John 117 can't come back to Earth or make contact until 2610

At the end of the credits of HALO 3, John and Cortana are left floating in space. John is in Cryosleep. This is later reaffirmed by the compilation of Halo shorts, Halo Legends.
I knew there would eventually be a Halo 4 or something like it as the writers left it wide open and gave Halo buffs like me HOPE back in 2007.
One concern I have always had was about the timeline. AS WE ALL NOW KNOW, Halo 4 is in development and will start our new trilogy sometime next year (hopefully). Kudos to all you old Bungie guys at 343 ( named after guilty spark, our ever loving monitor). Thanks for keeping the story alive.
To the writers at 343 , Beware the “HALO3 Believe” and “Gravesight” vidocs. The John 117 memorial was not presented to the Humanities museum until 2610.
LT. Shah interviewed 43 years after Master Chiefs’ supposed death. He wasn’t talking like John ever came back. Just listed MIA.
Now we can find many ways around this, ONI could keep it secret if they do find him again or John may never return to earth and can have endless adventures playing “Lost in Space”. Your call. Spartan II was a TS project anyway.
Then again, you guys probably already know this and are aware of it. Just trying to help.
Also, are Dr.Halsey, Kelly, Linda, and Fred possible? I have to reread Ghosts of Onyx to be sure who is still alive. In fact, didn’t they all transport somewhere and it left us hanging? Somewhere like a big Forerunner or Precursor shelter, possibly like the one John faces in the H4 trailer…

Damn ONI cover-ups

Ads aren’t canon

it would make sense that John, like all the rest of the Spartan-IIs was thought of as MIA, as they never listed them as KIA to give the impression that they are immortal. ONI cover up, very possible. we will have to see where the new trilogy takes us.

as for Dr.Halsey and the rest of the spartans. you are correct, they jumped into the slipspace bubble in the center of onyx taking them all to a forerunner shield world. ghost of onyx ending left me wanting to sell my soul to read the conclusion…damn eric nylund and his suspenseful endings

> Ads aren’t canon

QFT

Even if some ads are or could be canon (landfall, Remember Reach), the Halo 3 Believe ads are definitely not canon. In that same ad you refer too, the soldier being interviewed refers to things 11 told him during a battle that, as we know from Halo 3, never happened. For all we know, John could end up at earth somehow by the end of Halo 4. There’s very little right now that says otherwise.

OR!!! They could just retcon it and make the ads not canon.

> Ads aren’t canon

This.

Also, the time John has been floating in space could be anything from few months to a century. Even if John returned to Earth, it could already be way after 2610.

> > Ads aren’t canon
>
> This.
>
> Also, the time John has been floating in space could be anything from few months to a century. Even if John returned to Earth, it could already be way after 2610.

Both of you are right, the Ads aren’t really canon, but Cryo could keep him “asleep” for who knows how long, so it could be 2610.

Also, the Ads can be made canon.

> Ads aren’t canon

Adsarentcanon.net (for those of you that frequent HBO)

> Ads aren’t canon

And thank the Rings for that.

> > Ads aren’t canon
>
> Adsarentcanon.net (for those of you that frequent HBO)

Rofl. :wink:

Grim

They need to bring John back to Earth like 200 years later and have everyone be all “lolwut” when some 200 year old super soldier appears that hasn’t been heard of in 2 centuries.

> Ads aren’t canon

this is true. the monument is about the second battle of New Mombassa and there wasn’t one.
Also some of those guys who are in the ads joined AFTER the war was over and spoke of fighting with the Chief against the Covenant.
I’m sorry but you’re theory is false. Do more research next time.

totally forgot about that commercial :open_mouth:

You know, the 2nd battle of New Mombassa is speculated to be a cover-up, so why can’t all Halo 3 ads be?

The marketing materials and the like are the lowest tier of canon, whatever is said in them can be retconned at any time and it wouldn’t matter. And the Believe ads are all about a cover-up story on Master Chief’s “death”. I wouldn’t take what they say as absolute fact. 343i can have Chief come back to Earth or UNSC space any time they want him to.

> Also, are Dr.Halsey, Kelly, Linda, and Fred possible? I have to reread Ghosts of Onyx to be sure who is still alive. In fact, didn’t they all transport somewhere and it left us hanging? Somewhere like a big Forerunner or Precursor shelter, possibly like the one John faces in the H4 trailer…

Dr. Halsey, Kelly, Linda and Fred were transported from the Onyx Forerunner Shield World into a Dyson Shell somewhere, however, Frank O’Connor confirmed at the Comic Con Halo Universe Panel that the object the Master Chief is headed towards in the Halo4 trailer is NOT Onyx.

That said, the fate of the Dyson shell team will be addressed in the upcoming novels written by Karen Traviss, starting with Glasslands (October release, I believe) and I am very much excited about hearing it!

Where would I find the evidence (besides the imaginary battle) that the ads are non-canon? not doubting there is some, just wondering.

I would like to thank you all for your input. I only recently (news of a H4 release) took notice to Halo discussion and I’m hooked. After being a fan for ten years, I found this website and realized how deep u guys take this S&%t! AWESOME!
You guys even break down the astronomy…I am really impressed. You guys as a whole should call yourselves Zulu team or something…
I have learned so much. I won’t say “I thought I was all alone” or anything but I am the only person I “Physically know of” that has read the books… that is… until… I found…
YOU GUYS**!**…and gals.
I’m still trying to understand the whole ( help!?) canon thing (cannon?) but from your responses, I think I have a general Idea.
As for as my post, I have had a ton of questions answered that have been on my mind for years. Grasslands should put my mind at ease about the others survivors which kind of ties up the answers to my original question.
They are in slipspace so time doesn’t matter. Everyone else got killed in H3 so there is no one on Earth ( I’m sure you guys will tear this one up) or from the campaign (excluding Halsey, and she doesn’t come back to Earth until Grasslands) that is around to really matter. Really, if you haven’t read the novels, all you would care about would be John and Cortana, and if your sharp, Halsey. Wait, Where’s ADM. Cole. Is he still alive? I’m sure I’ll know soon enough…lol :).
The 2610 thing was a big deal to me for years cuz as a simple Halo Fan, I wanted accuracy. Now that you guys have taught me the concept of Canon, I need not worry.
I’m under the impression that a ViDoc is canon from what you guys have discussed…or only certain advertising based ViDocs? I always took them as fact.
I also made a mistake in my post. The Video that messed my head up was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBBX33YTus&feature=relmfu
"begun 3 years ago in 2607…"