Join In Progress for Halo 4

So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty. That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.

There’s a leaving penalty in CoD and chances are they’ll keep a penalty for Halo.

> So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. <mark>Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty.</mark> That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.

Yes and No and No. The join in progress yes because I hate joining late games and no because I hate 1 V 6 spawn traps. No because I pretty sure you will get penalized.

> So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty. That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.

There are penalties for abandoning.

I on the other hand, someone who actually plays, is very happy with this. It is not only common place but extremly common for 1 or more players to immediately leave a game upon starting or midway into a game. And it Isn’t fun to be doing a 1 v 8, trust me. There’s only so many sniper/wraith/banshee/warthog spawn deaths you can take before you want to eat the disk. So if you’re looking for a pity party, then host it else where.

Ya know… i wouldnt mind being the only one on my team in swat… always easy to win swat matches when your alone :smiley:

When was there penalty in Call of Duty for quitting? The JiP was supposed to fix the quitting problems. Either way people rage.

> When was there penalty in Call of Duty for quitting? The JiP was supposed to fix the quitting problems. Either way people rage.

Pretty sure in CoD leaving just counts as an extra loss on your stats.

I can see JiP working as long as it has proper quitting discouragement (it should cost you xp, like in H3) and joining late prevention.

I would prefer join in progress to only be in playlists with 5 or more people per team.

It looked as if the ONLY way to join in progress is to have a Friend in the game, it won’t just “Matchmake” you into the game. That means there are still penalties for quitting, as in order to be replaced someone on the team needs to waste time finding someone else.

> So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty. That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.

Please do not panic, there will be no Join In Progress feature for Halo 4. They’re only saying there will be.

It was this way for Halo 2 and 3 as well, they claimed that they were putting in a Join In Progress feature and they never did. So once again: Do not panic, there is not going to be a Join In Progress feature.

The main problem with join-in-progress is the way you’d get sorted into the game with about ten seconds left. It’s just pointless.

I’m very happy with the join in progress being added.

I’m pretty sure they will still keep a quit ban to deter popping in and out of games. It’s the only logical thing to do.

The “JiP” isn’t all that bad.

You lose you match exp for leaving.

There are apparently systems that prevent joining games almost finished etc.

When I’m spawn trappin kids, when they quit they will get replaced so more kills.

> > So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty. That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.
>
> Please do not panic, there will be no Join In Progress feature for Halo 4. They’re only saying there will be.
>
> It was this way for Halo 2 and 3 as well, they claimed that they were putting in a Join In Progress feature and they never did. So once again: Do not panic, there is not going to be a Join In Progress feature.

lolwut? we already have a video of 343i multplayer guys explaining how it will work and everything. he specifically said that there will be join in progress for matchmaking whereas in the past it was only for custom games. he even explained the algorithms they used (stating that there are systems in place that prevent you from joining a game right at the last minute)

they also said they join in progress actually starts in the lobby too. so if you get people who rage quit when everyone doesn’t vote for the gametype he wanted, that spot can be ‘instantly’ filled during the loading phase. it could even be filled during the voting phase. that’s kinda cool.

To be honest, I don’t like joining a game in progress. That’s due to the fact that players are more likely to leave a game they are losing than a game they are winning. Statistically, that translates to having much higher chances of joining into the losing team than the winning one.

Besides, I dislike joining a game in progress in general. It’s terribly disorientating to join a game that is already half way through. Not that it makes it harder to play, but it makes you feel kind of left out. I’d rather play my games from start.

I’m glad it’s being added in, never liked it when half my team quit the game half way through and left the rest of us to get dominated by the other team.

> > > So, watched the Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer and one of the things they mentioned was that Join Session In Progress was in the game. Anyone else unhappy with this? This likely also means you can just leave whenever with no penalty. That is one of the things I hate the most about CoD multiplayer and hope it is not in Halo 4.
> >
> > Please do not panic, there will be no Join In Progress feature for Halo 4. They’re only saying there will be.
> >
> > It was this way for Halo 2 and 3 as well, they claimed that they were putting in a Join In Progress feature and they never did. So once again: Do not panic, there is not going to be a Join In Progress feature.
>
> lolwut? we already have a video of 343i multplayer guys explaining how it will work and everything. he specifically said that there will be join in progress for matchmaking whereas in the past it was only for custom games. he even explained the algorithms they used (stating that there are systems in place that prevent you from joining a game right at the last minute)

In Halo 2 and 3 they were talking about Custom Games, which DOES have Join in Progress. Now they are talking about MM. Though DONT PANIC.

You can only MANUALLY CHOOSE TO JOIN by having a FRIEND IN THE GAME. You will NOT MATCHMAKE into in-progress games.

> You can only MANUALLY CHOOSE TO JOIN by having a FRIEND IN THE GAME. You will NOT MATCHMAKE into in-progress games.

Source please.