Join in Progress should be turned off

I think everyone can agree that joining a game where the other team is already setup and killing you is never fun.

I’ve noticed that it’s just not good in playlist like infinity slayer and capture the flag.

I suggest that 343i should turn off jip on all playlists except Griffball, Big Team Battle, and Flood.

Thoughts?

There should be an option to toggle it off, but I think that it should remain.

Here’s a tip if you don’t want to join a game in progress. When you pick a playlist you’ll notice that if the lobby you just joined shows peoples player-cards and can see players Spartans right away, then that means you’re joining a game in progress. If you find a game and all the player-cards say “Incoming”, then that means you be playing a fresh new match.

Here’s the tip. If you don’t want to join a game that’s in progress do this.

Once you get into a lobby where you can see the players’ player-cards do this right away.
Step 1) Press Start and head to Network
Step 2) Press My Xbox 360
Step 3) Press Xbox Live
Well if that wasn’t clear enough. Just watch this video lol.

JiP has been part of online FPS games long before it was added to halo and I am glad it was finally added. Im glad I dont have to play a full match 2v4 now a days.

If it goes then we just get the quitting problem in Throwdown or In Reach. JIP is a must even if it isnt perfect.

As much as I hate it in certain Playlists, it has really proven itself worthy in others. Infinity Slayer and Big Team Infinity Slayer, I think should keep it. Its 343’s take on a “New Slayer Experience” and it fits in the playlist along side Instant Respawn, Death Cams etc.

But playlists like SWAT and CTF, and any Future “Hardcore Slayer” style playlists should not have Join in Progress.

I have yet to quit In-Game. I see people quitting out of 6 out of 10 matches and it’s terrible.

The quit penalty needs to incorporate Loss of XP or SR ranking to keep people from quitting without consequence.

> There should be an option to toggle it off, but I think that it should remain.

That , also polishing it so that you won’t join a game that is literally ending .

> Here’s a tip if you don’t want to join a game in progress. When you pick a playlist you’ll notice that if the lobby you just joined shows peoples player-cards and can see players Spartans right away, then that means you’re joining a game in progress. If you find a game and all the player-cards say “Incoming”, then that means you be playing a fresh new match.
>
> Here’s the tip. If you don’t want to join a game that’s in progress do this.
>
> Once you get into a lobby where you can see the players’ player-cards do this right away.
> Step 1) Press Start and head to Network
> Step 2) Press My Xbox 360
> Step 3) Press Xbox Live
> Well if that wasn’t clear enough. Just watch this video lol.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFB5SlKAqIE

Got banned for an hour doing that

There are playlists that JIP does not belong in, I agree. However, I’ve noticed more in Team Throwdown than any other playlists people quitting before the match even starts. This is the reason JIP was implemented: it gives teams a chance when they would inherently have a disadvantage. I wish we didn’t need JIP in the first place, as quitting in matches should be a bit more strictly enforced. I know that disconnections happen [I’ve had a few myself], but there should be some way to identify quitters faster.

Since it’s seemingly here to stay, I would like to see it implemented at varying degrees. Anything tagged with “Infinity” should keep it as is. Objective and CTF a little less weight. Throwdown and other classic style playlists should have none, or very very little.

I think its funny when I can go play halo 3 and find a game faster with no JiP…

but anyway JiP is pretty bad, usually you’ll join in a game when the score is 350/10 on the loosing team…half of the time I find myself joining in a game when I’m the only person on my team (wtf?!)