join the cause against 343s GDC statements

I posted this in the “What a joke” thread, but thought it might deserve its own topic, because many might not be frequenting that thread anymore. Here’s a way you can show your support for a competitive core component in Halo. Whether casual, social, or competitive, I’m sure many can agree the direction 343 has chosen is the wrong direction for Halo. Let them know what you think!

> I’ve thought of a way we can show that we are a part of the movement against these statements made at GDC:
>
> I’ve uploaded a screenshot to my fileshare. It pictures a man standing up out of a wheelchair with the caption “we can stand.” That is also the name of the image.
>
> The description reads: “343s statements at GDC were unacceptable. Halo’s learning curve and skill gap should not be diminished. Arena competition is key.”
>
> I figured we could all upload it to our fileshares similar to how some movements and causes wear ribbons of certain colors to display they’re a part of the movement.
>
> This way, if we spread the word, we can show how many people agree with us.
>
> Here it is in my fileshare: LINK
>
> Thanks!

Tell your friends and share it with the other online communities you’re a part of if you agree! Thanks again!

The GDC thread still exists. Your post belongs there, making another thread dedicated to the exact same topic is pointless.

And 343 isn’t some dictatorship. While some (if not all) of the comments made at the GDC were off by a large margin, they’ve still answered things. Josh Holmes in particular.

I honestly think this is an over reaction.

They didn’t tell us anything we already didn’t know. We knew why they made the changes they did. We knew from day one, even if defending fanboys disagreed with us.

I do believe Halo needs a competitive core. I also believe it SHOULD be more accessible. Being more accessible doesn’t necessarily mean dumbing down the entire game, it just means making it easier for players to come into the game.

stop trying to big yourself up the " what a joke " thread us alive and kicking as well you know. it’s about halo not you show boating.

> I posted this in the “What a joke” thread, but thought it might deserve its own topic, <mark>because many might not be frequenting that thread anymore</mark>.

That means it’s probably run it’s course. Don’t flog a dead horse.

EDIT: Just seen that topic on the front page - it’s still going strong, so I don’t know why you felt the need to post this.

> The GDC thread still exists. Your post belongs there, making another thread dedicated to the exact same topic is pointless.

Exactly. This will probably get locked.

What is this, Star Wars?

Are 343 the Empire and the Community the Rebels?

While I agree that Halo’s skill gap should not be lowered, We don’t need another thread about this topic.

Plus some people here are being far to melodramatic about this.

This thread, though it has a similar subject to the other, has a more specific goal. That thread informs people about the statements made, and this one gives them the opportunity to show thier support for the movement against what 343 has stated is their new direction for Halo. If monitors decide that distiction isn’t enough than so be it.

Dude… I have issues with this.

Firstly, I don’t agree with getting the community all fired up, like what happened after the GDC, that’s not the best way to fix things. We don’t need the forums to fill up to the brim with angry posts.

We all need to calm down, and think calmly, and calmly point out what’s wrong with the game, and give ideas on how to fix it. Getting the community fired up and just posting problems, and not having a calm head and posting ideas on how to fix things.

But like A Blues fan sated, lets not flog a dead horse, it doesn’t always work out well.

Unfortunately, as the others and you yourself have pointed out, there already is a topic for this so feel free to continue discussing this there :slight_smile:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst198101_Response-to-GDC-Panel--What--A--Joke.aspx

> Dude… I have issues with this.
>
> Firstly, I don’t agree with getting the community all fired up, like what happened after the GDC, that’s not the best way to fix things. We don’t need the forums to fill up to the brim with angry posts.
>
> We all need to calm down, and think calmly, and calmly point out what’s wrong with the game, and give ideas on how to fix it. Getting the community fired up and just posting problems, and not having a calm head and posting ideas on how to fix things.
>
> But like A Blues fan sated, lets not flog a dead horse, it doesn’t always work out well.

I agree completely, I think people are overreacting now, sure the IMAGE was offensive but I think the poor guy has allready apologized so let it go.

The Halo we use to love is dead. deal with it.

Honestly I think the other GDC thread is enough. The thing is about to hit 70 pages long, and it’s been up for less than a week. That alone says a lot more than spreading that forge screen shot around. Also, I’m not sure what people want 343 to even say about this. Do people just want them to say “Sorry, we made a mistake, and we did not understand our player base the way we thought we did.” ? Or are players looking for physical changes in the game itself? Descoping, visible in game ranks, press a button to pick up the flag, being able to drop the flag, adding an option to disable sprint, spectator mode… All of these things were said by 343 that they’re not going to happen, so I’m not sure what we’re trying to accomplish with this thread and the GDC thread.

For the record, yes I felt sick to my stomach when I head some of their intentions to turn Halo into a cupcake experience across the board. So yes, I was pissed about this, but when I thought about what 343 already said in regards to a lot of the competitive community’s wants and needs and how they’re not going to happen in Halo 4, all I could do was play Halo 4, or not play Halo 4 (I’m still playing daily). Maybe these massive complaint threads will serve greatly for shaping Halo 5, sure, but I’m just not certain what it can do for the current state of Halo 4, outside of getting some sort of a public apology.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember Frank O’Connor saying that the 343 team felt they could do a lot better, and that Halo 4 wasn’t up to the high standard that the series demands. Maybe in this statement he was talking about the mistake of making this game too easy, and focusing on progression style ranks. Maybe that was the apology we were looking for? Also I do seem to remember interviews with Kiki wolfkill stating that 343 planned to make this game much more accessible through in game prompts, voice over announcements, and general multiplayer mechanics. After hearing that, I kind of had a hunch as to the direction this game was going in.

So this all sucks to hear 343 admit turning this game in to a cupcake version of Halo 4, but my honest question to you, and to other players on these boards is what do you guys want, or expect from 343 to fix this situation? Can anything be done, or are these discussions just fodder to make sure Halo 5 and Halo 6 don’t make the same mistakes?