullify the need for quit-banning. And I’m DEFINITELY not the only one who thinks/thought so.

4. How the hell is quitting “unsportsmanlike”? When did this entire game turn into a “sport”? I’m playing a game for entertainment ffs. If I’m not having fun, I’M GOING TO LEAVE, as would anybody else. I’m not going to suffer and anger myself through a match when I feel that I’m not having fun.

I want to know why 343 still implemented this quit-banning. It’s counter productive, and solves nothing.

And I would like to know how long it lasts, because the game says nothing about it.

Basketball is a game

basketball is a sport

sport [spawrt, spohrt]
1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
2.a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.
<mark>3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.</mark>

If throwing a ball into a metal ring counts as a sport then I think Halo certainly does.

Don’t like quit ban? Then don’t be a little sensitive sally and quit.

I downloaded the crimson dlc for free I go into BTB and thats all people damn pick are the new maps and I dont even like any of them!. So I quit right at the beginning not half way through or when we start losing. And I get the most terrible teammates that dont help worth a -Yoink- and it pisses me off beyond belief so I quit then too.

I dont think you should have a “timeout” or temp ban for quitting especially since they added the AMAZING JiP which everytime I get put in a game because of that crap its a team getting creamed.

I quit 1/4 of my matches, < not banned

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Complete logical fallacy.
A sport may be a diversion, but a diversion is not a sport. Smart guy.
I don’t think I have to explain that one to you. Halo isn’t a sport, unless you’re a fat waste of life who thinks he’s “MLG” and gets his daily bit of finger exercise through Halo.

And if you’re going to tell me to deal with it, don’t bother replying.

So can anybody actually counter my sound logic?

This is the first time I’ve even heard of a quit ban in Halo 4. I’ve quit plenty of times and I haven’t seen it.

> This is the first time I’ve even heard of a quit ban in Halo 4. I’ve quit plenty of times and I haven’t seen it.

Exactly my point. Nobody knows it exists. I quit half (really) of the games I play, because half of them SUCK. That doesn’t make me a -Yoink-, that just means I know what I want from a mode of entertainment.

> I downloaded the crimson dlc for free I go into BTB and thats all people damn pick are the new maps and I dont even like any of them!. So I quit right at the beginning not half way through or when we start losing. And I get the most terrible teammates that dont help worth a Yoink! and it pisses me off beyond belief so I quit then too.
>
> I dont think you should have a “timeout” or temp ban for quitting especially since they added the AMAZING JiP which everytime I get put in a game because of that crap its a team getting creamed.

yea i usually join loseing games as well but 80% of the time i end up comeing back and bringing the team to victory.

“Rage-quitting” is unsportsmaslike, since it means you can’t deal with the fact that you’re losing, or that somebody might be better than you.

However, quitting because of crippling lag is another story. Sometimes you’ll get dropped into a game and the lag is just unbearable. At that point, quitting will be doing your team a favor, since you probably won’t be contributing much, and if you quit, maybe somebody will join that’s not lagging all over the place. Also, I don’t think anyone can blame you for quitting when JIP puts you in a crappy situatuion (like joining a game of CTF where your down 4-0).

The only time I do anything resembling “rage-quitting” is when I’m stuck with terrible teammates, especially in objective games. You know those time when you get halfway through a game of CTF and realize that your teammates aren’t even trying to get the flag, they’re just trying to pad their K/D ratio? Yeah, at that point I’ll usually decide these idiots aren’t worth my time and just drop out.

> Complete logical fallacy.
> A sport may be a diversion, but a diversion is not a sport. Smart guy.
> I don’t think I have to explain that one to you. Halo isn’t a sport, unless you’re a fat waste of life who thinks he’s “MLG” and gets his daily bit of finger exercise through Halo.
>
> And if you’re going to tell me to deal with it, don’t bother replying.
>
> So can anybody actually counter my sound logic?

meh I consider it a sport, it requires skill and is of a competitive nature I use for recreation and is a pleasant pastime. Just like the definition says.

