Joining in game

Does anyone know about the joining in game, because i don’t really actually like the idea of it unless i have the option to join in game and i to know what 343 is doing this or not as i have heard rumors. So if anyone knows plz help

I don’t think joining active games works with Halo like it does in CoD, at least in a competitive fashion. The only place I could see game joining appropriate would be in the social setting, especially the bigger team playlists.

First of all , Welcome to the Forums !
Well 343 added the Join Session In Progress Feature for War Games (Matchmaking), you can pretty much join a game that is already in progress , but if you don’t like that new option , you can turn it off so you can search for a full game just like in the older Halo games .

> Does anyone know about the joining in game, because i don’t really actually like the idea of it unless i have the option to join in game and i to know what 343 is doing this or not as i have heard rumors. So if anyone knows plz help

Alright for the new join in progress system, it will NOT be in every playlist and will be clearly marked which playlist contains the feature that allows you to join games currently underway. It be good for pubs but not so much for something geared towards ranked/competitiveness.

What i am not so sure of is the improvements that 343 made this system. In other shooters (not just COD), the biggest problem with it is that it puts in matches that are already over and when you join, it’s counts as a loss despite you not doing a single thing. It is very annoying to deal with.

However, if 343 could somehow create a certain threshold/limit to when a player can join a game based upon how much time is left and the score, it could drastically improve the join in progress system and stop all this hate about it (E.G LOLOLOL COD 4 IN SPACE LOLOL)

For example, a game with a minute or two left or a game that’s 45 to 48. Or 20/70 in BTB game.

You wouldn’t be able to join these games because they already met the criteria of being almost finished. Therefore, you wouldn’t join these games and suffer a loss.

Edit: We can toggle Join in progress? Woah…

That’s what 343i does to these systems.
The infection system, now it calculates who should be the newest zombie and who should be the human.

Since join in progress is confirmed, there better not be any punishment for quitting.

I will not stand for joining games either 99-X, where it will end within 10 seconds of my join, or 99-10, where a BTB clan is running the ship.

Some playlists will have them. Others won’t.

That’s just about all I heard about this feature. My bet is that we’ll see it in the Flood playlist.

Sorry dude, 343 said there is no join in progress.

> Sorry dude, 343 said there is no join in progress.

Sorry dude, it’s in the game. 343 confirmed this a LONG time ago.

> > Sorry dude, 343 said there is no join in progress.
>
> Sorry dude, it’s in the game. 343 confirmed this a LONG time ago.

Evidence?

Been well documented it’s confirmed not to be in the game.

> Since join in progress is confirmed, there better not be any punishment for quitting.
>
> I will not stand for joining games either 99-X, where it will end within 10 seconds of my join, or 99-10, where a BTB clan is running the ship.

I would definitely not stay in a game like that.

Joins game

Sees Score

Leaves.

> > > Sorry dude, 343 said there is no join in progress.
> >
> > Sorry dude, it’s in the game. 343 confirmed this a LONG time ago.
>
> Evidence?
>
> Been well documented it’s confirmed not to be in the game.

Lol you will see when the game comes out , you will say hello to Join Session In Progress :slight_smile:

> > > Sorry dude, 343 said there is no join in progress.
> >
> > Sorry dude, it’s in the game. <mark>343 confirmed this a LONG time ago.</mark>
>
> Evidence?
>
> Been well documented it’s confirmed not to be in the game.

It is in the game and like A Critical H1t said it was confirmed a long time ago.

Would like to be proved otherwise please!

I love this idea i don’t have to be on my friends team all the time.

The best part about this is that you don’t have to join in game, but if you lose someone in on your team, I’m sure someone else will be using the new feature. Given if trueskill works, this also wont be much of a problem.

> The best part about this is that you don’t have to join in game, but if you lose someone in on your team, I’m sure someone else will be using the new feature. <mark>Given if trueskill works, this also wont be much of a problem.</mark>

Pray to the big Moa in the sky it works this time around. If you’re not the praying sort, then hope it does.