John has something he would like to say...

After hearing all the hoopla about sprint, the Master Chief himself has something to say…

no, I did not create it, PROPS TO DELTAUNITHINK for linking this for me to see

Is it some kind of video? Image? I can’t see it… Link?

Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.

In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:

> In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:

I believe that the Master Chief would be confused as to the arbitrary way in which certain members of the community define some game elements as “gimmicks” while referring to others as “features” or “mechanics”.

> Is it some kind of video? Image? I can’t see it… Link?

H4 MC in Worthog slowly terns and says “DEAL WITH IT”

Haha, very funny.
-Yoink!- has something to say about Halo 4

<mark>Halo 4</mark>

> Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
>
> In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:

YOUR the one who seems to have the “problem”

The only gimmicks ever in the history of Halo IMO were the kinect only Library in CEA and the ATLAS nonsense

> Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
>
> In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:

Actually if Halo 4 did not have sprint I think the Chief would be like…why can’t I sprint? I am a Spartan with enormous strength and speed…why no sprint?

Get. Your. Facts. Straight.

> > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> >
> > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
>
> Actually if Halo 4 did not have sprint I think the Chief would be like…why can’t I sprint? I am a Spartan with enormous strength and speed…why no sprint?
>
> Get. Your. Facts. Straight.

Didn’t Complain for 9 years :o

> > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> >
> > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
>
> Actually if Halo 4 did not have sprint I think the Chief would be like…why can’t I sprint? I am a Spartan with enormous strength and speed…why no sprint?
>
> Get. Your. Facts. Straight.

100 percent agree. You can’t have badass spartan in one sentence, and not have sprint and still think he’s badass.

> Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
>
> In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:

yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?

> > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> >
> > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
>
> yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?

What is this? I don’t even…

> What is this? I don’t even…

I feel obliged to point out to you that this phrase has been very much played out. Internet memes have become the new peer pressure. Reject them and assert your individuality.

> > > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> > >
> > > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
> >
> > yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?
>
> What is this? I don’t even…

go back and play shooters prior to Halo…most shooters allowed you to carry all the weapons in the game.

then halo came out and people thought the gimmick of only being able to carry two weapons was awesome because it was realistic. It was a gimmick.

gimmicks become game mechanics if they catch on.

It’s stupid to call sprint/perks/loadouts gimmicks because they are not. Especially sprint.

> > > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> > >
> > > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
> >
> > yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?
>
> What is this? I don’t even…

Honestly, he should be able to carry 4 weapons, one in his hands, one on his back, and one sidearm on each hip.

But 2 is just fine

HERESY!

> HERESY!

What is wrong with sprint? just because someone can get away if they end up getting shot in the back? I dont get the hate towards it

Lots of fanboy sprint lovers in this thread, eh? It’s still a silly little gimmick for casuals.

> > > > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> > > >
> > > > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
> > >
> > > yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?
> >
> > What is this? I don’t even…
>
> go back and play shooters prior to Halo…most shooters allowed you to carry all the weapons in the game.
>
> then halo came out and people thought the gimmick of only being able to carry two weapons was awesome because it was realistic. It was a gimmick.
>
> gimmicks become game mechanics if they catch on.
>
> It’s stupid to call sprint/perks/loadouts gimmicks because they are not. Especially sprint.

Don’t really think it’s a gimmick… If everyone had every weapon, then there would be no weapons to spawn on the map, and Halo wouldn’t be what we see it as today.

I don’t think the word gimmick should have ever even come to play when talking about Sprint and AAs. I suppose that word could work for things that ruin the balance and flow of gameplay…

Meh, I guess I’ll just call things that ruin balance… unbalanced.

> > > > > Here we go again, ‘Deal with it’ seems to be the new ‘Adapt’.
> > > > >
> > > > > In actual fact the MC would be very disappointed if any game featuring him was full of gimmicks :smiley:
> > > >
> > > > yes gimmicks…sort of like only being able to carry two weapons right?
> > >
> > > What is this? I don’t even…
> >
> > go back and play shooters prior to Halo…most shooters allowed you to carry all the weapons in the game.
> >
> > then halo came out and people thought the gimmick of only being able to carry two weapons was awesome because it was realistic. It was a gimmick.
> >
> > gimmicks become game mechanics if they catch on.
> >
> > It’s stupid to call sprint/perks/loadouts gimmicks because they are not. Especially sprint.
>
> Don’t really think it’s a gimmick… If everyone had every weapon, then there would be no weapons to spawn on the map, and Halo wouldn’t be what we see it as today.
>
> I don’t think the word gimmick should have ever even come to play when talking about Sprint and AAs. I suppose that word could work for things that ruin the balance and flow of gameplay…
>
> Meh, I guess I’ll just call things that ruin balance… unbalanced.

How does sprint ruin balance if everyone starts with it? How does it make the game anyless enjoyable?