Johnson as a Promethean Soldier for Halo 6

Anyone miss Johnson still? Soldiers speak, right?

Have Johnson be promethean-ized and be converted to serve under the Prometheans as a soldier. He would not participate in the battles, he would be a background character that just gives speeches. He’d be distinguishable by his hat. Chief would never come across him, the two would never re-unite. He’d just be there for comic relief.

Classic Halo used to have a lot of dumb, silly moments that made no absolutely no sense, yet it always brought a lot of amusing levity to the table, I think having a robot Johnson would be hilarious and would help bring back a lot of the tongue-in-cheek appeal that the older games had. He wouldn’t be there 24/7, serious moments would still be serious, but at just the right times, you’d hear him during cutscenes.

Like, this isn’t trolling. I’m being dead serious, I think this would be a good idea. The only thing to worry about is timing. You don’t want a moment where a character dies, and Robo-Johnson is talking over the dramatic scene, for all intents and purposes that would be awful for the overall story. But as a reoccuring gag, it’d be awesome if done right. Why not? The problem I find with recent Halo, is that the developers are afraid to have fun and go wild, it has to be full-on edgy, it’s nothing like it used to be, which found a more even balance.

Anyone oppose the idea?

Considering that none of the promethean soldiers take on characteristics of their original organic forms, Johnson as one would be useless, and a somewhat distastefull way to bring him back.

^ what astro said

> 2533274810945725;2:
> Considering that none of the promethean soldiers take on characteristics of their original organic forms, Johnson as one would be useless, and a somewhat distastefull way to bring him back.

He wouldn’t even really be “Johnson”. It’s more like a reincarnation of him. He would just be a comic relief. I mean, in Halo CE, Johnson wasn’t even given an actual name at that point. He was a background character. He was still notable for his unique personality, but he was there for comic relief and to bring some charm. He never did anything bold in the game’s story. So really, it would just be the same as what Halo CE did with Johnson.

You’re right that it doesn’t really make logical sense, but Halo’s comic relief elements don’t always make logical sense to begin with. Realism isn’t necessary for humor.

It would be like running into Jack or Legion in Mass Effect as enemies working for Cerberus: Depressing. No thank you.

> 2535461821732932;4:
> > 2533274810945725;2:
> > Considering that none of the promethean soldiers take on characteristics of their original organic forms, Johnson as one would be useless, and a somewhat distastefull way to bring him back.
>
>
> He wouldn’t even really be “Johnson”. It’s more like a reincarnation of him. He would just be a comic relief. I mean, in Halo CE, Johnson wasn’t even given an actual name at that point. He was a background character. He was still notable for his unique personality, but he was there for comic relief and to bring some charm. He never did anything bold in the game’s story. So really, it would just be the same as what Halo CE did with Johnson.
>
> You’re right that it doesn’t really make logical sense, but Halo’s comic relief elements don’t always make logical sense to begin with. Realism isn’t necessary for humor.

Why can’t 343 use their imagination and come up with their own comic relief character?

not a fan of that idea

I loved Johnson but having him come back like that would just be blah. Keep him how he ended in h3

If he came back I’ll send him out with an even bigger bang then the last one.

> 2533274810945725;6:
> > 2535461821732932;4:
> > > 2533274810945725;2:
> > > Considering that none of the promethean soldiers take on characteristics of their original organic forms, Johnson as one would be useless, and a somewhat distastefull way to bring him back.
> >
> >
> > He wouldn’t even really be “Johnson”. It’s more like a reincarnation of him. He would just be a comic relief. I mean, in Halo CE, Johnson wasn’t even given an actual name at that point. He was a background character. He was still notable for his unique personality, but he was there for comic relief and to bring some charm. He never did anything bold in the game’s story. So really, it would just be the same as what Halo CE did with Johnson.
> >
> > You’re right that it doesn’t really make logical sense, but Halo’s comic relief elements don’t always make logical sense to begin with. Realism isn’t necessary for humor.
>
>
> Why can’t 343 use their imagination and come up with their own comic relief character?

Well, I’m pretty sure they tried that with Palmer, and we all know how that turned out. Egghead.

I honestly believe that Robo-Johnson would be funnier than anything else 343 can come up with. If they come up with something, be my guest, but I’m highly doubtful.

I hope he never comes back in the current timeline. As a character in a game based in the past? Sure, but not in the future just for the sake of making a comeback.

No because look at Cortana, in the campaign i thought hey cortanas back, with more life in her character than mr clean and the osiris team. But she turned evil, which sucked imo. I dont want the same for Johnson

> 2533274810945725;6:
> > 2535461821732932;4:
> > > 2533274810945725;2:
> > > Considering that none of the promethean soldiers take on characteristics of their original organic forms, Johnson as one would be useless, and a somewhat distastefull way to bring him back.
> >
> >
> > He wouldn’t even really be “Johnson”. It’s more like a reincarnation of him. He would just be a comic relief. I mean, in Halo CE, Johnson wasn’t even given an actual name at that point. He was a background character. He was still notable for his unique personality, but he was there for comic relief and to bring some charm. He never did anything bold in the game’s story. So really, it would just be the same as what Halo CE did with Johnson.
> >
> > You’re right that it doesn’t really make logical sense, but Halo’s comic relief elements don’t always make logical sense to begin with. Realism isn’t necessary for humor.
>
>
> Why can’t 343 use their imagination and come up with their own comic relief character?

Exuberant Witness?

Only if he’s a black guy promethean with attitude.

It wouldn’t make sense to bring him back int he story, even as an explicitly non-sensical joke. If that makes sense…

I want Johnson to come back as a Marine Replicant in Warzone. :confused: As a Legendary Boss, with more health than Warden.

Palmer: “Sergeant Johnson is in the valley with two sticks and a rock! He’s a high priority target!”