Join In Progress needs inprovement.

Yesterday I joined a game of BTB where the score was about 300 to 800. That’s a 500 score difference. And just a few minutes ago I joined a game where the score was 600 to 940. 940! By the time I was able to spawn, the match was already over!

And these are just a couple of many issues I’ve had. In-Progress is riddled with being connected with bad connections, being placed on the losing teams, and the dissatisfaction of not being able to complete a full match.

It would be nice if we had the option to disable connecting to in progress matches. Or at the very least, limit the requirements of matches supporting new players by the score. Take BTB for example, if the gap between the score is more than 100, then the game should be locked. If the score hits 500 for either team, it gets locked. Joining matches that are either one-sided or already halfway over lessen the enjoyment of playing the game. Not to mention, Halo 4 has enough problems as it is.

First, it needs to be removed…

second, it should return when they fixed it. If not fixed, then it should be left out. It was a nice idea but it fails miserably at the moment.

I would prefer…

a) the moment a teammate is missing, it goes to black screen

b) player is serched for and found in blackscreen

c) Player that was added spawns exactly where the other guy left, has his weapons (if any) and has his remainding health (if any)

In this way, there is never an unfair point in time where one team has the advantage due to player count.

> First, it needs to be removed…
>
> second, it should return when they fixed it. If not fixed, then it should be left out. It was a nice idea but it fails miserably at the moment.
>
> I would prefer…
>
> a) the moment a teammate is missing, it goes to black screen
>
> b) player is serched for and found in blackscreen
>
> c) Player that was added spawns exactly where the other guy left, has his weapons (if any) and has his remainding health (if any)
>
> In this way, there is never an unfair point in time where one team has the advantage due to player count.

That system could have many flaws though. To force a player into a position with identical weapons/health contradicts the idea of personal loadouts. I think it is just as bad as being put in a unbalanced match IMO.

The only fix I would like to see is its removal

It’s a horrible mess as it stands. I played a game of Swat earlier which was plagued with lag and black screen pauses only to find out by the post game score board that both teams had a total of 8 players each over the course of the match.

With JIP removed one idea to improve lobby waiting times would be to allow players to search in up to 3 playlists simultaneously. I’ve seen a similar system used in a couple of games and it seems to work quite well. If you enjoy a variety of gametypes your waiting times would be significantly reduced by expanding your matchmaking pool. If you only want to play one gametype you will just have to wait patiently like the good old days.