Join games in-progress, end of Halo

Aside from core game mechanics, the biggest difference I can distinguish between the Halo franchise and CoD franchise it that winning actually felt like the primary objective in Halo. Obviously winning wasn’t as important in Reach, but in past Halo games stats just didn’t matter as much.

If the Halo franchise moves over to joining in-progress games it could mean the end of Halo. It will truly transition over to a statistical brain dead FPS shooter where winning games is an after thought and often over looked.

It’s not fair that your team mates quit out and its not fair that I have to join your game and lose. So what is the difference. You can’t stop players from quitting, being booted, or having to quit for real life; but you can stop us from having to join games in-progress.

I can honestly say that I don’t pay attention to the score and team results in 99% of my modern warfare matches.

Why we don’t want to join games in-progress?

→ Who quits out of games? Why do they quit out? What happens when people replace those quitters? Don’t you think they would most likely want to quit as well?

examples:

  • player who betraying all team mates causing them to quit, why would I want to join this player

  • team is losing 40-6, why would I want to join this game, considering weapons and map control along with a near impossible score to overcome (ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE)

  • ARs on pinnacle…

  • many more

Why its not such a big deal in CoD?

  • there are no power weapons to time and pick up.
  • winning never mattered, you play for EXP
  • you spawn with your loadout, so any weapon you want
  • map control? Now really guys

Halo is a start to finish game
[If join losing team is implemented atleast give me the option to decline joining these games or better yet, completely turn off the ability to join games in-progress]

rage quitter hell man, im telling you, the people who quit will eventually all be playing with eachother and the people who dont will be playing with eachother

ragequitter hell must be in this game!

As long as it’s kept in non-competitive playlists… then it should be fine.

Join games in progress is the best thing that happened to Halo, I’m tired of winning all by myself.

Have you ever thought that maybe, assuming they have ranked and social playlists, that join in progress will be disabled in ranked?

Are they actually gonna put that in? If they are then why not give it a try.

Can’t wait to join into a game that is already in progress, only to find myself down 40-20 against a team that has already established full map control. Why couldn’t they just add a feature that lowers your rank if you quit too much?

1v4>Joining Mid-game

> As long as it’s kept in non-competitive playlists… then it should be fine.

So in all but 1 playlist?

But seriously, no. Never, ever, has joining a game in progress been a good thing. My only experience is Modern Warfare but I can honestly say I have never once been happy to be thrown into a game and been happy. I dashboard every single time and wait until I join a game through a pre-game lobby.

> Are they actually gonna put that in? If they are then why not give it a try.

Think about what you just said. Who quits out of games? Why do people quit out of games?
Think about those things and then realize why joining games in-progress would be even worse in Halo than CoD.

If it’s either only in unranked playlists or it’s only in btb, I’ll be okay with it.

When Bungie was making Halo 3 and Reach, people were talking about how the quitter could be punished. Bungie could have just made it join in-progress to make it easy on themselves, but they knew that’s just not what Halo is. I miss you Bungie :frowning:

So preventing games from having teams of 1 player versus 4 is ruining the series? Alrighty then.

> Have you ever thought that maybe, assuming they have ranked and social playlists, that join in progress will be disabled in ranked?

There’s your problem.
The only reference 343 made to ‘ranked’ gameplay was A classic playlist.

A classic playlist.

> > Are they actually gonna put that in? If they are then why not give it a try.
>
> Think about what you just said. Who quits out of games? Why do people quit out of games?
> Think about those things and then realize why joining games in-progress would be even worse in Halo than CoD.

OK so what’s the problem? If I lose two people on my team and two people join to make it an even 4 on 4 again. Why wouldn’t I want that? You find games much faster that way and you get straight into the action.

> > As long as it’s kept in non-competitive playlists… then it should be fine.
>
> So in all but 1 playlist?
>
> But seriously, no. Never, ever, has joining a game in progress been a good thing. My only experience is Modern Warfare but I can honestly say I have never once been happy to be thrown into a game and been happy. I dashboard every single time and wait until I join a game through a pre-game lobby.

You must be really impatient then. I mean wow, every single time you say? I have never heard of anyone quitting out every single time just because they enter in a game that has already started. Do you quit out of Halo custom games as well, because from what I recall the majority of custom games I’ve been in have already started the game.

> > Have you ever thought that maybe, assuming they have ranked and social playlists, that join in progress will be disabled in ranked?
>
> There’s your problem.
> The only reference 343 made to ‘ranked’ gameplay was A classic playlist.
>
> A classic playlist.

Where did they say that? I highly doubt it will be A playlist.

People don’t only quit because they’re doing badly.

-People get booted
-People don’t like the gametype and match and dashboard it before the game even starts
-People may have more important things to do in real life (like emergencies)

This’ll help on those games where literally everybody quits but 2 people. I won’t complain about it, as long as it’s optional.

We’ve had join in-game since Halo 2. It’s called custom games. All they did was apply it to matchmaking.

The only problem with it is having players join right before a match ends which is extremely annoying. All they need to do is lock the match after it’s passed the halfway point.

We have bigger fish to fry.

> So preventing games from having teams of 1 player versus 4 is ruining the series? Alrighty then.

If your going to lose a 1v4, it means your going to lose.
If you quit, it means your going to lose.
So either take your lose or suck it up and lose with a -30.

When I’m 1v4 I play to see if I can win, which is an option for me, and If I can’t I respectively quit. It saves everyone the hassle of a a boring game.

Halo is about balance and a fair start
Halo is about balance and a fair start
Halo is about balance and a fair start
Halo is about balance and a fair start

So if I join into a game where I am losing 5-38, that means it is not a fair start and in turn it means I am not playing the true Halo experience. If I join into a game where the other team has every power weapon, meaning I had to fair chance to get them since I WASNT in the game, that is not fair.

Halo is an experience, not a game.

> Aside from core game mechanics, the biggest difference I can distinguish between the Halo franchise and CoD franchise it that winning actually felt like the primary objective in Halo. Obviously winning wasn’t as important in Reach, but in past Halo games stats just didn’t matter as much.
>
> If the Halo franchise moves over to joining in-progress games it could mean the end of Halo. It will truly transition over to a statistical brain dead FPS shooter where winning games is an after thought and often over looked.
>
> I can honestly say that I don’t pay attention to the score and team results in 99% of my modern warfare matches.
>
> Why?
>
> → Who quits out of games? Why do they quit out? What happens when people replace those quitters? Don’t you think they would most likely want to quit as well?
>
> examples:
>
> - player who betraying all team mates causing them to quit, why would I want to join this player
>
> - team is losing 40-6, why would I want to join this game, considering weapons and map control along with a near impossible score to overcome (ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE)
>
> - ARs on pinnacle…
>
> - many more
>
> Why its not such a big deal in CoD?
> - there are no power weapons to time and pick up.
> - winning never mattered, you play for EXP
> - you spawn with your loadout, so any weapon you want
> - map control? Now really guys
> -
>
> -

Agreed