John-117 is no longer necessary to humanity

I know that you will all hate me for this. Hell, I’m mad at the truth myself. But let’s face it, every remaining Spartan-II and Spartan-III is obsolete. Unnecessary. Pointless.

Why you ask? Let’s see. Someone once said that if Blue Team, Noble Team and Fireteam Majestic got in a fight, that Majestic would lose easily.

I’m not convinced. Yes, they lack skill. They lack as much experience and training. But they have superior technology and weapons. That’s almost a guaranteed victory in EVERY WAR.

Think about it guys and girls. Spartan-IV’s are not children kidnapped or forced into service. They are willing adults. Just about anyone can sign up, no fear of defects from augmentation. They get superior firepower, equipment, armor, etc. Spartan-II’s and Spartan-III’s would have done ANYTHING to have the advances in battle that the IV’s have. They are brought to light to the public, hell they ARE the poster children of the UNSC. No one cares about the older models of Spartans. These are men and women who will go into battle and most of the time come back home to see their families. No one has to immediately sacrifice their lives for the survival of humanity without hesitation. Because of the Spartan-IV’s things are finally getting back to normal.

I agree, it’s incredibly unfair that after all those soldiers went through, their families taken, their lives changed forever, everything they could have had gone forever, and now they are obsolete. It really sucks. It’s just no right that now they almost have no place in this universe. I mean, why would ONI or the UNSC need a breed of super soldiers that are almost extinct when the better and more reliable models are right here?

John, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Naomi, Lucy, Tom, Ash, Mark, Olivia - where do they go now? What are they supposed to do? It just feels like all their sacrifices got them nothing in return because they’ve been replaced.

Halsey was right. They wanted to replace Master Chief. And the saddest part about that…they succeeded.

-Ryan

If you are saying that the Spartans IV would win because they have better/newer equipment well the remaining Spartans II and III could just get this newer/better equipment and would be way more superior than any Spartan IV.

The UNSC will eventually, if not sooner rather than later, treat them as war relics. They are unnecessary. That’s the sad part.

-Ryan

As he said, your thing doesn’t make much sense.

Spartans are Spartans… useful in combat.

Give the S-II’s gen2 armor and get them back in the field its where they belong.

The Spartan IIs will always be valuable… Superior technology means nothing in the face of battlefield experience. Although I partly agree with the rest of your post. The spartan IIs will probably be sadly pushed to the sidelines in the same way you push a bad memory to the sidelines. The Spartan IVs are also not superior (I think) in terms of SOME of the more dangerous genetic augmentations. The spartan IVs will also probably be superior in terms of use… But its kinda like comparing Seal team 6 to the rest of the Seals…

1. John and the other S-IIs started training at 6. He spent the last 30 years fighting the Covenant (with all their advanced technology) - and winning.

2. What was the first thing that happened when he met Palmer, her group of S-IVs, and Lasky? Lasky had John clear an LZ. Why? Oh yeah - Palmer and the S-IVs were incapable of this simple task.

Every remaning Spartan II or III is a more capable soldier then majority of Spartan IV’s. Better tech and equipment wouldn’t make S-IV’s anybetter when considering the experience and training and mental rediness of a Spartan II/III.

Spartan IV’s are just super soldiers with toys.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

PLEASE Edit this -Yoink- immediately. If you don’t you will be the second most hated person in all halo universe (beating Travis is impossible).
Replaying to your absurd considerations is a waste of time.

Superior technology means an almost guaranteed victory in every war??!

Tell that to the Covenant.

> Superior technology means an almost guaranteed victory in every war??!
>
> Tell that to the Covenant.

I like the quote there, nice touch.

Just to be clear, I never said that I was happy about this. But this is the truth that bothers me. Maybe I’m wrong. I sure hope so.

Oh, and yes, superior technology wins most, NOT ALL wars. The South had better leaders and better military soldiers than the North did during the Civil War of the U.S. And yet because the North had greater fleets of ships, had factories, they won.

“Tell that to the Covenant”? In case you forgot, we only beat them when our ships outnumbered theirs 3 to 1. We had been LOSING for almost 30 years. We lost hundreds of planets and BILLIONS of lives because they had SUPERIOR technology. Now we are the ones with superior technology. We are more likely going to win now more often than not.

-Ryan

>

Were it so easy,

Humanity was losing until Elites to come in and bailed them out

Its true that a single, or couple supersoldiers of the war, won’t be as important as the hundreds being made. In that way, these former Spartans can eventually be considered “forgotten”.

But what won’t be forgotten is that they are heros. The first true Spartans, the ones that fought the Covenant until they [Missing in Action] throughout the war.

When the time comes, when the UNSC forces need a moral boost. Inspiration… that is where Spartans like the Chief come in.

You remember the Marines on Infinity saying “I thought he’s dead” and “Woah!” as you walked by? As these Spartans get better equipment, they won’t be considered individually or singularly important, but the time will come.

Not everyone can sign up for the IV’s, you have to be selected and you can choose to do it or not. The IV’s were the best soldiers humanity had–strongest, fastest, smartest–and were given superhuman abilities to compliment that.

But while the purpose of the II’s are diminished, they aren’t completely useless. They’re still Spartans, and the best Spartans in the military to this day. While the IVs have better tech, the II’s have superior skill across the board. The II’s were selected for being particularly gifted children, and that counts for more than you’re giving credit for.

> As he said, your thing doesn’t make much sense.
>
> Spartans are Spartans… useful in combat.

Wait what the heck. Why did your avatar change from the Didact’s symbol to the Librarian’s?

>

This.

> > As he said, your thing doesn’t make much sense.
> >
> > Spartans are Spartans… useful in combat.
>
> Wait what the heck. Why did your avatar change from the Didact’s symbol to the Librarian’s?

To quote Roland “Magic”.

>

Right out of Johns mouth.

With the fact that the older Spartans know almost nothing but knowledge of combat and critical deision making, from the age of 6ish, they are too hard to replace, unless ONI or the UNSC did the same thing with children. Sorry man, but face it, II’s and III’s > IV’s, and I actually like the IV’s too.

Thorne and Crimson do look promising, however, so I’ll give you that.