Join in Progress : Quit Hatin!

Personally, I think Join in Progress is one of the few things they added to Halo 4 that I am happy with.

Before JIP, I was constantly stuck in BTB at 4v8 due to rage quitters or people who were disconnected in the game lobby putting my team at an instant disadvantage.

Now, with JIP, the teams are almost always balanced. I say almost because with any newly implemented system there are flaws, i.e. games starting 1v5. But this is rare. It doesn’t take 9 years to find a game in BTB. And I think overall it has the potential to reduce the rate of quitting. People complaining about joining hopeless fights will soon learn that if they just play through the pain and finish the game, they will get to vote on and start a WHOLE NEW GAME!

What do you think?

Agreed.

The rage quitting was rampant in the older Halos. Not to mention, it took much longer to find games. Even though its not perfect, at least I don’t have to wait eons to play a BTB match.

I’d like the option to turn Join In Progress off. I would gladly take the extra time to find a new game than join in one that’s already started.

I sometimes get frustrated when I’m thrown into something like Regicide. It’s hard to catch up when the King already has 10 kills or so. Not that it’s impossible, but it’s annoying.

Games like Team Slayer I don’t mind joining too much, so long as my team has some points.

Big Team Slayer is hell to join, since the other team is usually already done winning.

Other than that, it isn’t too bad.

I actually joined a big team battle on valhalla mid game. My team was losing pretty bad, until I got 31 kills and we won by a mile.

Join in progress saved that team. (:

The thing I don’t don’t like about Join In Progress is getting stuck on a team that is so far behind there is now change of winning.

I dont mind it but i do want quiters to get some form of punishment. I find it stupud that if your team has a bad start and your only down 3-4 kills and you lose 2 teamates cause they think there screwed, they should lose ex or bring in the Halo Reach game ban. Iv come back from being down kills many times but with there being no punishment quitters just run simply cause they think there screwed. The hardcore gamer seems to be dying off in these last few years

> The thing I don’t don’t like about Join In Progress is getting stuck on a team that is so far behind there is now change of winning.

Yea, but that would already happen if half your team quits out. And it happened a LOT in older Halo games. Usually more for BTB games though.

> Even though its not perfect, at least I don’t have to wait eons to play a BTB match.

Search with a full party and I guarantee you won’t be saying this. Search times are horrendous and a lot of times it starts you 8v2 or something ridiculous like that.

Well 343 apparently thinks that it’s an excuse to start a game with 8 vs. 3, so yeah, it kind of sucks.

I would rather start a new game then join one where my team is already down 30 kills.

> > Even though its not perfect, at least I don’t have to wait eons to play a BTB match.
>
> Search with a full party and I guarantee you won’t be saying this. Search times are horrendous and a lot of times it starts you 8v2 or something ridiculous like that.

Okay, and lets just go ahead and pretend we don’t live in a perfect world for once. Not everyone has friends on all the time. Most of the time me and my friends are playing Halo 4, its at different times because of everyones’ schedules.

So yes, you are right. Fixes that problem. But for the people not in a party, JIP is a life-saver (literally)

my idea is to only have JiP on close matches that need more people to fill it.

I quit out of every game I join until I start out fairly… So I dont see the point of it…

A proper quit penalty would discourage people from quitting in the first place. Reach completely lacked this, so people quit in Reach matchmaking all the time.

If 343 must keep JiP, they should;

• Make it optional
  • Ensure games never start without a full lobby, and thus even teams
  • Ensure you never join games that are near the end
  • Introduce a proper quit penalty, such as XP reductions

> A proper quit penalty would discourage people from quitting in the first place. Reach completely lacked this, so people quit in Reach matchmaking all the time.
>
> If 343 must keep JiP, they should;
>
> - Make it optional
> - Ensure games never start without a full lobby, and thus even teams
> - Ensure you never join games that are near the end
> - Introduce a proper quit penalty, such as XP reductions

Mostly I just like the fact that your comment is in bulletin form and easy to reply to.

