Join in Progress question?

Okay so I straight up hate this inclusion to the game. I never want to join a game in progress, ever. To anyone who has the game or knows about it, is there a search preference/option you can adjust to where you don’t join games in progress?

I highly doubt it. I don’t like it either. :frowning:

This is another “Nope, -Yoink- you, this is what the game is” instance.

It’s okay, OP. Everything is going to be okay.

Explain to me why you hate join in progress so much. Personally I really like this new feature because I will no longer have to be in 2v4 situations

I thought i was more for joining players off of your friends list.

I’m hoping for a “Quick Match” where you join in progress, and a “Normal” mode where you start a new game with a full lobby

> Explain to me why you hate join in progress so much. Personally I really like this new feature because I will no longer have to be in 2v4 situations

*Joins game with score 45-16

YAY?

> Explain to me why you hate join in progress so much. Personally I really like this new feature because I will no longer have to be in 2v4 situations

I hate joining almost finished games on the losing team. I like learning an opposing team’s tactics, and adjusting accordingly during the game. It encourages quitting. Players are less motivated to win because they can just quit/join. That was one of my favorite things about Halo’s MP. It was one of the few games that still didn’t use join in progress. I’m still excited for the game, I just don’t like joining in-progress games.

> > Explain to me why you hate join in progress so much. Personally I really like this new feature because I will no longer have to be in 2v4 situations
>
> *Joins game with score 45-16
>
> YAY?

Oh i see what you mean, i hope they do keep this new system but put you in games that have an evenly matched score or something like that.

Why would I want to join a match that’s already half-way over? If other people want to, then cool, that’ll help remedy the times when players drop. But I don’t want to ever be shoved into a game that’s already been started.

This feature also gives players MORE incentive to quit matches early, just because they know matchmaking will fill up the slots. It’s one thing I’ve always hated when I played CoD or Killzone online. People would constantly quit because there’s no incentive not to and you’d have lopsided teams for a couple minutes until more people were added to the games. So even though you can replace players that drop from the match, the frequency of these drops increases.

I prefer the old way with geting a full match in the lobby. Than im not shoved in a match were my team is getting destroyed. Besides sometimes those 3v4 situations are fun it gives it a challenge.

well, if this gets enough complaints on the forums when the game is out, they will definetly change it back to the old system, so no worries

> well, if this gets enough complaints on the forums when the game is out, they will definetly change it back to the old system, so no worries

Can only hope. I really don’t mind the system so long as you have the choice if you want to join matches in progress.

> > well, if this gets enough complaints on the forums when the game is out, they will definetly change it back to the old system, so no worries
>
> Can only hope. I really don’t mind the system so long as you have the choice if you want to join matches in progress.

in another recent thread, 1 or 2 people said you can turn it off, im not sure it’s confirmed though.

Think about the other people in your game. In previous halo games every time you quit you made it harder on your team and disrupted the flow of the game.

Halo Reach was progressive because it introduced a quit ban system to counteract habitual quitting. If you quit once and a while you were fine but if you disrupted and ruined the gameplay for your teams all the time you would get banned.

The ban was not enough of a deterrent to stop people from quitting out of a ton of games so Halo 4 has a system in place where the players can be replaced. This will make gameplay much more enjoyable for all involved as gameplay will not have as severe of a negative impact as a result of quitters.

This should not mean the end of quit ban by any means though

I really hope they maintain the quit ban as well, if not increase punishment