John holds our key to survival from the flood

Arbiter:

"To find him, you must forget the stories…

Forget the legends…

You have to do more than ‘walk’ in his footsteps.

For he is more than the sum of his actions…

I tell you this, not because I trust you, Agent Locke.

But because all our lives are at stake.

Because the seeds of our future, are sown in his past."

Geas. Forerunners put ancient humans into us. How does Thel find out about geas? Are our lives at stake because the flood has returned? So many questions I’m still tingly from the over whelming news and not thinking straight!! Ahhhh! Thoughts though?

I agree with your theory of geas. After all, a huge moment in Halo 4 was when the Librarian revealed that John had been planned by her one hundred thousand years ago, that he, his armor, and his AI was the culmination of one hundred thousand years of planning. That being said, there is no way that we know of that the Arbiter could have known about this, unless:

1. The Arbiter himself contains geas (unlikely, however, since the Forerunners really were only focused on Reclaimers)
  2. John asked the UNSC for help to go find Mendicant Bias on the wreckage of the Lesser Ark to restore Cortana and the UNSC refused. He then went to his only real friend and person he could trust in the galaxy that is the Arbiter. He asked Thel for help to find Mendicant Bias (while telling him about his encounter with the Librarian and the geas and all that) but Thel refused saying that he needed to stay on Sanghelios to lead his people through this troubled time.

Way too premature to say its the Flood. Probably the Didact again.

That said, good theroy.

> I agree with your theory of geas. After all, a huge moment in Halo 4 was when the Librarian revealed that John had been planned by her one hundred thousand years ago, that he, his armor, and his AI was the culmination of one hundred thousand years of planning. That being said, there is no way that we know of that the Arbiter could have known about this, unless:
> 1. The Arbiter himself contains geas (unlikely, however, since the Forerunners really were only focused on Reclaimers)
> 2. John asked the UNSC for help to go find Mendicant Bias on the wreckage of the Lesser Ark to restore Cortana and the UNSC refused. He then went to his only real friend and person he could trust in the galaxy that is the Arbiter. He asked Thel for help to find Mendicant Bias (while telling him about his encounter with the Librarian and the geas and all that) but Thel refused saying that he needed to stay on Sanghelios to lead his people through this troubled time.

We know that ancient humans had the cure to the flood. Is it possible the cure lurks within john? If ONI found out is that then why they maybe sent agent Locke To capture john and cut him up like they would have done to Johnson? But in the process Locke finds out the truth about everything from Thel.

Let’s take a step back and maybe simplify your theory on how thel knows. Remember how the elites in halo 2 (forgot the ship masters name but I’ll refresh my self sept 11 :wink: ) stumbled across 343 guilty spark. Maybe Thel stumbles upon Librarians AI.

> Way too premature to say its the Flood. Probably the Didact again.
>
> That said, good theroy.

Very true and thanks. I could see the Didact returning at the end maybe… Maybe even the ISO Didact

But if Didact is the threat, then why did Arbiter say “All our lives are at stake”
Why would Didact want to kill everyone. I thought he’s only against humans and the flood.

He has to somehow. How the Arbiter knows, I have no idea.

Thel can’t possibly be talking about the Didact. Sure, the Didact wants Humans dead. Sure, the Didact can rally majority of Sangheilios to his cause just by showing up. But the Didact cannot possibly be that big of a threat. “All our lives are at stake”? No, why is the Didact a threat to Sangheilios? And Thel makes it sound like more than just Earth/Sangheilios is in trouble. How can the galaxy be in trouble with the Didact only wanting to kill Humans? Even the NCA only wants the UNSC destroyed. No, it has to be the Flood. There cannot be another possibility.

> > I agree with your theory of geas. After all, a huge moment in Halo 4 was when the Librarian revealed that John had been planned by her one hundred thousand years ago, that he, his armor, and his AI was the culmination of one hundred thousand years of planning. That being said, there is no way that we know of that the Arbiter could have known about this, unless:
> > 1. The Arbiter himself contains geas (unlikely, however, since the Forerunners really were only focused on Reclaimers)
> > 2. John asked the UNSC for help to go find Mendicant Bias on the wreckage of the Lesser Ark to restore Cortana and the UNSC refused. He then went to his only real friend and person he could trust in the galaxy that is the Arbiter. He asked Thel for help to find Mendicant Bias (while telling him about his encounter with the Librarian and the geas and all that) but Thel refused saying that he needed to stay on Sanghelios to lead his people through this troubled time.
>
> <mark>We know that ancient humans had the cure to the flood</mark>. Is it possible the cure lurks within john? If ONI found out is that then why they maybe sent agent Locke To capture john and cut him up like they would have done to Johnson? But in the process Locke finds out the truth about everything from Thel.
>
> Let’s take a step back and maybe simplify your theory on how thel knows. Remember how the elites in halo 2 (forgot the ship masters name but I’ll refresh my self sept 11 :wink: ) stumbled across 343 guilty spark. Maybe Thel stumbles upon Librarians AI.

