Join Failed!?!?!?

Ok, tell me if I’m the only one this is happening to. It seems like ever since the title update, I get Join Failed all the time when trying to wait in people’s lobby’s for them to finish their game. I’m not lagging out of games or anything. It’s just join issues.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day and I was surprised when it happened. I just joined again and when they got out of the game it let me join. But yeah 343i messed up something or tried to “make it better” and only lets you wait for a certain amount of time now.

Anything related to your own inability to connect with other players is most likely your own bad connection or theirs.

And can you provide more info? Is it only for a particular friend? Is your NAT open? How good is your connection?

> Anything related to your own inability to connect with other players is most likely your own bad connection or theirs.
>
> And can you provide more info? Is it only for a particular friend? Is your NAT open? How good is your connection?

Open NAT. Happens with anyone, but invites generally work fine. It’s just a matter of waiting in someone’s lobby more than a few seconds almost always fails. I’m only on 3MB DSL (only thing available here) but it’s usually good enough, obviously better than anyone on wireless. Another guy on my list said he’s been having the same problem. It’s only since the TU though.

I’ve been having the same issue lately. Invites work fine though. I also have open NAT and a fairly decent connection.

I’ve also noticed some weird glitch that, even though the people I’m joining have their party set to “Closed”, it still gives me the option to join them. I can hit join, it looks like it’s going to work, but then it fails.