Johnson's Displayed Rank in CEA

So from what I have seen from the internet and various halo wikis the UNSC Marine Core’s rank insignia’s are more or less based of the US ones with the chevron pointing up however in Halo CEA graphics the rank displayed on Johnson’s chest is like that of a Sergeant in the UK army with three chevrons pointing down.

Is this just a artistic choice or a mistake since he is a Sergeant Major and not just a Sgt.

Keep in mind of course games are inspired by reality and not always completely reflective of it.

From my understanding where I live (I have worked with military members before), Sergeant Majors were more of a position than a rank. However, here it is a rank. If you look on the Halo wiki it shows separate ranks for him: Sergeant then Sergeant Major so maybe your answer lies somewhere there.

> 2533274866969060;1:
> So from what I have seen from the internet and various halo wikis the UNSC Marine Core’s rank insignia’s are more or less based of the US ones with the chevron pointing up however in Halo CEA graphics the rank displayed on Johnson’s chest is like that of a Sergeant in the UK army with three chevrons pointing down.
>
> Is this just a artistic choice or a mistake since he is a Sergeant Major and not just a Sgt.

There is a bug in the marine armor but the rank is correct

After all lore is an aftertought, IE what if johnson simply didn’t have that armor at the time for X reason? The reason is jarring is because it didn’t respect the original enough.