Actually…I’m pretty sure after reading the Forerunner trilogy that it explains that there was no immunity from the flood. That the flood were in fact the Precursors and that the reason that humans started to seem immune after a while, was simply down to the fact that the flood were after the Forerunners for revenge, not humans. Therefore they targeted the Forerunners and started to leave humans alone to a degree unless directly attacked.

I’ll delve back into the last book and try and find out for sure, but I’m pretty sure that’s the case.

> > Way too premature to say its the Flood. Probably the Didact again.
> >
> > That said, good theroy.
>
> Very true and thanks. I could see the Didact returning at the end maybe… Maybe even the ISO Didact

Possibly, but I also think it would be nieve to rule out the flood simply because the Didact was the latest opponent faced.

In the end, the Flood WILL return and now, they have more than one way to do so. It’s not a large stretch by any means to say that the threat alluded to in this new trailer is infact the return of the Precursors/ Flood to test humanity for the worthiness to hold the Mantle.

~ Duck.

John-117 holds the key to our survival… Hmm okay John-117 and Agent Locke was assigned to assassinate Catherine Halsey… but being such a mother figure to John, as well as the mother of Cortana, he couldn’t bring himself to do it and instead incapacitated his companion, Locke.

Catherine Halsey and John-117 had begun a quest of knowledge using the Janus key halves which were stolen from their previous possessors. They locate the Mendicant Bias construct upon the Lesser Ark… to which a possibly revival of Cortana is found…

Motive: Revive Cortana and Rescue Halsey.
Object: Janus Key and Fundamental Combat Knowledge of the Flood.

“John-117 holds the key to our survival.”

> John-117 holds the key to our survival… Hmm okay John-117 and Agent Locke was assigned to assassinate Catherine Halsey… but being such a mother figure to John, as well as the mother of Cortana, he couldn’t bring himself to do it and instead incapacitated his companion, Locke.
>
> Catherine Halsey and John-117 had begun a quest of knowledge using the Janus key halves which were stolen from their previous possessors. They locate the Mendicant Bias construct upon the Lesser Ark… to which a possibly revival of Cortana is found…
>
> Motive: Revive Cortana and Rescue Halsey.
> Object: Janus Key and Fundamental Combat Knowledge of the Flood.
>
> “John-117 holds the key to our survival.”

Your overall idea I think is reasonably well grounded.

However, I don’t think that quote you refer to means John has the Janus key literally in his posession.

~ Duck.

> We know that ancient humans had the cure to the flood.

Sadly, they didn’t. It is revealed that the Flood actually chose not to consume some humans. It was all in an overarching plot to destroy the Forerunners. Even though humans thought they had a cure, it was but a hoax.

> > We know that ancient humans had the cure to the flood.
>
> Sadly, they didn’t. It is revealed that the Flood actually chose not to consume some humans. It was all in an overarching plot to destroy the Forerunners. Even though humans thought they had a cure, it was but a hoax.

I knew it wasn’t just me =L

~ Duck.

'Tis the Flood.

343i stated that the Reclaimer saga was going to be dark. I don’t think the Didact really qualifies. But Flood + delving into Chief’s past . . . dark.

The Didact will figure somehow, but my guess is that he plays a background role until H6.

H4: Didact returns.

H5: Flood returns.

H6: Didact + Flood.

> 'Tis the Flood.
>
> 343i stated that the Reclaimer saga was going to be dark. I don’t think the Didact really qualifies. But Flood + delving into Chief’s past . . . dark.
>
> The Didact will figure somehow, but my guess is that he plays a background role until H6.
>
> H4: Didact returns.
>
> H5: Flood returns.
>
> H6: Didact + Flood.

I like it. H6 should be something bigger than just Didact + Flood, though. Didact+Didact+Librarian+Chakas+Flood would be more the scope I would like to see xD

> > 'Tis the Flood.
> >
> > 343i stated that the Reclaimer saga was going to be dark. I don’t think the Didact really qualifies. But Flood + delving into Chief’s past . . . dark.
> >
> > The Didact will figure somehow, but my guess is that he plays a background role until H6.
> >
> > H4: Didact returns.
> >
> > H5: Flood returns.
> >
> > H6: Didact + Flood.
>
> I like it. H6 should be something bigger than just Didact + Flood, though. Didact+Didact+Librarian+Chakas+Flood would be more the scope I would like to see xD

They said they didn’t want to limit Reclaimer to a trilogy, so there’s got to be something left for later. So I think there will be a few Forerunner mysteries left unsolved.