Joining Game in Progress

I’ve recently purchased Battlefield 3 (at $20 and trade-in on Amazon at $20.25…free rental basicaly). I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get into a game I want and half the time me and my bud find ourselves at the tail-end that all of the quitters didn’t want to endure which wastes our time. Quitting won’t cease or be solved with joining games in progress. It’ll only make matchmaking more difficult.

There’d better be a join new game option or I’m going to be pissed going through this in Halo 4.

There shoulden’t even be a join in progress system

I agree completely. The CoD system is horrible too. I join a game and sometimes I won’t even get to load the map before it puts everyone back in the lobby. I’d like to see a “Join New Game” option.

Yo yo,

I have Battlefield myself, and it is a quite annoying problem. But let me say that the online-system in general is f***ed up. There have been problems since the beta, there may have been improvements, but it’s still quite the same. The search-system only looks for available games that meets your settings, and doesn’t give a damn about your skill and rank.

Halo’s search-system at least tries to search for comparable ranked players and lays them in one pot. As you may know in all previous Halos it isn’t possible to join in progression, so if somebody goes out of the game, then you’ll have to take care of the dirty work. Most of the time, you’ll lose if you’re the minority.

I am really happy that 343 is introducing this system, no waiting time when wanting to join with friends, no need to be annoyed of quitters. Do you get my point, bro?

When you do join in game, I hope there is a system where it leans towards newer games you join. It is hard joining games in Battlefield 3, unless you do it through the games filter thingymobob.

And if there is ranked, it shouldn’t be in there at all obviously.

To chris0409,

I understand where you’re going with that and in a perfect world that’d be great. But you know well as I do the games you’d often be joining are games other people didn’t want to finish. If you can join friends that are down a player that’s cool but there’s also an abuse where a much higher level character can join in and murder what was a skill level balanced game.

Use the server browser, that’s what it’s there for.

As for Halo 4… I don’t even know how 343i are going to implement it in a way that isn’t annoying.

There is always something to complain about, true, but in Halo it isn’t really easy to rape the opponent’s team like in COD or BF. This new system will have it’s issues, for sure, but I think 343 will handle it, and make it better than the one in BF.

I support join in progress if its only in social lists.

> Yo yo,
>
> I am really happy that 343 is introducing this system, no waiting time when wanting to join with friends, no need to be annoyed of quitters. Do you get my point, bro?
>
>
> 0409

I hear ya bro! I’m all for any system that eliminates the need to ban people.

Join in progress is a good idea to fill in the gaps of people who dashboard/quit because they don’t like the map or got booted at the beginning of the game. I personally don’t want to join games in progress, but it will be really nice to have people plugged in just because somebody threw a fit and quit because they got CTF instead of Slayer.

It depends on how it is implemented and if its only in this playlist and not that one …

Only time will tell …