Join In Progress and Team vs Individual Ranks

In my opinion I think that Join In Progress belongs in unranked playlists and not in ranked ones. This is because someone could join a game in the spot of someone who quit and was losing the game. This results in the joined player being at an unfair disadvantage in a setting where you are playing to win. I understand it in unranked playlists because Join In Progress allows for matches to be found faster and the player does not care for win/loss. This will work if the Progression System (ex. SR 1-130) is based on individual performance. However, if the Progression System is based on win/loss, Join In Progress does not belong in unranked, as well.

I also think that the ranking system should be based solely on win/loss (like Team CSR) in all ranked playlists. This is because it adds a more social aspect to the game where you work as a team and call out. The individual performance rank (how much kills you get) promotes being a lone wolf in a TEAM playlist by playing selfishly, not shooting together as a team and not calling out enemies for teammates to kill. Also, I do not play with my friends who are as good as I am in H4 team playlists thats based on Individual CSR. This is because if my teammates are worse than I am I will surely end up with more kills than them, leading to me searching alone and ranking up in an Individual CSR based playlist.

Thoughts?

I think Halo 3’s ranking system was near perfect. I think Join Of Progress is better in other games but not in Halo.

> In my opinion I think that Join In Progress belongs in unranked playlists and not in ranked ones. This is because someone could join a game in the spot of someone who quit and was losing the game. This results in the joined player being at an unfair disadvantage in a setting where you are playing to win. I understand it in unranked playlists because Join In Progress allows for matches to be found faster and the player does not care for win/loss. This will work if the Progression System (ex. SR 1-130) is based on individual performance. However, if the Progression System is based on win/loss, Join In Progress does not belong in unranked, as well.

Well, I think JIP is actually a quite useful and even needed feature when properly implemented.
Firstly, JIP should work together with a proper ranking system that matches players and creates teams that are on par.
Secondly, JIP’s main purpose should be to replace quitting players as fast as possible with players of quite similar or even equal rank to keep the games and teams fair and balanced.

I mean, where was the fair competition in a 4v2 match in a ranked playlists or where was the fun in a 4v2 match in a social playlist?

In addition, why do you think that people in social playlists do not care about win or loss?

> I also think that the ranking system should be based solely on win/loss (like Team CSR) in all ranked playlists. This is because it adds a more social aspect to the game where you work as a team and call out. The individual performance rank (how much kills you get) promotes being a lone wolf in a TEAM playlist by playing selfishly, not shooting together as a team and not calling out enemies for teammates to kill. Also, I do not play with my friends who are as good as I am in H4 team playlists thats based on Individual CSR. This is because if my teammates are worse than I am I will surely end up with more kills than them, leading to me searching alone and ranking up in an Individual CSR based playlist.

Personally, I don’t think a Ranking System that is solely based on win/loss would be preferable, except in FFA playlists perhaps, because it would not reflect the individual skill of each player correctly. The “true rank” of a player could get falsified, either because it gets oppressed or gets carried by team mates.
Besides, I think it wouldn’t significantly encourage team play anyway but people will likely blame their team mates when they lose and cause them to rank down.

> > I mean, where was the fair competition in a 4v2 match in a ranked playlists or where was the fun in a 4v2 match in a social playlist?
>
> It wasnt that fair, of course. But it is your fault when you search by yourself in a TEAM BASED playlist. Join in just makes a lot more problem than it solves. I think its ok when you cant reach a 50 by playing alone to be honest. Because if you dont have a team you just cant comete with the best, and the bests are playing in a team.
>
> Just my opinion.