Join in Progress has RUINED my beloved Halo

For the first time ever I’m feeling so disheartened by a brand new Halo game that I’m wondering whether to move onto something else at last, call it a day.

Thanks a bunch, 343. Thanks a bunch.

Pat yourselves on the back.

People should spam these threads in the [probably vein hope] that something can be done about this tragic turn of events.

– UK die-hard Halo fan, peace out.

I’m sure that I am not the only one actually wanting your reasons for hating JIP. I really like it, to be honest. It allows me to get in games faster and it balances out the game when people quit.

I feel special, cause I like the game! :smiley:

Because having even teams is a bad thing.

The problem I have with it is that I pretty much have to take a default loss 6/10, because people mostly leave because, duh, they’re getting their butts kicked.
I’ve joined tons of games where my team had like a 100 points but the enemy had like 400.
I’ve been able to get the team scores close once or twice, but it’s still very discouraging to lose like that.

List the reason why you dont like join in progress, how in the world can people joining in the middle of game ( ESP when you have a teammate quit ) hurt your halo experience?

I wish they would put even teams. I played a BTB where the match started with 1 person on the other team and 8 people on my team.

Join in progress is probably the only thing that will keep me playing!! This is the best thing that could probably happen to Halo multiplayer. I quit playing Reach because every game someone would leave…we would start to lose…more people would leave…and we get demolished. Totally unfair because you get punished for leaving and in turn get punished for staying.

This keeps more teams even and games closer. I totally agree with the creation of Join in Progress.

I personally have no problem with JIP, although I wish you could turn it off in matchmaking settings, for the people who don’t want to get dropped into already started games.

also i think they definitely need to modify the JIP threshold of what is and isn’t considered an acceptable join. an oddball game that is 150 to 16 and is 2v4 prior to me joining, is not a game I want to be a part of (happening to me twice yesterday; was one winning side once and losing side once).

I hate it because it doesn’t work in a way which feels useful or satisfying. It feels broken and cheap. It feels like it’s pandering to another audience - where high competitive spirit comes second to the needs of the impatient. It feels rushed and unrefined; it doesn’t feel like Halo’s rock solid and reliable multiplayer.

Join In Progress is fine for over-eager players used to CoD style insta-action; but it’s absolutely no fun whatsoever to the more seasoned Halo veteran who values the competitive, grudgematch spirit of waiting for fellow players to join the pre-match lobby and waiting for the ticker to countdown before the match gets underway, from the very beginning - fair and square.

This is supposed to be an ARENA shooter. JIP goes against that more than any other new addition (I’m actually totally fine with the perks and other bells and whistles they think people want - the core of Halo gameplay remains intact).

That, and I DESPISE joining a match which is all but over, on the losing team - like what happens in every time I play Battlefield 3.

As it is now, I’m feeling utterly dejected by the new Halo experience, and I just did not expect that.

> For the first time ever I’m feeling so disheartened by a brand new Halo game that I’m wondering whether to move onto something else at last, call it a day.
>
> Thanks a bunch, 343. Thanks a bunch.
>
> Pat yourselves on the back.
>
> People should spam these threads in the [probably vein hope] that something can be done about this tragic turn of events.
>
> – UK die-hard Halo fan, peace out.

So you’re saying that playing a 4v8 game is a good thing.

What next? Quit bans?

For both Halo 3 and Reach, do you have any idea how many players were calling for this function to be implemented? And now people want it removed?

I’m detecting a lot of self-entitled Halo 4 owners that have never actually been a part of the Halo community until now on these forums.

JIP is excellent, and much needed for Halo MP. I’m surprised it wasn’t implemented with Reach.

> Join In Progress is fine for over-eager players used to CoD style insta-action; but it’s absolutely no fun whatsoever to the more seasoned Halo veteran who values the competitive, grudgematch spirit of waiting for fellow players to join the pre-match lobby and waiting for the ticker to countdown before the match gets underway, from the very beginning - fair and square.

Are you serious? COD did NOT come up with Join-in-Progress, Counter-Strike 1.6 did. And now every single shooter has JIP.

Stop singling out COD for every single “problem” because there are much more shooters than just COD and Halo. And last I recall, every single shooter has JIP (except Halo Reach and past Halos).

I dont know… i really like it. its best for me when i play flood and people leave.

JIP sucks bottom line.

Its primary reason for being a big pile of steaming crap, is joining games where your team is loosing MASSIVELY. The primary reason people quit is because the are loosing and the get to butt hurt to stay till the end. Which results in people joining those loosing games. Ive joined Oddball games with the opposing team at 290pts and ours at 50. Ive joined BTB games where the enemy team is double our score… and so on. THIS IS BS!

On top of all that a game should not even start unless the lobby is full!!!

join n progress is fine UNLESS THEY PUT YOU IN AT THE TAIL END OF HE MATCH…Which they always do…im tired of wasting my dbl exp on these stupid matches. getting 2k instead of my normal 5k.

gobacktoreach… I probably didnn’t say that properly, but oh well, it wasn’t meant seriously anyway.

Let’s say you’re already in a BTB match and everyone but you leaves. For the sake of argument, let’s say your pleas to be rid of JIP were successful… uh oh, you’re suddenly facing an entire team on your own. You can see them collecting their weapons from the ordnance drops and they’re heading for you. All the while you’ll be thinking “If they didn’t remove JIP, I’d have reinforcements about now.”

JIP may be annoying, but at the end of the day you’re not really making much of a loss when you can just make it up in the next game. And let’s face it, you’re not going to win every game, so grow some balls and deal with it.

> List the reason why you dont like join in progress, how in the world can people joining in the middle of game ( ESP when you have a teammate quit ) hurt your halo experience?

In practice, this has not happened that way in my experience. Quitters leave open slots which are RARELY refilled by new players. I’ve had dozens of games with one or two men down on my team for the entirety of the match. The system is flawed.

Of course, people are quick to quit because the new system allows them to jump right into another game with no problems at all - the JIP setup ironically encourages quitting rather than combating it.

If I join a match now which is almost over and I’m on the losing team, what do I do? I quit. It’s no fun to see that rubbish situation out.

> > Join In Progress is fine for over-eager players used to CoD style insta-action; but it’s absolutely no fun whatsoever to the more seasoned Halo veteran who values the competitive, grudgematch spirit of waiting for fellow players to join the pre-match lobby and waiting for the ticker to countdown before the match gets underway, from the very beginning - fair and square.
>
> Are you serious? COD did NOT come up with Join-in-Progress, Counter-Strike 1.6 did. And now every single shooter has JIP.
>
> Stop singling out COD for every single “problem” because there are much more shooters than just COD and Halo. And last I recall, every single shooter has JIP (except Halo Reach and past Halos).

Calm down, I’m not singling Call of Duty out, I was merely using it as an example. I also drew comparisons with BF3, which you seem to have overlooked in your haste to jump down my throat.

I’m not interested in Call of Duty, or what that game does. It was just for comparisons sake. Dwelling on that misses the point and isn’t helpful.

> Because have even teams is a bad thing.

Halo4 regularly starts games with uneven teams. Halo2, Halo3, and Reach didn’t do that. The new MM system has some flaws JiP is one of them.