Joe Staten's hint about the dust storm?

What are your thoughts on this?
Some say it is the Wardern Eternal, but I’m not so sure.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s the Warden or Didact.

I’m hoping it’s another Endless baddie recently awoken and really pissed off.

I can wait to find out. The anticipation brings me joy.

5 Likes

Yeah, it definitely is important to S2, otherwise Joe wouldn’t have pointed it out.
Excited to find out what it is.

4 Likes

Is it related to the video of the Master Chief meeting the Guardian in the desert.
Considering Joe’s position, does it imply that there will be a DLC

2 Likes

it could have something to do with the area Chief ended up in at the end of the campaign. it was a desert that reminded me a little of some bits in the original reveal trailer.

2 Likes

It looks a bit like the skull of the elite.

2 Likes

Thats the fanbase

6 Likes

Well, some time back he was tweeting about storywriting.
Maybe it has something with his work + S2 to do.
So, maybe it’s some story.
I really hope they have a big surprise for us.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if it had anything to do with a previously encountered enemy considering how H:I is basically a stand alone story. I’m not letting it hype me up at all, 343 lost that ability on me a long time ago. It’s just a dust storm until proven otherwise.

4 Likes

Either something to do with the S2 story cutscene or a mini BR type of made with 24 players.

I’d love it to be for an upcoming campaign dlc but that’s probably too early.

1 Like

I doubt that they will have a DLC for Season 2, not a worthwhile one anyway.
Although, I would love to be surprised.

I personally think it will tie into the “Lone Wolves” story for Season 2.
I am really hoping that we get some kind of Spartans Ops type of thing, that would be awesome seasonal content

2 Likes

What if… And this is a stretch… The storm is a danger zone. But the Halo twist is that the ‘storm’ is actually a swarm of small flood infection forms and crossing into it turns players into combat forms.

It’s a BR that is actually a new version of zombies.

Ok that is definitely not it… But damn that’d be cool. I’d play that br.

4 Likes

Boy.
That would be fricking awesome, I’d probably play that more than Infection.

someone hire this man

3 Likes

Oh… Stop it…

But… y’know… I’ll basically work for food.

4 Likes

It probably has a reason why they delayed the Rubicon protocol. . .
The new novel must have at least a reference if not a substantial piece of information about it

3 Likes

Dust storm? It must be the return of Behemoth!

1 Like

“ It looks… angry.”
This sentence reminds me of Halo Infinite Campaign Gameplay Overview
The Weapon: “Look out Chief, he looks-”
Master Chief: “angry.”
It’s a little far-fetched, but I think there might be a connection, considering the two Spartans in the video were injured.They may have met a dangerous enemy.

1 Like

Definitely seems like will be the villain of the piece.

Not sure about the Warden as feels like they want to introduce the Banished threat in wider galaxy first before any Created Remnant. But I’d have thought red eyes if it was a Banished. Didact just feels like that would come out nowhere.

If it is the Warden or a Created AI, that would fit the existing narrative. They would want to bring Cortana back to restore their control over the Guardians. Which would mean finding Zeta which is the same goal as our Heroes in the multi trailer. The Warden would make some sense given his whole deal was making sure nothing bad happened to her and he screwed up there. He’d be very mad right now. :smile:

Could be it’s a three way race between the UNSC, Banished and Created to find where Zeta Halo is.

2 Likes

Literally just looks like a wolf

1 Like