Joining Losing Games

I seem to be joining more and more games that are almost over, mostly on the losing team and rarely on a winning team. I join a game and usually its at the 18 minute mark and the difference in the points are something ridiculous like 800 to 200 or something, and other times i join a somewhat fresh game and the enemy team has all the bases and are at REQ level 3 billion. Joining losing games are not fun. 343 does have the ‘ban rule’ but how effective is it in stopping rage quitting? Should rage quitters have to face a more severe consequences? I know there are people who actually have a legitimate reason to leave a game (ie wife slipped on banana peel, my house is on fire) but how would 343 fix this?

Penalize people if too many left at the same time?

This is happening to me way too often now. That and the messed up spawn points on warzone. Idlers who are shooting every minute to avoid being AFK just stay way back on the map and you spawn with them.

Had a game of war zone last night where I didn’t even get to spawn before the core was destroyed.

Rage quitting is just part of the art of gaming and it is something that will never go away either so might as well deal with it cause there is no practical way to combat it without harsh negative reaction from bystanders suffering from it as well

> 2533274880633045;4:
> Had a game of war zone last night where I didn’t even get to spawn before the core was destroyed.

Well at least you get the points for it lol

> 2533274971565732;1:
> I seem to be joining more and more games that are almost over, mostly on the losing team and rarely on a winning team. I join a game and usually its at the 18 minute mark and the difference in the points are something ridiculous like 800 to 200 or something, and other times i join a somewhat fresh game and the enemy team has all the bases and are at REQ level 3 billion. Joining losing games are not fun. 343 does have the ‘ban rule’ but how effective is it in stopping rage quitting? Should rage quitters have to face a more severe consequences? I know there are people who actually have a legitimate reason to leave a game (ie wife slipped on banana peel, my house is on fire) but how would 343 fix this?

Its not exclusive to Halo. I’ve been dumped in losing games since I first started online gaming in 2002 with Medal of Honour: Allied Assault. And generally it is because of AFKs or Rage Quitters.

Halo have the Banhammer penalty in place. Its more effective than you think. Being dumped into a losing game was far more common before penalties were introduced.

I have been on the receiving end of Mr Banhammer a few times. Having young kids means that when Chaos comes calling (often without warning) I go AFK. I rather go AFK than quit as always aim to return and carry on. Its the lesser evil compared to quitting. However if I take too long I get a size 343 boot up my rear end and out of the game as expected.

ive had this alot it’s annoying.

I’m all for joining losing games with no time left. Gimme dem req points!

343 can always make it so if you join a losing side and you have joined 5 mins or less and your side loses it doesn’t count as a loss on your record. Its the only way I can see this counteracted.

> 2535458298006257;6:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > Had a game of war zone last night where I didn’t even get to spawn before the core was destroyed.
>
>
> Well at least you get the points for it lol

111 points.

> 2535458298006257;6:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > Had a game of war zone last night where I didn’t even get to spawn before the core was destroyed.
>
>
> Well at least you get the points for it lol

That’s the only thing I like about it!

343 should make it so you only join the winning teams…

> 2601632999026533;13:
> 343 should make it so you only join the winning teams…

But statistically there is more probability of open spaces in a losing team.

Dude, joining losing games is part of the genius that is Halo 5.

> 2535439591027102;14:
> > 2601632999026533;13:
> > 343 should make it so you only join the winning teams…j
>
>
> But statistically there is more probability of open spaces in a losing team.

I know, but still, who likes joining a team getting beaten?!

I’m okay with JIP. It should stay as long as disconnects are a thing. Besides, joining a losing game isn’t necessarily going to end in a loss. I joined a losing game of BTB Strongholds (I think the score was around 0-40) and we ended up winning around 150-100. It was pretty great.

For me it’s just annoying when you use an xp or RP boost and then get thrown into an almost over game, and then basically get no real benefit from the boost.

I’m bad about starting games throwing on a boost and not paying attention to see if there’s a count down or not and get stuck in a game that’s half way through usually don’t mind cause I’ll get to start with my favorite load outs but then I don’t get the full boost credit

Well, I have been placed in losing games before, but most of the time, what I experience is a complete loss, with the other team destroying my team like 300-1000, or a couple of minutes into the game and our core gets destroyed. This is most of my experience in warzone.