"JOIN IN PROGRESS" IS -Yoinking!- STUPID

IT MAY AS WELL BE CALLED “HEY! WANT TO JOIN IN ON A LOSING TEAM? :D? GO RIGHT AHEAD!” cos thats ALL I seem to be doing. Miss the old days of every match is fresh.

And I hated the days where people quitting was a permanent boon against your team.

> And I hated the days where people quitting was a permanent boon against your team.

Get friends, they’ll stick by your side.

This is not at fault of JIP per se, just the configuration of it. It definitely needs some tweaks.

I’ve had too many won games go bad because some -Yoink!- left/dc’d. I think JIP is one of few things 343 got right. The stat’s for win/loss should not count towards your total stats though. That way you don’t get punished (or luck a win) for joining the losing (winning) team part way through.

Stay in the lobby though. You then queue for the next game as normal.

it tends to put you into games with only a few points. Just saying.

> it tends to put you into games with only a few points. Just saying.

Definitely not in my experience. I have been put in some terribly lopsided games that are much further along than a few points. The whole point is you should NEVER be put in a game at a disadvantage or uneven playing field if you don’t want to be. Another glaring issue is the frequency in which you are placed into a JIP that more or less already has the outcome determined. Just my thoughts.

Well op, Blame the people that were -Yoinks!- and Quit the games on reach for absolutely no reason.

It was awesome being the only one on your team, more kills for you.

It puts you on a loosing team so that team can get help. That team is loosing most of the time because people quit from that team.

The problem is that usually by the time a new player (you) join a game in progress they’ve already lost all advantage to the other team and you have to assist in what is a clear-cut losing struggle to get it back.

Point is, JIP doesn’t really assist the losing team much more and it’s certainly no fun to be paired with a team that’s already half beaten.

343 could always add an option to turn “Join Games In Progress” off when searching for games.

again a rank system would not completely fix this but would help a lot. people dont want to lose there rank so they don’t quit. look at H3 and Reach which had more quitters?

What’s even worse is that it starts games uneven, i started a 4v1 before, that’s beyond dumb.