John's New Armor, Not Bad...

If you don’t know Master Chief has got some new armor. At first I couldn’t stand it. It looked so, not-master-chiefy. But, I recently watched the trailer and you know? It’s starting to grow on me. It’s actually quite cool. The only thing I could not stand was… No cod piece. But that’s beside the point. If Chief has new armor, Then everything should be new.

The H.U.D.
This must be new if we’re making new armor. I was thinking that, their should be edges were the Visor is not, so it looks like the visor actually has a shape not a huge square. Also please, not blue… change it to a black or something darker. It’s hard to see in bright areas. And if you haven’t noticed Chiefs visor is Gold, so why is there a blue overlay as if it were blue?! maybe you should see a little gold more than just blue. I’m out of ideas so i’ll end this one.

The Physical.
I’ve lately been reading the books and Johnson usually never hits the the gun. How come in the games? I think when you melee you should somehow kick, punch, knee, or elbow. it would do the same damage just with a different animation.
Now his Speed. He’s slow, but for gameplay purposes do not change that. maybe when you melee you have a really powerful blur to put emphasis on the fact he’s going frickin’ fast. You might be thinking, what the hell does this have to do with Armor?! Well in Halo: Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund, Johnson’s agility, power, etc. is also helped with his armor. and when he had the first mark it was great but towards the end of the book he got the Mark V. Armor and thus he has MORE agility, power, etc. That’s how this is connected to the Armor

The AI
IF we have new armor maybe we should now be able to see Cortana, or at least have a sound wave pattern on our HUD somewhere. Something to notify us she’s there in our heads not just talking. When Cortana enters the Armor I don’t feel that she really is with ME. In the book, John describes a feel of cold liquid but I can’t feel that, obviously. So somewhere we should be notified by Cortana’s entry.

The View
This is completely me wishing for stuff, but maybe we should change the view screen, like Thermal Vision, or At Tech Vision were we can see inside technology, like seeing the AR’s insides. And a more informative Waypoint. Like this

http://s10.postimage.org/nit1i4vu1/olololololo.png

The area where that cursor-thing is aiming on top of the ODST that’s what I think the Waypoints should look like.

That’s it

:smiley:

>

I like it. Also, I would like the FoV to be more up close and personal ala Halo 3 then Reach’s wide and unhuman FoV.

> >
>
> I like it. Also, I would like the FoV to be more up close and personal ala Halo 3 then Reach’s wide and unhuman FoV.

Mm-Hmm, yes. Um may I ask what is FoV?

> > >
> >
> > I like it. Also, I would like the FoV to be more up close and personal ala Halo 3 then Reach’s wide and unhuman FoV.
>
> Mm-Hmm, yes. Um may I ask what is FoV?

FoV is Field of View. It’s basically everything you see on the screen.

> > > >
> > >
> > > I like it. Also, I would like the FoV to be more up close and personal ala Halo 3 then Reach’s wide and unhuman FoV.
> >
> > Mm-Hmm, yes. Um may I ask what is FoV?
>
> FoV is Field of View. It’s basically everything you see on the screen.

Oh, thank you. O.K I see.

I actually think the armor looks good too, however I’d still rather have the armor chief has had. Oh well I’ll deal with it no use in complaining, the armor still looks good. At least if the armor is getting replaced, it’s getting replaced with good looking armor and not bad looking armor.

You’re right about one thing, everything should be different. Let’s throw away all your ideas for a minute and consider mine. First Master Chief will given Wolverine claws for melee. His cod piece will return and much bigger to emphasize his manliness. His armor will have a built in sprint function, temporary cloaking, and rocket feet. All his guns will have laser pointers. His HUD will remain blue because that is the second best color under green. His armor will be painted with an urban camouflage consisting of grays and blacks. His visor will be a light blue because that looks cool and Cortana should not be in his armor at all because she has been given a -Yoink!- robot and human clone body with a computer brain ( I don’t know how jiggly physics will be worked in with all the armor).

> You’re right about one thing, everything should be different. Let’s throw away all your ideas for a minute and consider mine. First Master Chief will given Wolverine claws for melee. His cod piece will return and much bigger to emphasize his manliness. His armor will have a built in sprint function, temporary cloaking, and rocket feet. All his guns will have laser pointers. His HUD will remain blue because that is the second best color under green. His armor will be painted with an urban camouflage consisting of grays and blacks. His visor will be a light blue because that looks cool and Cortana should not be in his armor at all because she has been given a -Yoink!- robot and human clone body with a computer brain ( I don’t know how jiggly physics will be worked in with all the armor).

Y’know I like your Idea better than mine! LOLno.

I like the armor in the trailer too. I am easy to please though. I am sure we haven’t seen the last change to the armor though. We have to wait and see the final product. I am looking forward to it. Halo 4 news can’t come soon enough.

So how do you think Master Chief will get the new armor? Its not just laying around on the ship. We might have a suprise for us at the start, or somewhere along the way.

> So how do you think Master Chief will get the new armor? Its not just laying around on the ship. We might have a suprise for us at the start, or somewhere along the way.

All I care is if he gets it in a bad–Yoink- way.

compared to what it was before. I don’t want master chief to end up looking like “the package” in halo legends. I want him to feel more human and real. less unreal and alien

I personally like the blue H.U.D, they should deffinately add adjustable HUD colors though. And i didnt like his armor that much at first either but now i think it looks good.

I always thought Mark VI was the best looking armor in the game. It would look better with the improved graphics for H4. I really don’t even want a change of armor (especially since it doesn’t make sense for him to acquire a new suit while floating in space), but it’s bound to happen.

i watched the halo 4 video a couple more times and in disgust realized… as he is reloading his gun his cod piece jiggles :stuck_out_tongue:

Its very likely that the armor Master Chief is wearing is the Mark VII mentioned in Glasslands. If the UNSC Infinity and the Spartan-IV’s are there(Which they will be.) then it makes sense for him to get the latest gear. 343 never said that you start the game with the new armor. You’ll likely start with the Mark VI and switch to the Mark VII once contact is made with the UNSC Infinity. This isn’t the first time MC has made an armor change. When you started Halo 2, John was just finishing putting his new Mark VI armor on. And what’s wrong with the Halo: Legends version of the Mark IV? I liked it.

> Its very likely that the armor Master Chief is wearing is the Mark VII mentioned in Glasslands. If the UNSC Infinity and the Spartan-IV’s are there(Which they will be.) then it makes sense for him to get the latest gear. 343 never said that you start the game with the new armor. You’ll likely start with the Mark VI and switch to the Mark VII once contact is made with the UNSC Infinity. This isn’t the first time MC has made an armor change. When you started Halo 2, John was just finishing putting his new Mark VI armor on. And what’s wrong with the Halo: Legends version of the Mark IV? I liked it.

I like it too that is why I made this thread. :3

at first i called it the mark -Yoink!- but now i like it.

this is old news, and he has a cod piece. it’s just black this time.

I hope the light blue-themed HUD stays. It’s iconic and one of the minute details that I really like in the HUD. When I think of Halo, I think of blue. Just look at this website.