Johns armor....Mark 6 or 7?? (curious)

Now im not sure on this topic and im sure many already know and this may be a pointless thread but i have heard that its still the mark 6 like halo 3. Idk if this is true or not.

So can anyone clarify for me what is it?

Comment below if you like it being mark 6 or if you think it should be called the mark
7 since its a new design.

Thank you for your time

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT QUESTION (TONY the Tiger)

I think it’s a modified mark VI

I think it’s Mark 6.

Will we get it in multiplayer?

It’s still Mark VI the only Spartan with Mark VII is the one in the Kilo-Five trilogy. I can’t remember her name. But I think 343 said that the Halo 4 armour is their new version of Mark VI like how the Forward Unto Dawn and Jackals were redesigned with no explanation in Halo canon.

> It’s still Mark VI the only Spartan with Mark VII is the one in the Kilo-Five trilogy. I can’t remember her name. But I think 343 said that the Halo 4 armour is their new version of Mark VI like how the Forward Unto Dawn and Jackals were redesigned with no explanation in Halo canon.

oh ok this make perfect sense now, thanks =]

It’s MK.VI, just heavily modified

> GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT QUESTION (TONY the Tiger)

I can’t stop laughing

> It’s still Mark VI the only Spartan with Mark VII is the one in the Kilo-Five trilogy. I can’t remember her name. But I think 343 said that the Halo 4 armour is their new version of Mark VI like how the Forward Unto Dawn and Jackals were redesigned with no explanation in Halo canon.

Actually, there is a canonical explanation for Chief’s new design of armour. Though it’s still MARK-VI, he received some minor upgrades for it during cryostasis. This was done when Cortana administered the modifications using nanobot technology.

> > It’s still Mark VI the only Spartan with Mark VII is the one in the Kilo-Five trilogy. I can’t remember her name. But I think 343 said that the Halo 4 armour is their new version of Mark VI like how the Forward Unto Dawn and Jackals were redesigned with no explanation in Halo canon.
>
> Actually, there is a canonical explanation for Chief’s new design of armour. Though it’s still MARK-VI, he received some minor upgrades for it during cryostasis. This was done when Cortana administered the modifications using nanobot technology.

Source?
Cortana only upgraded Chiefs firmware while he was in cryo. This is not an explanation for the new look of his armor. Naomi in her Mark VII armor has the nano tech that can make repairs/upgrades but as far as we know chief does not have this. Unless you can point me to an official source explaining this?

So far all we’ve been told is that it’s an artistic redesign with no canonical explanation. You’ll remember in H2 Chief recieved a whole new set of armor in game. In H3 it was the same armor but with a lovely graphic update. In H4 it is a completely different set of armor; a re-disgn rather than a graphical update. 343i has told us about how concerned they are with canon (making multiplayer fit in with canon for example), but it’s looking as if there will be no explanation for Chiefs new armor which is sending us some mixed signals. Maybe by the time the game launches 343 wil have come up with an explanation.

Upgraded Version of The Mark 6.

Mark. Six it’s just his special armor like his chest plate you can get it but it wont have the scratch on it

Mark VI

VI Is the Roman Numeral for 6.

Modified Mark IV, as in 4.

I think it’s still a mark six but has been upgraded and tweaked

It’s still Mark 6 however whilst Master Chief was in Cyro-Sleep Cortana made some updates to it… (I think…)