Johnson in Halo 5?

Before i start, this will spoil some things from the Halo 3 campaign, so if you haven’t played it yet (it’s been 8 years, you should probably get on that), don’t read on.

A part of me died when Avery Johnson was killed by 343 Guilty Spark in Halo 3. He was one of my all-time favorite fictional characters, and I’ve never really forgiven Bungie for killing him off. But i digress.

So, I’ve been seeing all this talk about how Cortana may be returning in the form of a ghost/hallucination, and I’m not here to discuss the validity of that talk. I thought, if they can bring back a dead character in Cortana, why not give us a ghost of Johnson? Ghost Johnson could follow your squad around throughout the campaign and provide some comedic relief with his quick wit. Not only that, but Ghost Johnson can distract the enemies with some IWHBYD lines while your squad sneaks up behind them and assassinates them all. Upon returning to the Infinity, Ghost Johnson can hack himself into the mainframe and take over control of the Infinity, allowing him to destroy the Covenant and the Forerunners in a matter of seconds. Thank you for listening.

RIP Sgt. Avery Johnson, 2001-2007 Yes, Johnson was six when he died…Johnson to return as a Spartan? Illuminati confirmed? Tune into Halo 5 to find out!

Oh dear, no thanks.

Cortana appearing as a “ghost” is more of a hallucination induced by the Domain. Johnson has no reason to be of significance to the Domain in terms of Chief.

Thanks for protecting me against Halo 3 spoilers. -_-

343i can always just write into the lore that ONI cloned Johnson’s brain and made an AI out of him.

Hahahaha,… Johnson was six when he died lol.

If you play back the Warden Eternal’s lines from E3 in reverse, it says, “That chump 343 Guilty Spark didn’t kill me. I’m back, and I know what the ladies like.”

Johnson Halo 5, confirmed.

Johnsun to retuorn as a AI or ghust in Halo 5 confurmad!!
See you noxt time on HaloFollowur!

This is a reason why there are people who develop games, and people who play games. Some are made to do one, while some are made to do the other.

Sorry OP but Johnson is dead and he is not coming back in any shape or form.

> 2533274795233660;7:
> This is a reason why there are people who develop games, and people who play games. Some are made to do one, while some are made to do the other.
>
> Sorry OP but Johnson is dead and he is not coming back in any shape or form.

No need to throw shade mate, just having a little fun.

I think Johnson is Chief, and the cutscene we sawin H3 where Johnson died was just a visual representation of Chief’s innocence dying.

Sarcasm aside, it would be -Yoinking!- hilarious if there was a Johnson ghost easter egg lol.

Johnson = John’s Son

Think about it.

<mark>Do not flame/attack others.</mark>

OP your an idiot unfortunately johnsons dead get over it same with -Yoinking!- cortana shes dead too get over it

The shipping of Chief x Johnson must return, my fan fiction must come back to liffeee!

If Johnson came back, it would make make sense. He has done that before after all.

> 2533274862181038;10:
> Johnson = John’s Son
>
> Think about it.

I believe it is Son of John, as old naming patterns go.

I came in here expecting it to either be a begging thread or a misguided attempt to explain how Johnson survived.

But this…

I can understand that OP is probably joking around, but people DO beg for him to return quite often. So often that this isn’t funny anymore. He’s gone. If 343 didnt kill him, then the halo’s activation did.

> 2533274811158328;13:
> If Johnson came back, it would make make sense. He has done that before after all.

They explained that though in Halo: First Strike. He was able to find Foehammer’s pelican before the PoA self-destructed. (The elite scene was non-canon and always has been just a gag scene.)

How are you gonna explain Johnson surviving a laser beam to the chest, losing consciousness, being left to die in a room that’s collapsing in on itself, the flood scattering about and no way to get to the one and only functioning ship that Arby ‘n’ the Chief took and the halo firing?

“I only die once, do you hear me?”

> 2533274862181038;10:
> Johnson = John’s Son
>
> Think about it.

wut

Well he did it once already. There’s no way that crafty devil could have survived Halo CE, yet he was inexplicably in Halo 2. That said, I think 343 has a lot more respect for narrative and continuity than Bungie did, so seeing another miracle resurrection is almost certainly a no-go.

I hate Bungie too for that, and I loved the character of Johnson, he was soo cool. But dude, he still died the cool way, I mean, the big BOOM!

I wouldn’t really want a ghost of him, but hey, 343 could still make one last great remake, we could “Finish the Fight Once and for All” with a Halo 3 Campaign Anniversary on MCC in 2017 :slight_smile: and Johnson would be there to die the cool way one last time!