Plus if putting a worm on a hook and sticking it in the water is considered a sport (see the definition) then why isn’t Halo?

Either way its certainly better than watching a bunch of muscular guys in spandex pants grapple each other while they fight over a little ball. but :shrugs: if thats your thing LOL

Plus unlike “real” sports there is no chance of physical injury. Id rather not risk tearing something or get paralyzed in the pursuit of competitive fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMklSv_VlxE

sports are just a waste of time with the risk of permanent disability. If you want to stay in shape I suggest the gym, much safer. And if you think I’m fat PM me a link to your facebook and I’ll friend you right now and you can see for yourself that I am far from fat lol

> “Rage-quitting” is unsportsmaslike, since it means you can’t deal with the fact that you’re losing, or that somebody might be better than you.

Or, if you have AFK team mates, team mates who don’t focus on the goal, screw around etc. If it’s not fun, quit. Simple and effective logic. I play the game if it’s fun for me, I hold no loyalty to anyone.

alot of times that spot you left isnt filled. Your quitting punishes your teammates and causes them to have less fun. You punish your team 343i punishes you. Its only fair. If you are really rage quitting that much that your getting banned (which im guessing alot of people never heard of)you should probably learn to get better and carry your teammates. That or find another game to play. Maybe something with pwnies.

U mad bro? tuff.

> > “Rage-quitting” is unsportsmaslike, since it means you can’t deal with the fact that you’re losing, or that somebody might be better than you.
>
> Or, if you have AFK team mates, team mates who don’t focus on the goal, screw around etc. If it’s not fun, quit. Simple and effective logic. I play the game if it’s fun for me, I hold no loyalty to anyone.

See the last paragraph of my post. If your team is terrible, I don’t really have a problem with it.

I never stay in JIP marches that has my team 300 points behind. it’s just dumb the game would even think that is a good JIP.

But w/e I’ve avoided most JIP scenarios now by switching my network before it throws me into a BS JIP game. I won’t and don’t take crap. I keep doing the network trick until the game finally gets a clue I want to start matches from the start. Not midway through where 1 team has all their power weapons already ready to blast anyone that joins.

lol i’ve quit out of more matches in halo 4 so far as I did in my entire 5 year career of halo 3.

> > > “Rage-quitting” is unsportsmaslike, since it means you can’t deal with the fact that you’re losing, or that somebody might be better than you.
> >
> > Or, if you have AFK team mates, team mates who don’t focus on the goal, screw around etc. If it’s not fun, quit. Simple and effective logic. I play the game if it’s fun for me, I hold no loyalty to anyone.
>
> See the last paragraph of my post. If your team is terrible, I don’t really have a problem with it.

don’t care

You quit too much. Quitting half your games is childish. Grow up.

I quit when
a) a teammate knocks me out of the way and blatantly steals my ordinance
b) an enemy camps with sword and invis for 5 minutes
c) a clan is 500 points ahead and spawn killing us

We all have our reasons. But 50% quit rate, you deserve to be temp-banned. Get the message, dude. Stop posting about it.

I rage quit ALL the time. My team usually doesn’t miss me either.

Only times I quit a match;
Extreme lag porting = quit
Groups of betrayers = quit
Exploit abusing players = quit
Real Life needing my attention = quit
To tired to play on = quit.

Otherwise I pretty much stick it out as far as I can. Even if im on a losing team or getting wiped constantly. Its just good manners to wait till the end of round and then leave or wait for the teams to balance out next round.

I never left a game in Reach. It was unsportsman. I came to play, and not constantly seek new games because i’m suddenly 1 vs 8 vehicles.

The join in progress is most useful at the beginning of matches, but has helped my teams mid-game.

The join in progress changes my outlook on quitting only slightly. Now the only time i’ll quit is if real life needs my attention. I think this is a decent list for Halo 4 behavior:

> Only times I quit a match;
> Extreme lag porting = quit
> Groups of betrayers = quit
> Exploit abusing players = quit
> Real Life needing my attention = quit
> To tired to play on = quit.