• If they could find way to make it optional that might make it a little easier to swallow for the complainers. But let’s say you opt out of Join in Progress. I guarantee a majority of the people complaining about it will soon realize how often people are quitting and that JIP is HELPING them by keeping their team full of players.
  • Totally agree. The rare instances of 1v5 or 8v2 need to be addressed.
  • If they could implement a failsafe that prevents the joining of games past a certain score threshold, it would change the whole experience. Agree completely.
  • I personally think the matchmaking ban was adequate as an idea, they just need to be more strict about it.

> I actually joined a big team battle on valhalla mid game. My team was losing pretty bad, until I got 31 kills and we won by a mile.
>
> Join in progress saved that team. (:

A prime example of how JIP isn’t only affecting you by throwing you into a losing match, but affecting the team as a whole by giving them a fighting chance. Nice! haha

> Personally, I think Join in Progress is one of the few things they added to Halo 4 that I am happy with.
>
> Before JIP, I was constantly stuck in BTB at 4v8 due to rage quitters or people who were disconnected in the game lobby putting my team at an instant disadvantage.
>
> Now, with JIP, the teams are almost always balanced. I say almost because with any newly implemented system there are flaws, i.e. games starting 1v5. But this is rare. It doesn’t take 9 years to find a game in BTB. And I think overall it has the potential to reduce the rate of quitting. People complaining about joining hopeless fights will soon learn that if they just play through the pain and finish the game, they will get to vote on and start a WHOLE NEW GAME!
>
> What do you think?

So you’re telling me if I play through the last 2 minutes of a match on a losing team (500-280) we’re going to make a comeback? Some how by the grace of the almighty gravemind my team is going to go not die 10 times and we’re going to pull 32 point out of our -Yoinks!- because 1 person joined? lol no…

Don’t even try to say that this is rare and only happens some times because it doesn’t. I play solo a lot and am forced to join horrible games with the team down over 20 and just because I joined and do good doesn’t mean we’re going to win. I may go 16 and 7 and the rest of my team is like 8-17, 5-10, 2-20 and the is no way 16+8+5+2 will ever equal a win… never. That’s the reality of JIP. People quit because the got matched up with a -Yoink- team and would rather not be embarrassed and shut down. No one wants to lose that bad and JIP ensures that you will lose like that nearly every time you join in late. Since I’ve been playing every JIP game I enter was a loss, and not because I quit or didn’t do well but because I was put into a horrid game on a team that may as well be committing suicide.

There has been a few occasions I was playing a 3v4 and even though we were down a person we were still wining ang then guess what? JIP happens and we got some random guy who goes 3-15 and loses us the game! Seriously?..

I’d rather play by myself a vs a whole team than have a JIP implemented. I’ve won games by myself in reach and I never seen a missing player as a disadvantage. It’s just one less guy for the other team to kill lol

Lets think about it this way, who quits from a wining team? No one. Who quits from a losing team? A lot of people. To rage quit you’d have to be losing pretty bad, which is why when some one quits and you join mid game its on a horribly losing team. ALWAYS.

You can tell me I haven’t played enough games etc etc but I’ve played almost 700 games on halo 4 already and about 52% of the games were losses due to me joining a game with like a minute left on some losing team. How can I not lose when I get put onto a losing team? HOW? When every one is so negative? 1 person can’t be the team. IDC how good you think you are, it just wont happen.

I never said it was rare to join a losing game, I said it was rare to start a game 1v5 or 8v2.

That’s cool that you don’t mind playing a game of 1v8, but it doesn’t suit my playstyle, and most people don’t enjoy it.

I’d even venture to say that your mentality of playing for yourself and worrying so much about winning rather than personal performance is the same mentality behind people quitting all the time.

But more power to you.

> I never said it was rare to join a losing game, I said it was rare to start a game 1v5 or 8v2.

I must be the unluckiest person in the world then, because the majority of my games that aren’t new searches start with horrible mismatches. I find what’s actually rare is starting with even teams. A full lobby is almost unheard of.